Random Reboot

Search This thread

magictwins

Oct 17, 2010
Hong Kong
A couple of weeks ago, my u8800 starts random rebooting(I had my u8800 several month ago), most of the time during sleep. It happens at least every day, some time every hour. I figure it has something to do with the mobile data connection, because if I turn data off, it won't reboot.

I tried to set network type to WCDMA preferred, GSM only, GSM auto, but it doesn't change so much. And I tried different ROMs, like Miui, Oxygen, CM7.1 beta, they all keep rebooting, of course I also tried stock rom

Any suggestion?

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
A couple of weeks ago, my u8800 starts random rebooting(I had my u8800 several month ago), most of the time during sleep. It happens at least every day, some time every hour. I figure it has something to do with the mobile data connection, because if I turn data off, it won't reboot.

I tried to set network type to WCDMA preferred, GSM only, GSM auto, but it doesn't change so much. And I tried different ROMs, like Miui, Oxygen, CM7.1 beta, they all keep rebooting, of course I also tried stock rom

Any suggestion?

What ROM are you using? Running any custom kernel?

magictwins

Oct 17, 2010
Hong Kong
Better try to figure it out with stock ROM until it is stable. What was the last stock ROM that you have flashed?

I got similar random reboots when I was trying around with different kernels.

HK B153. Actually the whole reboot thing started from when I was using B153, then I flashed CM7, which was stable for at least one week. Then it starts again... then I tried other ROMs seeking a fix, but no help.

I will take your advice, return to stock tonight. Let's start all over again see what happens.

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
HK B153. Actually the whole reboot thing started from when I was using B153, then I flashed CM7, which was stable for at least one week. Then it starts again... then I tried other ROMs seeking a fix, but no help.

I will take your advice, return to stock tonight. Let's start all over again see what happens.

The PCCW B153? That ROM sucks :p Try a newer stock ROM like B138 or B137.

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
Fixme if i'm wrong, but whole random reboot stuff is i think android related..i mean some bug in android. Cause MANY different brands users complain about this. Don't think that this is hardware related. Windows creates log file after crashing... does Android do that? :D

vethan

Sep 23, 2011
Same problem

I've been having the same rebooting problem as well, across both oxygen and CM7, both using the franco.kernel. Do you think it could be a problem with the kernel? Or something else

crusty210

Apr 16, 2011

Any suggestion?

I am basically having the same issues but one more thing I've noticed is when the phone is charging (either through USB or direct AC) it never reboots. In shrt it reboots when it's on 3g/2g and when not charging.

Could this be a hardware issue? And btw, when connected to wifi I have no such issues.

Can someone please post the stock kernel and ROM for this phone when it came out of the box?

I am currently running oxygen with franco's kernel (both updated to their latest versions)

vethan

Sep 23, 2011
I am basically having the same issues but one more thing I've noticed is when the phone is charging (either through USB or direct AC) it never reboots. In shrt it reboots when it's on 3g/2g and when not charging.

Could this be a hardware issue? And btw, when connected to wifi I have no such issues.

Can someone please post the stock kernel and ROM for this phone when it came out of the box?

I am currently running oxygen with franco's kernel (both updated to their latest versions)

In my case I've had it having trouble both on WIFI and when plugged in so I'm not sure if they're related

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
This is strange. I haven't something like that neither with stock or custom roms(I have b138 as base and oxygen with franko's kernel). Are you sure that there isn't any app that causes the problem? I recently read somewhere that blackmart app can lead to randomly reboots cause with this you can download apps which are untrusted and maybe contain viruses.

gianmaxfactor

Sep 5, 2012
Has the Random Reboot issue been resolved for you guys?
What did resolve it?

random reboots for me too

any news?

anyway i have to say that my phone has the sd slot that doesn't retain the card strongly, so i suspect an electric bad contact

also, often after a reboot i experience damaged files...

Hollow548

Sep 19, 2013
I have random reboots too. On all roms i tried. It works fine couple days and after some time apps gets force closed (reboot and fixing permissions sometimes helps). And phone reboots couple times a day.

Last edited: