• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Random reboot

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
There are several threads on the topic, and yes it seems to be quite the widespread issue. Some where able to fix this by doing a factory reset WITHOUT a backup from another device, some (like me) needed a replacement device.

We still do not know if its a software or hardware issue, or if these are two separate issues that are similar in symptoms but differ in cause (hardware failure/bug caused reboot & software/backup problem).

I'd suggest you either contact Google and get a replacement immediately or try a factory reset and manual setup (I assume you copied over your files from another phone?).

Reactions: pre4speed

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Have you tried a factory reset, then not restoring from backup (or if you did a cable backup/restore, try a cloud restore instead)?

I hate to suggest it because I restored my Note 10+ cloud backup with no issue, but enough other folks have suggested factory reset and not restoring a backup at all. Worth a shot. Good luck, whatever route you take.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Replacement device ordered. More issues arose beyond the reboots, slow charging (6 hours from dead!), apps crashing, settings crashing, wifi issues. I love the phone, but not these issues from a 1k phone!
Pretty sure that three of your problems are software/Android 12 based, but the reboot and wifi issues are probably not. Ergo a replacement should definitely suit you.

It's the old concern of Pixels - they act as beta tester devices for new Android version (and the new Pixels always get the newest Android...). Meaning that people always think "it's Pixel bug! Replace! Hate! Pitchfork!" - even though it's often "just" an Android (12) bug.

It is very difficult to differentiate between a "real" Pixel bug/problem and an Android one, since at the time where Pixels get released, there are no other stable versions of (the newest) Android out there.

Reactions: pre4speed

pre4speed

Pretty sure that three of your problems are software/Android 12 based, but the reboot and wifi issues are probably not. Ergo a replacement should definitely suit you.

It's the old concern of Pixels - they act as beta tester devices for new Android version (and the new Pixels always get the newest Android...). Meaning that people always think "it's Pixel bug! Replace! Hate! Pitchfork!" - even though it's often "just" an Android (12) bug.

It is very difficult to differentiate between a "real" Pixel bug/problem and an Android one, since at the time where Pixels get released, there are no other stable versions of (the newest) Android out there.
Ugh, I am not liking hearing that. First pixel phone.

pre4speed

I am on beta One UI 4 on my s21u currently, and the bugs on that are not the same bugs as the pixel, that's for sure. At least not the random reboots. But Samsung so heavily skins android, that is not a surprise. One of the main reasons I want to go pixel. Tired of Samsung putting their trash over vanilla Android

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried a factory reset, then not restoring from backup (or if you did a cable backup/restore, try a cloud restore instead)?

I hate to suggest it because I restored my Note 10+ cloud backup with no issue, but enough other folks have suggested factory reset and not restoring a backup at all. Worth a shot. Good luck, whatever route you take.
    There are several threads on the topic, and yes it seems to be quite the widespread issue. Some where able to fix this by doing a factory reset WITHOUT a backup from another device, some (like me) needed a replacement device.

We still do not know if its a software or hardware issue, or if these are two separate issues that are similar in symptoms but differ in cause (hardware failure/bug caused reboot & software/backup problem).

I'd suggest you either contact Google and get a replacement immediately or try a factory reset and manual setup (I assume you copied over your files from another phone?).
    Wow, that is unsettling. Yes, I copied from an S21U backup. I've only seen this once so far, how extreme does it get? I searched before posting but did not see any discussions. I will look more. Thank you.
    Replacement device ordered. More issues arose beyond the reboots, slow charging (6 hours from dead!), apps crashing, settings crashing, wifi issues. I love the phone, but not these issues from a 1k phone!

Ugh, I am not liking hearing that. First pixel phone.
    That is some bad luck. Sorry to hear that. But the Packers won today so that's good😀