Random reboots?

Search This thread

jbilik

May 9, 2016
Had the phone plugged into a Dash car charger this morning and experienced three or four reboots before and after connecting to bluetooth. Unplugged it and haven't experienced a reboot since. Anybody else experiencing this?

kennonk

Just got the phone today and while setting it up it has rebooted on it's own 4 times. Once during bootup as I am typing in the decrypt password it froze up and rebooted from there which is before most of the OS is even loaded...I have fear.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

It is going from bad to worse for me. I am now not just getting random reboots but the phone is going to sleep and powering itself off completely.

kennonk

Sounds like hardware issue. Don't give up, request replacement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I just opened a ticket. Waiting for a level 2 to contact me they want to remote wipe and reinstall oxygenOS on it. Although since the problem can happen at the preboot decryption prompt I have a feeling it will be a warranty replacement. Love the phone, just sad I got a lemon :(

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
I just opened a ticket. Waiting for a level 2 to contact me they want to remote wipe and reinstall oxygenOS on it. Although since the problem can happen at the preboot decryption prompt I have a feeling it will be a warranty replacement. Love the phone, just sad I got a lemon :(
Dont worry buddy... you and i are in the same boat [emoji32] [emoji29] [emoji30]

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

kennonk

Dont worry buddy... you and i are in the same boat [emoji32] [emoji29] [emoji30]

Have you opened a ticket yet? The site the sent me to schedule the level 2 tech to reinstall the OS just says "Currently, No services are available" I think I just want them to send me a shipping label so I can get the exchange started rather than jumping through these tech support hoops. I dont think the issue we are having is very common and I'd rather just get a working device than fix this one.

ConorCX

Jan 20, 2013
I had an issue transferring a file to the OnePlus 3 via Bluetooth after setting the phone up. I didn't experience any reboot issue accompanied with this though. I wish you luck with support. I thankfully haven't had to use it yet.

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
Have you opened a ticket yet? The site the sent me to schedule the level 2 tech to reinstall the OS just says "Currently, No services are available" I think I just want them to send me a shipping label so I can get the exchange started rather than jumping through these tech support hoops. I dont think the issue we are having is very common and I'd rather just get a working device than fix this one.
Yea i opened a ticket for a return but they have not gotten back to me yet after i confirmed my billing address. I told them to open up a return ticket so i can order a new phone right away instead of waiting for them to send a replacement cause lets be honest... that will take a while.

kennonk

Yea i opened a ticket for a return but they have not gotten back to me yet after i confirmed my billing address. I told them to open up a return ticket so i can order a new phone right away instead of waiting for them to send a replacement cause lets be honest... that will take a while.

Yeah they are pretty much demanding I go through their repair process with a remote control session and stuff I should have just straight out asked for a full refund instead of reporting it as a broken unit. I have a feeling I am screwed at this point. All the stories I am reading on the OnePlus.net forums about RMA's and returns are complete horror stories. I hope I am proven wrong but this is certainly a downside of going with a small company.

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
Yeah they are pretty much demanding I go through their repair process with a remote control session and stuff I should have just straight out asked for a full refund instead of reporting it as a broken unit. I have a feeling I am screwed at this point. All the stories I am reading on the OnePlus.net forums about RMA's and returns are complete horror stories. I hope I am proven wrong but this is certainly a downside of going with a small company.
Yea same here. Im still waiting for the instructions. So far so horrible...

sri4xda

Nov 25, 2009
chennai
Yea same here. Im still waiting for the instructions. So far so horrible...

Random reboots can be because of static electricity. Try to drain the battery to 0 percent and keep it at zero percent battery for 5 mins or so on floor. Then charge the phone back and see if random reboots disappear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mayo1024

kennonk

Random reboots can be because of static electricity. Try to drain the battery to 0 percent and keep it at zero percent battery for 5 mins or so on floor. Then charge the phone back and see if random reboots disappear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If I let mine sleep for more than 20 mins or so it would completely and silently power off. It is acting just like when you undervolt your custom kernel too much. I am pretty sure mine is a hardware problem like a bad capacitor or something.

So I went on the OnePlus site yesterday evening and figure out how to request a service ticket and requested a refund RMA and today got approved and a shipping label. I gave it to FedEx at lunch today. As soon as the credit hits my account I will just order another one. I love the phone and I bought $80 worth of accessories. I just want a functional one and I refuse to spend hours of my personal time on the phone with their support team. It is not my job to repair a defective device. I wish they would cross-ship a replacement.

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
If I let mine sleep for more than 20 mins or so it would completely and silently power off. It is acting just like when you undervolt your custom kernel too much. I am pretty sure mine is a hardware problem like a bad capacitor or something.

So I went on the OnePlus site yesterday evening and figure out how to request a service ticket and requested a refund RMA and today got approved and a shipping label. I gave it to FedEx at lunch today. As soon as the credit hits my account I will just order another one. I love the phone and I bought $80 worth of accessories. I just want a functional one and I refuse to spend hours of my personal time on the phone with their support team. It is not my job to repair a defective device. I wish they would cross-ship a replacement.
You got an rma the same day? I requested a ticket for an rma return and they still have not gotten back to me. Their support sucks.

kennonk

You got an rma the same day? I requested a ticket for an rma return and they still have not gotten back to me. Their support sucks.

About 14 hours later. I opened the service ticket at like 7pm and around 10am the following day got the RMA label. When opening the service request I just asked for an RMA because "I don't like the device". It is within the 15 day return window period I didn't say anything about it being defective or broken. I had 2 lvl 2 support appoins set up and they missed both of them. At that point I was done messing around with support.

Mit Hipster

May 5, 2015
I'm having the same reboot issue as well. Three times in four days. All while using Waze and listening to podcasts using the Pocket Casts app over my car's bluetooth connection. I drained the battery completely yesterday, hopefully that makes a difference.

BubooBear

Dec 17, 2012
About 14 hours later. I opened the service ticket at like 7pm and around 10am the following day got the RMA label. When opening the service request I just asked for an RMA because "I don't like the device". It is within the 15 day return window period I didn't say anything about it being defective or broken. I had 2 lvl 2 support appoins set up and they missed both of them. At that point I was done messing around with support.
Ive been trying to create a return ticket without having to go through customer support but whenever i get to the third stage where it asks me for my email, i click continue and then it says please choose an address even though it does not have any addresses to add or choose.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Ive been trying to create a return ticket without having to go through customer support but whenever i get to the third stage where it asks me for my email, i click continue and then it says please choose an address even though it does not have any addresses to add or choose.

NVM. Figured it out by clearing cache and browsing history.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone