Random Reboots

Search This thread

Anubiz_DK

Apr 27, 2015
I've had my honor 10 for over a year now,never experienced any issues,not even after updating to emui 10,however recently ive noticed the device restarting itself while not even in use,and these days its starting to sometimes freeze and reboot. Has anyone experienced anything like this, i am considering to do a factory reset however first id like to hear if anyone has any other ideas what could be the cause.

RGAGA

Feb 18, 2018
I'm experiencing exactly the same. I had no problem in two years but for the past two days I think my honor 10 froze and rebooted maybe 5/6 times... It's completely random, three times when I had the phone in hand, the other during night or non using period.
I'm also on emui 10 since it was available : currently on 10.0.0.177(C432E3R1P4patch01). @Anubiz_DK did you find any clues ?

Anubiz_DK

Apr 27, 2015
I'm experiencing exactly the same. I had no problem in two years but for the past two days I think my honor 10 froze and rebooted maybe 5/6 times... It's completely random, three times when I had the phone in hand, the other during night or non using period.
I'm also on emui 10 since it was available : currently on 10.0.0.177(C432E3R1P4patch01). @Anubiz_DK did you find any clues ?
My problem was the same, factory reseting it worked.

Anubiz_DK

Apr 27, 2015
Also i how much free ram do you have without an open app, seems to be conected to the issue, both time i had reboots it was around 800mb and 1.12gb,after wiping the catches ive stayed around 1.8-2.0 gbs

Rebkos

Oct 20, 2009
Prague
About 2 days after wipe of cache partition the reboots started again. No apparent reason why. Sometimes it happens when in use, sometimes it happens when not it use. Some times there are plenty of apps in background, sometimes 1 or 2. Sometimes it reboots 3 times in a few minutes, sometimes it goes 1-2 days without reboot. Heavy use and multitasking doesn't seem to trigger the reboot. Few times it even rebooted while booting and once it booted to safe mode.

Rebkos

Oct 20, 2009
Prague
Im on EMUI 10. I can't think of any HW issue. Maybe RAM related?

The reboots started to intensify for last 4 days. I get about 5-15 daily at various situations. Formatting cache partition doesn't help anymore, i got one reboot about 5 minutes after wiping cache partition.

Anubiz_DK

Apr 27, 2015
I have a new theory after traveling last night on a train, for a while there were no reboots, but as i was in a hell hot train last night the phone could not stop rebooting, sooo im imaginine its possible overheating issue

ichepurnoy

Jul 1, 2008
I have a new theory after traveling last night on a train, for a while there were no reboots, but as i was in a hell hot train last night the phone could not stop rebooting, sooo im imaginine its possible overheating issue
Hi! It's unlikely, IMHO, since my phone reboots too, but it's of ~room temperature, no signs of overheating. Maybe, it's thermal compound bug/lack, but unlikely.
At 4PDA, I've counted around 10 people having the same reboot issue. I've asked some of them here, but we don't know the reason for sure. 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=904618&view=findpost&p=101416402
So, still guessing. One of them said that After downgrading to android 9.1 and resetting , her phone runs just fine. That trick does not work for me...:mad:
Important note : for the cases I've seen, it has started ~within 2 months (around Sept 2020)

Last edited:

Rebkos

Oct 20, 2009
Prague
Important note : for the cases I've seen, it has started ~within 2 months (around Sept 2020)

I can confirm that. And I think it is quite strange. Could it be something with NPU unit?

BTW, I have early unit. I bought it right when the phone was available. In 5/18.

Last edited:

Anubiz_DK

Apr 27, 2015
It had stoped. and it started again, honestly i have no idea at this point, there is no good reason for all this, im done with this at this point

Rebkos

Oct 20, 2009
Prague
I'm angry. I have sent my phone to RMA, the last day of warranty, 31st May 2020. The USB-C connector wasn't able to transfer data and it couldn't fast charge.

They actually accepted it and changed everything except motherboard. So 3 weeks later in June I got basically new phone back, with new battery, display, back cover... And because I wiped it before sending it to RMA, I did clean install and rightaway also a clean install of Android 10. Everything was working perfectly, battery life was great..

And then the damn reboots started, late September or early October. It pisses me of, since the phone has been recently refurbished in official service centre within the warranty. I was expecting to be able to use it quite comfortably for at least another year since the service. Possible up to 2 years...

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone