Random shutdown in LG G8X

Search This thread

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
@anmolkakkar Thanks for your response.
My Battery saver mode is always turned off and still I face this issue.

Are you facing the same issue now? Or how you got rid of this issue?
your quick response is more valuble for me.

Last edited:

anmolkakkar

Apr 23, 2012
Delhi

I did not face this after I turned off the power saving mode.

It could be due to an app that might be having compatibility issue with the phone. Are you using the Indian version bought in Big Billion Days of Flipkart sale?

Additionally, try rebooting into safe mode to see if the issue still persists.

Reactions: Tortis0

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020

It could be due to an app that might be having compatibility issue with the phone. Are you using the Indian version bought in Big Billion Days of Flipkart sale?

I bought this in big billion day sale.

Nothing works. Will backup and reset

Last edited:

vamsi209

Nov 15, 2010
So if ur phone is having random shutdowns, do one thing, record your phone when its shutting down randomly, take that video to the nearest direct lg service center in ur city, show them this video, and they will replace your mother board with an indian variant, my friend had a similar shutdowns when he was using hotspots(vietnamese variant bought during flipkart sale), took it to service center, he got it replaced with indian motherboard, as of now his fongerprint isnt working, but they told it will be fixed in a while, so for anyone with restart issues get it to service center, and get it replaced

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
So if ur phone is having random shutdowns, do one thing, record your phone when its shutting down randomly, take that video to the nearest direct lg service center in ur city, show them this video, and they will replace your mother board with an indian variant, my friend had a similar shutdowns when he was using hotspots(vietnamese variant bought during flipkart sale), took it to service center, he got it replaced with indian motherboard, as of now his fongerprint isnt working, but they told it will be fixed in a while, so for anyone with restart issues get it to service center, and get it replaced
Thanks.. I have the same issue.
In my case, i cant record them because it happens once in 2 or 3 days. Mostly while hearing audio files...

I will try approaching LG service centre.

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
I uninstalled Pocket casts and Firefox web browser. Now I don't face this issue for past 3 days.
I use Firefox with following addons installed: Privacy badger, ublock origin, dark reader, YouTube high definition and video background play fix.

Posted in Firefox forum and now checking whether which addon makes problem.

Reactions: Viki_1001_

Viki_1001_

Dec 12, 2020
I also have this problem while using Chrome background (after updated in websites not playstore)so I uninstall chrome and updated in playstore now it's fine ,no problem ( when problem occurs check which app in background uninstall it then reinstall from playstore).

Reactions: Tortis0

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
I also have this problem while using Chrome background (after updated in websites not playstore)so I uninstall chrome and updated in playstore now it's fine ,no problem ( when problem occurs check which app in background uninstall it then reinstall from playstore).
The problem was due to my favorite app, pocket casts. It has some compatibility issue while running in background and makes my phone restart.

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
Revoke any accessibility permission you may have given to an app and then check. There seems to be a bug related to it.
yes.... still cant find the culprit. I faced this issue while using podcast content so I uninstalled them. Now phone restarted only once in last 15 days. If i find the exact reason, i will share them

Yourdeath229

Dec 23, 2020
I experience random shutdown in my LG G8X.
my phone shuts down automatically once in every 3 to 5 days regularly and still I cant find the issue.

I could find the similar thread in below reddit post.
G8x shutting off randomly : LGG8X (reddit.com)

is there any way to solve this issue? and how could I get this issue to LG support team?
Hey I purchased g8x for my mom on BBD deal, she later used it in dubai 2 months nothing happened no issues at all, but only when in india it randomly goes off switch off sometimes. Did u find any fix to this issue ? It's got nothing to do with wifi hotspot, I tried resetting the device doesn't help, looks like they sold us international variant which has issue with indian bands, please help me with any solution that worked, going to service center is my last option.Since everything else runs perfectly ,expect for this random switch off without any warning I simply don't want to take it to service center.

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
I found some trial and error method and it gets solved for me. Just try my idea and it will be great if it works.

I really liked the phone. It was all good except this automatic random restart and many techies said it is an App compatibility issue. So I haven't trusted service center in this case.

I tried uninstalling all 3rd party apps and tried installing one after the other in every 2 days.
I use firefox with multiple addons. I'm sure it made problem and I uninstalled Firefox.
I were using a podcast apps like Pocket casts and google podcast and found that playing podcast content made issue and uninstalled them too. Now my phone works fine.

After 2 weeks of usual activity I installed Pocket casts and fortunately I never had this issue.

I haven't received any software update too after my phone purchase. Indian BBD version G8X running Android 10. hope this helps

Reactions: Viki_1001_
Its the issue with Vietnamese unit bought during flipkart BBD Sale..

even i had the same issue: random shutdown every 2 - 3 days , frequent shutdown while using hotspot, and auto turn on while charging the phone when switched off.

Visited the nearest service centre and they have replaced the PCB , Battery and display(the display had a dead pixel , and its got 6 month free replacement, so i asked them to replace that too).

Now i don't face the issue anymore.

So better try to contact the nearest service centre and get it replaced in the warranty period instead of trying the software level fixes :)

Tortis0

Dec 27, 2020
Its the issue with Vietnamese unit bought during flipkart BBD Sale..

even i had the same issue: random shutdown every 2 - 3 days , frequent shutdown while using hotspot, and auto turn on while charging the phone when switched off.

Visited the nearest service centre and they have replaced the PCB , Battery and display(the display had a dead pixel , and its got 6 month free replacement, so i asked them to replace that too).

Now i don't face the issue anymore.

So better try to contact the nearest service centre and get it replaced in the warranty period instead of trying the software level fixes :)
thanks for your reply. till now I didn't face such issue... if I face them, will surely try you suggestion....

Eclol Tahiti

Mar 28, 2021
Hi everybody i solve this problem by installing a third party app that keep an eye on battery all the time, accu battery app. It will check battery in background and no more shut off, one month now. Have a nice life. From Tahiti (next to Bora)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I experience random shutdown in my LG G8X.
    my phone shuts down automatically once in every 3 to 5 days regularly and still I cant find the issue.

I could find the similar thread in below reddit post.
    G8x shutting off randomly : LGG8X (reddit.com)

is there any way to solve this issue? and how could I get this issue to LG support team?
    Is there any chance you are using extended mode under battery settings? I experienced random reboots every now and then when using that mode.

I uninstalled Pocket casts and Firefox web browser. Now I don't face this issue for past 3 days.
    I use Firefox with following addons installed: Privacy badger, ublock origin, dark reader, YouTube high definition and video background play fix.

Posted in Firefox forum and now checking whether which addon makes problem.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone