General [Rant] Bailing on this piece of crap Phone

Search This thread

TPXX

Mar 19, 2008
My phone is useless after the 12.0 update. No cell service, tried several different "solutions" that are floating around. Add to that all the previous issues, like battery issues, throttling the phones performance and this new Color based os, I'm Done. Ordered a new Pixel 6 Pro and traded in the OP9P. Oneplus will never see another penny of my money.

Reactions: khanboy619

sunxutian

Jan 22, 2015
what device you have? EU/AA/IN or crap TMobile? did you see sim card or you see something like SIM not found crap with 2 empty icons.

TPXX

Mar 19, 2008
what device you have? EU/AA/IN or crap TMobile? did you see sim card or you see something like SIM not found crap with 2 empty icons.
I have AA carrier unlocked. Could see SIM but it did nothing. No cell or data connection. I use my phone for work, and this is hurting me today. I have an old pixel 3 at home that I'll use until the new pixel 6 pro shows up.

I have AA carrier unlocked. Could see SIM but it did nothing. No cell or data connection. I use my phone for work, and this is hurting me today. I have an old pixel 3 at home that I'll use until the new pixel 6 pro shows up.
i have a Oneplus 9 pro chinees model, that have an Indian ROM installed in it, when i upgraded form Oxygen OS 11 india version to Oxygen OS 12 india version my network cell is gone and i cant make a call or SMS just i can receive calls and SMS,
what I do first,
1- i install an Oxygen OS 11.2.2.2 europe version by using MSM tools
2- then i update to to Oxygen OS 11.2.10.10 from my phone (setting -> System -> Update).
3- I download Oxygen OS 12 europian version from ( https://www.xda-developers.com/download-oneplus-9-oneplus-9-pro-android-12-oxygenos-12/ ) then i installed it by using local update from my phon.
4- after installation of Oxygen OS 12, i have no problem to this moment, but in my city we haven't 5G to confirme you the working of 5G network

Reactions: Macadamn

TPXX

Mar 19, 2008
i have a Oneplus 9 pro chinees model, that have an Indian ROM installed in it, when i upgraded form Oxygen OS 11 india version to Oxygen OS 12 india version my network cell is gone and i cant make a call or SMS just i can receive calls and SMS,
what I do first,
2- then i update to to Oxygen OS 11.2.10.10 from my phone (setting -> System -> Update).
3- I download Oxygen OS 12 europian version from ( https://www.xda-developers.com/download-oneplus-9-oneplus-9-pro-android-12-oxygenos-12/ ) then i installed it by using local update from my phon.
4- after installation of Oxygen OS 12, i have no problem to this moment, but in my city we haven't 5G to confirme you the working of 5G network
At this point it's not worth my time. Google is buying the OP9P, I get a good discount and a company that does not screw its customers to death. I'm done with oneplus for good.

cowsquad

Aug 31, 2009
Portland, Oregon
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have 7 days left to try this phone on T-mobile. Why is this crap on T-mobile? I noticed battery life isn't that great (Not even using games nor youTube). Sometimes my touchscreen goes unresponsive. Sometimes while using the browser it goes into zoomout while scrolling. 5G Network is quite not there yet. Some apps like Doordash, geico take 40 seconds to load to what I think is server issues. Once on WIFI they load normally.

awsan

Apr 22, 2015
Therapy, it's called venting. You might try it sometime.
I understand but don't post it as a question my dude.
I have 7 days left to try this phone on T-mobile. Why is this crap on T-mobile? I noticed battery life isn't that great (Not even using games nor youTube). Sometimes my touchscreen goes unresponsive. Sometimes while using the browser it goes into zoomout while scrolling. 5G Network is quite not there yet. Some apps like Doordash, geico take 40 seconds to load to what I think is server issues. Once on WIFI they load normally.
That is not regular behavior I would recommend doing a full wipe factory reset with a downloaded rom.

KitsuneFoxy

Dec 14, 2014
Leicester
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire C
I will say that my opinion based on your specific experience, not (mine works just fine) comments. Is that you should replace it since you have your test period still valid. Don't get stuck with a ****ty phone you obviously don't like and choose another..

Certainly do not root it, it is not going yo magically fix issues.

Hope you manage to find a phone you love.

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
My phone is useless after the 12.0 update. No cell service, tried several different "solutions" that are floating around. Add to that all the previous issues, like battery issues, throttling the phones performance and this new Color based os, I'm Done. Ordered a new Pixel 6 Pro and traded in the OP9P. Oneplus will never see another penny of my money.
How did OnePlus customer service respond?

Reactions: galaxys and AndyC76

TPXX

Mar 19, 2008
I understand but don't post it as a question my dude.
I see it is shown as a question, I did not purposely do that, so my bad.,
Had me do hard reboot, check some settings and suggested I double check apn settings. Then said they were looking into it, it being the update causing the problems. Now they have pulled the update, but still no fix.

Reactions: galaxys

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T

Had me do hard reboot, check some settings and suggested I double check apn settings. Then said they were looking into it, it being the update causing the problems. Now they have pulled the update, but still no fix.
Ah, service operators, gotta love 'm! "have you tried turning it off and on again??" 😂
Sounds like (s)he at least tried to help. Pulling the updates is at least admitting to the problem so they are undoubtedly working on it.
tenor.gif
I don't think anyone expected the fusion with ColorOS to go smoothly anyway. Let's face it: there's far more efficient development on communities like this one than in these billion dollar companies. There's just too much politics and whatnot involved. That's why I can't stress the importance of open source enough. If it's any consolation to anyone: a factory reset does seem to help (a little?). I know that shouldn't be a requirement but doing so on every major OS upgrade is generally a good idea. Besides, OP has done worse in the past and they've been here before just one version ago (and the one before that, IIRC) 😁

Please try to keep it constructive, everyone. We understand your pain, more than anyone.

awsan

Apr 22, 2015

No worries my dude, Sorry for being aggressive it just was a bad week in general and the update didnt help.

Good luck with what ever choice you go with.

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018

It's a hit or miss, really. If you don't like OnePlus, that's fine, but do realize you might experience another problem with another phone.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At this point it's not worth my time. Google is buying the OP9P, I get a good discount and a company that does not screw its customers to death. I'm done with oneplus for good.
    If its not worth your time then please dont waste others time trying to help you fix your phone.
    Then why did you post here in the first place if it's not worth your time 😒
    what I do first,