RapidRead is a forum reading application similar to tapatalk.
The aim of this application is to offer you a fast, easy and economic way of accessing your favourite forums, without the need of a web browser or extra costs on your data plan.
Where can i use RapidRead?
RapidRead is for Windows Mobile 6.5.x and below. I haven't been able to test this on different resolutions or devices, but it should work everywhere.
- More than 6000 downloads just on XDA-Developers (Updated 7/3/2012)
- RapidRead appears on XDA news (Click here to see)
- RapidRead joins XDA Marketplace
- RapidRead appears on Freewarepocketpc.net (Click here to see)
Click Here For YouTube Video Demonstration
Version is 0.7.5 beta
- Beta period extends to 1/9/2011
- You are able to access phpBB forums now (i hope)
- There is a new option in the settings, where you can set RapidRead not to check for new pms when you login to a forum.
This will save you loading speed and data transfer
Version is 0.7.4 beta
- You can now login and post again
- Favorites doesn't duplicate themselves anymore
- Beta period extends to 1/6/2011
oh i forgot to mention that i am using SenseSDK 1.5 now. Maybe this works for some of you. (Let me know)
Version is 0.7.3 beta
- Fixed Multi level subforums
- Fixed Some QVGA Icons
- Fixed Message box height. It is now dynamical so it should work great on all screens.
- Renew structures option added (This option cleans your forums saved structure, and forces RapidRead to re-download the structure) I suggest that you do that after you install 0.7.3
- New About option
- I removed the BeginUpdate - EndUpdate, so there is a chance that you have LESS OutOfMemory errors. (Again not my fault, and yes Omnia has a thing with it)
- Scrolling is smooth again (for those who were using the 0.7.2.5 Unofficial version)
- When you login, it shows your username now, instead of "TeDeV"
- You can reply more than once to posts now (soz for that)
- Beta-Test period extended to 1/4/2011
- Option to not load avatar pictures in posts. Maybe this will stop (in a small scale) the OutOfMemory errors to some people. (Use the Options menu at the start)
Notes: Sorry i didn't have time to fix the problem with the non guest forums. I will try to have it on 0.7.4
Version is 0.7.2 beta
- Ability to post messages.
- Ability to send pms and read them of course
- I have finally fixed the crash problem, when you add a new forum
- You can now fill in username / password when you add a new forum
- You can delete forums from your list
- You will get a pop up notification, when you receive a new pm.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE NOTES SECTION AT THE END OF THE POST
Version is 0.7.1 beta
- Ability to add a thread to a favorite list for each forum. Now guests can have favorites to watch out
- I fixed the post's time. Now they are correctly displayed.
- Double-click or right-click on a post and you will get the Pics and Links option. Now you are able to view pictures inside a post, in the most economical and fast way.
There are more things coming soon. By the way, i don't know how QVGA or WQVGA devices will work with this last version. Please keep me informed. Thanks
Version is 0.7 beta
- Back button works everywhere now
- Error 501 finally fixed. It should work to everyone now
- Ability to add your own forums (they must have tapatalk plugin)
- Ability to move to bottom or top inside a topic using menu.
- You can now see post number under poster's name
- If the poster is online you will see his name with orange color.
- Uses less memory.
- You can now install RapidRead on your storage card
I consider this release to be a major update, since i re-wrote everything from the start (i spent a lot of hours doing it). don't forget that this is still a beta version, which means that some things might not work correctly.
Version is 0.5.5 beta
- Ability to browse between thread pages in xda-developers
- Small corrections in the code
- Now posts appear correctly in xda-developers when there are quotes (quotes appear in --)
- Back button, so that you can move back in categories
- Thread pages have thread's name now.
- Initial Beta Release
Things need to fix
- I need someone to create me a nice looking icon for RapidRead.
- ebo for his Sense SDK 1.39
- joe_coolish for his help.
This release is free, but if you want to buy me a beer for the hours i spent and the hours i am going to spend feel free to press the button below and support me
RapidRead hasn't got to its last version yet. And the development hasn't stopped. It just needs some support, as my time is really limited with real work.
- Tell me what you think
- Let friends know about RapidRead