Oct 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Razer Phone 2
Introducing… RaptorSense7

from the...

XugVoHOftbZUDUjL63j7XiZFqYwiwNLuBY1rfzHV1r8=w473-h75-no

Code:
*** Disclaimer

Thanks to all the beta testers who reported the bugs and provided logcats so i can fix them.

Always do a backup, if your alarm fails to go off, or phone doesn't ring or you throw it and break something I am not responsible. Its build off of stock so nothing should go wrong but if it does I will be here to answer any questions. :)

Introduction
Quote:
LarryBoyG proudly presents his RaptorRom Series.

phG0991427475398.png

Installation instructions
Quote:
Instructions:
1. Always make a backup
2. Wipe Dalvik, system and data
3. Install Zip
4. Wait for system to boot, be patient.

Theme Instructions:
Some of the Apps were based on Android 5.0
One of the Apps was the HomePersonalize.apk
To use themes you must
1. Long Press homescreen
2. Select Themes
3. This will take you the wallpaper section of themes
4 to download and apply a whole theme you need to select one of the options from the drop down menu
5. When you find a wallpaper you like, don't download it. scroll all the way down to the bottom and find the asscotiated theme and icon set. download and select apply.

Changelog
Quote:
Code:
Current Changelog 3-27-2015
Update Most Apps to Sense 7

3-23-2015:
Deodexed and Entire Rom for Future Theming.
Zipaligned for better memory management.
Updated Stock Themes.
Integrated all updates into Rom
Rom is based off of 4.4.4 M8 Stable
Added Apps from M8:
Notes
Task Manager
Car Mode
Stocks
Tasks
FM Radio
Added Live Weather Animation
Stock International Icons in Status Bar
FIXED G#&^@&MN PLAY STORE!

2-20-2015
Changelog:
De-Sprinted, Removed Spark UI
De-Bloated, Rom is below 620mb!
Added Quicksettings in pulldown
Fixed boot animations
Works on all Sprint MNVO’s
Added: pattyboi’s Awesome Kernel
Added Leaked M9 wallpaper

Downloads
Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eZWhO0DB6QdlN2elRjODc5Qjg/view?usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
RaptorRom v2, ROM for the HTC Desire 510

Contributors
LarryBoyG, jdmedeiros, Pattyboi
Source Code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eZWhO0DB6QdlN2elRjODc5Qjg/view?usp=sharing

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 3.19

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2015-03-23

Created 2015-02-20
Last Updated 2015-07-31

Last edited:

mallamike

Feb 20, 2015
So far so good. Starting with a wiped phone started me out with about 3.6gb / 4gb internal storage which compared to the HTC rom is a pleasent surprise. Im on VM and all is well so far. data,voice, ect ect. not sure what else needs to be tested exactly but if i see something i will let you know.

mallamike

Feb 20, 2015
I posted too soon. Cannot connect to my Moto 360. I cannot recreate the error that popped up but it was something like HTC service cannot ect something something. i wish i could have gotten a screencap of it. Still though lots of space. Snappy and I really like the included launchers. Must wait though until it supports my watch though. Thanks for the hard work man.

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
So far so good. Starting with a wiped phone started me out with about 3.6gb / 4gb internal storage which compared to the HTC rom is a pleasent surprise. Im on VM and all is well so far. data,voice, ect ect. not sure what else needs to be tested exactly but if i see something i will let you know.

Does this mean you had 3.6 gb available after installing? If not, how much space on internal storage do you have?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA

It does. Flashed it myself and was sorta depressed to have 0.90gb available. Once I restored my data backup from my own modded stock rom, then proceeded to uninstall all the HTC crap still left in this Rom (a little irritating) I had LITERALLY no more space than on my own revised Rom. Seems the cap on how much space you can have on stock is just a little over 1gb if you don't install anything else. Bummer...
I also don't understand the quick settings bar if we already have a menu with the same functions in the notification bar?
Regardless I see no reason to switch back to my System backup if there's nothing to be gained or lost so I'll stick with it for now

Last edited:

LarryBoyG

Oct 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Razer Phone 2
It does. Flashed it myself and was sorta depressed to have 0.90gb available. Once I restored my data backup from my own modded stock rom, then proceeded to uninstall all the HTC crap still left in this Rom (a little irritating) I had LITERALLY no more space than on my own revised Rom. Seems the cap on how much space you can have on stock is just a little over 1gb if you don't install anything else. Bummer...
I also don't understand the quick settings bar if we already have a menu with the same functions in the notification bar?
Regardless I see no reason to switch back to my System backup if there's nothing to be gained or lost so I'll stick with it for now

I put the quick settings in because I took out a few widgets that did the same thing, to save space. I wanted to keep as close to stock experience as I possibly can. I also did a lot of back end editing. Removing a lot of redundancies that HTC left in. XML code that spent a lot of time going through. I hope that it feels more snappier.

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
I put the quick settings in because I took out a few widgets that did the same thing, to save space. I wanted to keep as close to stock experience as I possibly can. I also did a lot of back end editing. Removing a lot of redundancies that HTC left in. XML code that spent a lot of time going through. I hope that it feels more snappier.
I removed every widget you left in as I don't use them, though I'm sure others may be. If you don't mind me asking, where did you remove the excess "back-end" stuff? It might seem snappier, I haven't had a chance to try it out too much. I'm a super-gamer and I'll be trying out some of my more intense stuff that usually holds up pretty well with some minor performance stutters. I noticed you added pattyboi's kernel which I was initially suspecting as the cause of the issues I was having performance-wise (not happy with the idle GPU freq) but I'll leave it as is and try to report what I can. I'm a power user/proficient tester, so I should be able to notice the SUPER little things that don't mean much to others. I'll check in later

THESuperUser

Nov 28, 2014
Alternate Link

Is there an alternate download link for this Rom? I'm eager to try it out as I flashed CM11 and was highly disappointed with the camera and sd card issues. The link provided only pulls up my archive viewer and won't actually download the .zip file. I'm an avid tester, and keep several backups ready, in case I mess up. I would love to help with development as much as possible. Currently running the PattyBoi kernel over stock Rom. Overall quick response, but still no true customization options, even with root. I'd to change my boot animation as well as a few other things. S-Off for this device would be huge as well.

MeTaL.SnAkE

Apr 22, 2014
Is it possible to install this rom on a Sprint Pre-paid version, And if i will, Will it unlock the phone to other sim cards?

mallamike

Feb 20, 2015

Ill tell you that i actually got it much lower by booting into recovery and wiping the folders that didnt pertain to the OS. ultimately i ended up with 2.97gb/4gb. its really important that you stop it from automatically updating all your apps. and only update the ones you use. for example i think google play books is almost 20 megs... as soon as i get home from work ill get my phone out and do it again and see exactly what i did.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing… RaptorSense7

from the...

XugVoHOftbZUDUjL63j7XiZFqYwiwNLuBY1rfzHV1r8=w473-h75-no

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

Thanks to all the beta testers who reported the bugs and provided logcats so i can fix them.

Always do a backup, if your alarm fails to go off, or phone doesn't ring or you throw it and break something I am not responsible. Its build off of stock so nothing should go wrong but if it does I will be here to answer any questions. :)

Introduction
    Quote:
    LarryBoyG proudly presents his RaptorRom Series.

phG0991427475398.png

Installation instructions
    Quote:
    Instructions:
    1. Always make a backup
    2. Wipe Dalvik, system and data
    3. Install Zip
    4. Wait for system to boot, be patient.

Theme Instructions:
    Some of the Apps were based on Android 5.0
    One of the Apps was the HomePersonalize.apk
    To use themes you must
    1. Long Press homescreen
    2. Select Themes
    3. This will take you the wallpaper section of themes
    4 to download and apply a whole theme you need to select one of the options from the drop down menu
    5. When you find a wallpaper you like, don't download it. scroll all the way down to the bottom and find the asscotiated theme and icon set. download and select apply.

Changelog
    Quote:
    Code:
    Current Changelog 3-27-2015
    Update Most Apps to Sense 7

3-23-2015:
    Deodexed and Entire Rom for Future Theming.
    Zipaligned for better memory management.
    Updated Stock Themes.
    Integrated all updates into Rom
    Rom is based off of 4.4.4 M8 Stable
    Added Apps from M8:
    Notes
    Task Manager
    Car Mode
    Stocks
    Tasks
    FM Radio
    Added Live Weather Animation
    Stock International Icons in Status Bar
    FIXED G#&^@&MN PLAY STORE!

2-20-2015
    Changelog:
    De-Sprinted, Removed Spark UI
    De-Bloated, Rom is below 620mb!
    Added Quicksettings in pulldown
    Fixed boot animations
    Works on all Sprint MNVO’s
    Added: pattyboi’s Awesome Kernel
    Added Leaked M9 wallpaper

Downloads
    Quote:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eZWhO0DB6QdlN2elRjODc5Qjg/view?usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
    RaptorRom v2, ROM for the HTC Desire 510

Contributors
    LarryBoyG, jdmedeiros, Pattyboi
    Source Code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eZWhO0DB6QdlN2elRjODc5Qjg/view?usp=sharing

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 3.19

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-23

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2015-07-31
    Soon. Like in the next 24-48 hours.
    any news on updating the rom? if not, then what should I do as an alternative in the meantime about the play store and gapps? I mean do you think I should find a different rom for now?

Please sir, I am very busy. If you want to try something else go ahead. I am working on this ROM as well as my other. I am also a family oriented person so my time is very limited on these things. An update is coming tho. With a fix.
    Also our devices have s-off now ;)
    To get Wifi tethering to work you need to
    Install Script Manager – SManager app from the Play Store.
    Open the app and grant it root access when prompted.
    Now, navigate to /system/etc/init.d and tap “tether” script.
    Click on SU and Boot (Android skull and gear icons, respectively), then click on Run and Save options.
    The issue should be fixed now. Enjoy!

Also Instructions are posted in the Post #1. :)