Question Raw official firmware for ROG Phone 6/6 Pro

Search This thread

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018
Success is disgusted by some people, and will not share any files for free in the future.

Do not use EDL firmware found online, because it has not been modified, 100% of fingerprints and IMEI will be lost after use.

You need to modify the firmware before you can flash it, you can contact me.

Not free, please don't bother me if you want free.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdennour.tlb

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
ROG Phone 6/6Pro has been released for a while, I haven't found the raw.zip firmware for this phone, if anyone has the firmware for this phone, please upload it, thank you!

I will update the CN to WW method as soon as possible, the EDL firmware needs the ENG firmware before I can make it, and I will continue to wait.

Welcome to the waiting list :D no raw files are out for this device yet.

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
ROG Phone 6/6Pro has been released for a while, I haven't found the raw.zip firmware for this phone, if anyone has the firmware for this phone, please upload it, thank you!

I will update the CN to WW method as soon as possible, the EDL firmware needs the ENG firmware before I can make it, and I will continue to wait.

22.07.26 I have found the firmware and am uploading to cloud disk.Including the raw firmware of CN and WW, and the EDL firmware, I also found it. Because I bought it with money, I will release the CN and WW firmware for free.

The EDL firmware will not be released for the time being. If it is helpful to you, please donate to me via paypal, thank you.

Any idea when you would be able to share? keen to test them out with my CN rog 6 :)

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Mod Edit: Quoted Post Removed

Legend, thanks for sharing, but having trouble signing up to the website. Not receiving the verification email. Are you signed up?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroPlus

are you able to share the file? i can pay you via paypal if you want.
I could download it and here it is.
I had to pay $10 for that...

Last edited:

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
@Andrologic and @AndroPlus - Just a quick question, So i have successfully flashed the WW rom on CN device.

My understanding is that I need to change the fingerprint from CN to WW as well to be able to get OTA updates, is that correct?

@AndroPlus Donating to your Paypal my friend, thank you.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Nexus 6P
Huawei Mate 20 X
@Andrologic and @AndroPlus - Just a quick question, So i have successfully flashed the WW rom on CN device.

My understanding is that I need to change the fingerprint from CN to WW as well to be able to get OTA updates, is that correct?

Yes but I don't think a bootloader unlocked device will receive OTA updates.

To me, not receiving OTA updates is no issue at all. Updating the ROG phones is as easy is dropping the firmware on the root of your SD card and restart the device - there is a process that picks it up and flashes it automatically. No RAW files needed for that. Later when TWRP becomes available for ROG 6, it can be flashed directly from there too. In fact I prefr updating that way over OTA. Also, if you don't use OTA, you can disable the background FOTA process and save a tiny bit of CPU and battery for prformance optimization.

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland

To me, not receiving OTA updates is no issue at all. Updating the ROG phones is as easy is dropping the firmware on the root of your SD card and restart the device - there is a process that picks it up and flashes it automatically. No RAW files needed for that. Later when TWRP becomes available for ROG 6, it can be flashed directly from there too. In fact I prefr updating that way over OTA. Also, if you don't use OTA, you can disable the background FOTA process and save a tiny bit of CPU and battery for prformance optimization.
Thanks, Yup i am aware of that and thats how i updated the device with the last update. Howerver receiving OTAs is just easier and more user friendly :)

I have relocked the bootloader, but i didnt change the fingerprint. I think i need to unlock again and change the bloody fingerprint then :(

Is not receiving OTAs the only downside to having a CN fingerprint on WW Rom?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Thanks, Yup i am aware of that and thats how i updated the device with the last update. Howerver receiving OTAs is just easier and more user friendly :)

I have relocked the bootloader, but i didnt change the fingerprint. I think i need to unlock again and change the bloody fingerprint then :(

You will not receive OTA updates once you've unlocked the bootloader. ASUS blacklists the device as soon as the device is initially unlocked, so even if you were to relock the bootloader, the device will never receive an OTA again. Thus, there has never been any way for a converted device to receive an OTA. The only update methods available are manual.

BaronBeef

Jul 27, 2022
Sorry Abit of a noob question. I too recently got a ROG Phone 6 running CN rom. I want to change it to WW rom so I can use Google and all that. Is there a guide I can follow with the ROM?

hflee

Jul 27, 2022

22.07.26 I have found the firmware and am uploading to cloud disk.Including the raw firmware of CN and WW, and the EDL firmware, I also found it. Because I bought it with money, I will release the CN and WW firmware for free.

The EDL firmware will not be released for the time being. If it is helpful to you, please donate to me via paypal, thank you.
how can i get the edl firmware to save my rog6. because my phone was into 9008 already....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. No
    2. No
    1.) does flashing this will unlock bootloader?
    2.) after flash, can this received OTA update and install successfully?
    are you able to share the file? i can pay you via paypal if you want.
    I could download it and here it is.
    I had to pay $10 for that...

You will not receive OTA updates once you've unlocked the bootloader. ASUS blacklists the device as soon as the device is initially unlocked, so even if you were to relock the bootloader, the device will never receive an OTA again. Thus, there has never been any way for a converted device to receive an OTA. The only update methods available are manual.
    Success is disgusted by some people, and will not share any files for free in the future.

Do not use EDL firmware found online, because it has not been modified, 100% of fingerprints and IMEI will be lost after use.

You need to modify the firmware before you can flash it, you can contact me.

Not free, please don't bother me if you want free.
    1. No
    2. No
    1.) does flashing this will unlock bootloader?
    2.) after flash, can this received OTA update and install successfully?