Razer Phone 2 with THX branding? Update!

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
Hey y'all,

Has anybody ever seen a Razer Phone 2 with THX Logo on the back of the phone? Just curious.

UPDATE!!!
This is definitely different because the bootloader is unlocked but it still has the DRMs intact. To get to the recovery/fastboot info it has a different hard key combo. Upon boot it shows a serial list and unlocked bootloader. It's dual SIM and has more internal storage. It has a different device name too Cheryl2/Bolt. It also has code Aurora apps for testing installed as default.

If it's possible to extract the DRMs from this device to use on Razer Phone 2s with unlocked bootloader's I'm all ears and will try to do it for y'all.
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
Super curious here, guys! What's the deal with this version of the phone? Early test model or something? The suspense is killin' me...
What I'm curious about is why the build of the device is in June of this year, that it has 512 GB internal storage, dual SIM, and widevine L1 with bootloader unlocked. That's crazy. I would like to extract the DRM partition but don't know what partition it is under. We could all have unlocked bootloader's with widevine L1.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
What I'm curious about is why the build of the device is in June of this year, that it has 512 GB internal storage, dual SIM, and widevine L1 with bootloader unlocked. That's crazy. I would like to extract the DRM partition but don't know what partition it is under. We could all have unlocked bootloader's with widevine L1.

That’s insane man. I would loved to have lucked up with that model. Does it seem to have all of the appropriate bands that the global version has?

I hope it is possible to share that partition though. That would be amazing. Has anyone stated that it is actually a possibility?

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
That’s insane man. I would loved to have lucked up with that model. Does it seem to have all of the appropriate bands that the global version has?

I hope it is possible to share that partition though. That would be amazing. Has anyone stated that it is actually a possibility?
It has the same bands as global and yes it's possible to get the partition as it has been done for other phones with DRM keys. I would just need help.

Reactions: jal3223

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
It has the same bands as global and yes it's possible to get the partition as it has been done for other phones with DRM keys. I would just need help.

Awesome, Maybe someone will help you. I’m not ver knowledgeable about that sort of thing, but I know a few people who are. Has anyone reached out to you yet?

It seems that the widevine partition is located in the vendor partition. I know the vendors are easily flashed on Pixel devices, so maybe that would be plausible. I hope it is able to be done.

Last edited:

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
Awesome, Maybe someone will help you. I’m not ver knowledgeable about that sort of thing, but I know a few people who are. Has anyone reached out to you yet?

It seems that the widevine partition is located in the vendor partition. I know the vendors are easily flashed on Pixel devices, so maybe that would be plausible. I hope it is able to be done.
Yeah no one has reached out to me. This is a big opportunity. I just need to know the partition and what to do to extract it.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Yeah no one has reached out to me. This is a big opportunity. I just need to know the partition and what to do to extract it.

I’ve got someone that is going to look into it when they get off of work. He is very good. He created TWRP on a device for us that wasn’t supported a while back. I’ll let you know if he needs to reach out to you.