• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Razer phone 2

Search This thread

Covlinuxguy

Feb 11, 2017
I'm opening up this thread to gauge peoples opinions of whether they will be upgrading to the next iteration of our favourite mobile device. IMHO it looks good, with the addition of IP67 and wireless charging, along with the wonderful addition of the chroma lighting of the logo. Let's hope it lives up to it's predecessors high build quality. Put your thoughts down, let's discuss:)

Xyphoid

Feb 7, 2008
If someone wants to buy my Razer phone for €700, I would buy the Razer Phone 2... But for now I'm still happy with this one.
Not missing the headphone jack. Bluetooth headset works great.
Not missing ip67. I never use my phone in the rain or in the shower.
Not missing brighter screen. Only use it outside sometimes (then I'm missing a brighter screen, but I can live with that).
Not missing the rgb logo. I'm using a case.
I might change if the Razer Phone 4 comes along...

Reactions: Covlinuxguy

woundman

Feb 11, 2016
I'll be upgrading if:

- Verizion is compatible
- The camera quality is improved
- The speakers are more durable; mine became distorted a couple months ago, pretty sure they are blown.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Razer phone 2 improved on all of those things. Verizon compatible, improved cameras, 50% higher brightness. Even has band 71 for T-Mobile. The speakers are water and dust resistant now (IP67). I wouldn't be surprised if you had a bunch of dust in your speakers. Happens all the time to my phones. I have to take 99% isopropyl alcohol and vacuum out the speakers. After that, my speakers work great. I work in a dusty environment and I know exactly what you're talking about.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I hope the vibration motor is better this time around and the bluetooth software has improved. These two things made me sell my razer. I would not connect in my car when every other phone has had no issues.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I forget who I watched on YouTube, but they said the vibration motor is greatly improved. Bluetooth is probably fixed too, because it's using the snapdragon 845.

FireGuy0723

Jan 17, 2015
New Hampshire
Razer phone 2 improved on all of those things. Verizon compatible, improved cameras, 50% higher brightness. Even has band 71 for T-Mobile. The speakers are water and dust resistant now (IP67). I wouldn't be surprised if you had a bunch of dust in your speakers. Happens all the time to my phones. I have to take 99% isopropyl alcohol and vacuum out the speakers. After that, my speakers work great. I work in a dusty environment and I know exactly what you're talking about.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I forget who I watched on YouTube, but they said the vibration motor is greatly improved. Bluetooth is probably fixed too, because it's using the snapdragon 845.
True, that is what is so far just stated by Razer and s couple of YouTubers, as far as the camera, speakers and screen goes.

We really won't be able to really know how much of an improvement the new phone is until we start getting some actual hands on reviews once the new phone ships out.

I've only seen a couple reviews, even though they where hands on, didn't see any camera samples or anything.

Verizion capability will really sell me on this phone. I had to switch to AT-T and the coverage in my town is horrible. I use straight talk so I don't have wifi calling either.

I almost sold my phone and went back to my old Droid Turbo 2, but honestly after using this 120hz screen, it's physically painful to look at a 60hz screen now!

Not even the $1200 iPhones have a screen this great!

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

RUNNERX

Feb 1, 2009
New Orleans
NO WAY!!
I have lost faith in razer as they are responsible for breaking bluetooth and not fixing it. It could have been a great device if they had given it the support it deserved instead of dropping it and moving on to the 2. Switched to the oneplus 6, just wish it had front firing speakers.

foamerman

Sep 1, 2010
B-town
I have been looking at this phone too I like the design of it. I had a razer phone way back when. I have a bootloader unlocked rooted LG v30 US998 now. I know this is the wrong place to say this but lets hope we get some dev to work on unlocking the bootloader and root so we can have some good roms. :eek:

EchoM3TH

Oct 13, 2011
Harlem

Well they swapped out the old SIM for new SIM. When they put the new Sim in the phone I was not able to make any phone calls or send out any Text due to it having to wait to register on the network so they put in the old SIM and I still was not able to send text but I was able to receive phone calls and make calls. When I got home I got in contact with razor and they were no help. Upon doing some research online through Twitter I found this post.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Razer/status/1054749294509649922

garrettino

Oct 24, 2018
I found a Verizon fix on reddit. Just call, ask for Tier 2 support, say you want a CDMA-less profile. Give them your IMEI, ICCID for sim, and your number. Worked for me.

ctakah27

Oct 20, 2010
NYC
As far as the camera goes, there threads on here about it - it blows, but there's a gcam port already, and it's 'day and night', makes it totally usable. Not gonna be like pixels, but not a dealbreaker either

charlie.s

Feb 15, 2005
I just received my Razer Phone 2 and am enjoying it, but I can find no documentation whatsoever. Does anyone have a link to a manual? Still no firmware files either.

I am trying to use Chroma to show Outlook notifications, but there is so little information available, I am having problems. Any ideas?

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
I just received my Razer Phone 2 and am enjoying it, but I can find no documentation whatsoever. Does anyone have a link to a manual? Still no firmware files either.

I am trying to use Chroma to show Outlook notifications, but there is so little information available, I am having problems. Any ideas?
Press the "Arrows" button on the corner of the logo box in the Chroma app. An option will appear to show notifications on the logo. There's no customisation it just picks the colour from the app icon and blinks. You need at least the lowest light setting to be on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my phone in the mail today. Only probably that I have had so far is that I can't receive texts. I can send texts on WiFi and off but can't receive. Will update tomorrow when I get back from Verizon.
    I have been looking at this phone too I like the design of it. I had a razer phone way back when. I have a bootloader unlocked rooted LG v30 US998 now. I know this is the wrong place to say this but lets hope we get some dev to work on unlocking the bootloader and root so we can have some good roms. :eek:
    NO WAY!!
    I have lost faith in razer as they are responsible for breaking bluetooth and not fixing it. It could have been a great device if they had given it the support it deserved instead of dropping it and moving on to the 2. Switched to the oneplus 6, just wish it had front firing speakers.
    If someone wants to buy my Razer phone for €700, I would buy the Razer Phone 2... But for now I'm still happy with this one.
    Not missing the headphone jack. Bluetooth headset works great.
    Not missing ip67. I never use my phone in the rain or in the shower.
    Not missing brighter screen. Only use it outside sometimes (then I'm missing a brighter screen, but I can live with that).
    Not missing the rgb logo. I'm using a case.
    I might change if the Razer Phone 4 comes along...
    Press the "Arrows" button on the corner of the logo box in the Chroma app. An option will appear to show notifications on the logo. There's no customisation it just picks the colour from the app icon and blinks. You need at least the lowest light setting to be on.

Thank you so much -- that worked! I cannot imagine how you found it. The doc is sparse to say the least.