[Razr][Jb][OTA]New China Retail OTA Jelly Bean .zip 672.384.801

Search This thread

tien8tien

Aug 21, 2007
Guys, Im new to razr and I ve done some reading things. I really like to try this update. My razr runs android 4.0.4 673.94.328.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03.
If I want to update with this china retail, this what I have to do:
1. Flash china retail fasboot as mention in the op post
2. Root the device
3. Backup cid and erase cid (can I use this method: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2078021
4. Go to recovery (bmm)
5. Install zip downloaded from link in op post
6. Done....
Anything I missed? Please guide me and thanks for the great upload man....

Sent from my razr.....

Hi there,
This is another alternative to getting China Retail JB. I was on Asia Retail 4.0.4 until two days ago, then followed the following thread to flash in the China Retail JB fastboot:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2135350

Good Luck and thanks to all the forumers who made this possible. :good::good::good::good:

Reactions: demonshouter

jacobs7th

May 2, 2012
São Paulo
This ROM is fantastic for me, everything works like a charm. The only issue I'm heaving is related to contacts. I'm using english (en-US) locale but I live in Brazil. When I receive a call or a SMS from a contact, my phone doesn't recognize it.

Maybe this issue is related to US locale. The number format is defferent from Brazil. Do you guys know a way to fix it?

Vatazhka

Jul 13, 2010
This is something which bothers me as well. It seems that the telephony framework is heavily modified to enable roaming in China using Call Assist function.

My home network (Play) returns Caller ID with international prefix and the framework correctly picks it up and matches with the prefixed numbers in contacts database. However, when I'm roaming in Orange and Plus, who return Caller ID without the international prefix, the numbers can't be matched to the prefixed numbers in contacts database, unlike in EU and US firmwares. In case of SMS, all these networks put prefixed numbers in the address fields and I haven't had any issues.

The funny thing is that in call history screen both prefixed and not prefixed numbers are correctly matched to contact database, it's only the dialer and the call screen which display the odd behavior.

Last edited:

theZest

Oct 27, 2010
Vladivostok
This is something which bothers me as well. It seems that the telephony framework is heavily modified to enable roaming in China using Call Assist function.

My home network (Play) returns Caller ID with international prefix and the framework correctly picks it up and matches with the prefixed numbers in contacts database. However, when I'm roaming in Orange and Plus, who return Caller ID without the international prefix, the numbers can't be matched to the prefixed numbers in contacts database, unlike in EU and US firmwares. In case of SMS, all these networks put prefixed numbers in the address fields and I haven't had any issues.

The funny thing is that in call history screen both prefixed and not prefixed numbers are correctly matched to contact database, it's only the dialer and the call screen which display the odd behavior.

That's why I'm using exDialer. It has much more pleasant interface btw.

I tried the More Locale from play store but without sucess...

Well, it can change the locale of your device but it won't translate every single app. One has to replace framework and system apps with translated ones.

Vatazhka

Jul 13, 2010
exDialer didn't work for me, the issue also shows up in the call screen, which is particularly annoying.

samthehell

Mar 20, 2012
Hey Guys,

I just found this!!
First, this is not my work but, it does mentions WHIRLEYES ...
Anyway, whoever made this ... I am so so grateful to them/him.
This is super amazing...

Root for ChinaRetail OTA ... :)
It says something like ... CDT root ...

After being stuck without root for days ... finally my device is free!! ...

here's the download ...

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=402621&uk=4113185984

the device goes into the BPtools mode once ... and for sometime your screen might stay blank ... don't get scared ... let it do the work ...
in the end ... the device will run using BMM ... super awesome!! :)

Cheers to whoever made this ... 1000 times!!

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=402621&uk=4113185984

Reactions: leisures

djasis

Oct 6, 2008
Excuse me, could anyone share China kernel after applying this ota update. Only patch to kernel is included in ota zip. Make backup with bmm 0.34 and share it please.

Sent from my MOTOROLA RAZR using xda premium

oguzpasa

Feb 27, 2013
there is a new version of this rom(672.300.404) and kernel date is 19 april. i rly like china jb.it has good battery life, performance. can some1 make a custom rom based on china jb?

tair6801

Oct 28, 2007
Uralsk
Hi! Sorry in advance, but i am a noob and quite lost....I have stock EMEA jb on x910 retail british? Can i flash chinese jb with this ota? Thanks!

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

heblu

Mar 17, 2011
Bucharest
Hi! Sorry in advance, but i am a noob and quite lost....I have stock EMEA jb on x910 retail british? Can i flash chinese jb with this ota? Thanks!

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

If you already updated to JB, no you cannot flash china JB
you can only flash EU JB based roms or kexec (all of them, but must be gsm - umts spyder)

Ramdanih

Jun 16, 2010
Depok
I installing 672.300.404.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN Android 4.1.2 >> root >> and using BMM

And yes, I have format my CID. but BMM can't bypass CID error. and still must booting with BP Tools..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    idk actually the leak whas already snappie ...will c over time im just interested on kernel ,system and radio.....i can say only in time (i just started to deodex ,i will play with it later).
    Doing a nandroid and Kernel backup so u can all try.

Nandroid with su on bin and no gapps(u just need to install supersu)

Kernel boot_3.0.8-gfe5f639
    Deodexer
    apply over the ota on custom recovery
    http://www.multiupload.nl/7B9ML75A9B

This OTA based on Blur_Version.67.213.6.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN

You need a clean 67.213.6.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN to flash it through Recovery

CAUTION :

CDT VERSION MAY GO UP TO 5 OR 6 , BACKUP ROOT BEFORE FLASHING IT !
    I think i will do it......i have nothing to lose since i allways use china roms (i wont Care to stay on this one).

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2
    I got this notification today....what does it say?
    enataba8.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

There will have a 4.1.2 upgrade package in next three days.
    If your firmware is not 67.213.6.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN,please upgrade to this version first and you will receive the update.

When the office 4.1.2 upgrade release,we will inform you again.

Sorry for my bad English.:eek: