Razr M can use 64GB MicroSDXC card

Search This thread

doctork21

Oct 14, 2012
I purchased a SanDisk 64GB MicroSDXC memory card on Amazon.com, formatted directly on my Razr M, and it works perfectly!!! Now my Razr M has more total memory than my friend's I-phone 5 which he spent $400 for (64GB model). Plus when a larger GB microSD card is available, I can format it and expand my memory even more!!

mk1151

Apr 19, 2011
New York Area
This is correct - I posted the same in the Moto forums a few weeks ago, but apparently the RAZR M cannot utilize a higher than Class 6 card for the addition R/W speeds. I got a Class 10 but just letting people know it isn't necessary.

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
Literally ordered that exact one off Amazon right when I read this post lol thank you!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
I purchased a SanDisk 64GB MicroSDXC memory card on Amazon.com, formatted directly on my Razr M, and it works perfectly!!! Now my Razr M has more total memory than my friend's I-phone 5 which he spent $400 for (64GB model). Plus when a larger GB microSD card is available, I can format it and expand my memory even more!!

I love it when an iPhone user tries to explain why it's a bad thing to have sd card support. They usually end up stumbling all over their own words and thoughts, never really coming to a coherent or reasonable explanation.

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007

But he also has a MUCH nicer screen and MUCH better camera. /shrug

Reactions: imran03457435125

t38rvm

Dec 26, 2012
No success so far with 64GB card

I tried this with my Verizon Razr M, Android version 4.1.1. After I install the card, the Mount SD Card command is available, but after I choose it, I get a message that says Blank SD Card and the Unmount and Erase (Format) commands aren't available. I've tried with two phones and two cards, which makes it less likely that the results are due to a defective card.

Have the people who have succeeded had phones that were unlocked or rooted or are there some other steps needed to make the 64 gb MicroSDXC work? I've read suggestions to reformat the card from a PC to FAT, but others that say the card should only be formatted using the phone. Thanks.

t38rvm

Dec 26, 2012
Problem solved

I tried this with my Verizon Razr M, Android version 4.1.1. After I install the card, the Mount SD Card command is available, but after I choose it, I get a message that says Blank SD Card and the Unmount and Erase (Format) commands aren't available. I've tried with two phones and two cards, which makes it less likely that the results are due to a defective card.

Have the people who have succeeded had phones that were unlocked or rooted or are there some other steps needed to make the 64 gb MicroSDXC work? I've read suggestions to reformat the card from a PC to FAT, but others that say the card should only be formatted using the phone. Thanks.

Just figured out that the Erase (Format) command is accessed by pulling down the icon at the top of the screen. It's working now!

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Just got the 64GB myself. Writes at 6Mbps, but reads at 25Mbps. Pretty snazzy so far. Going to try filling it up and letting it read the card, since that's what made my Droid X always crap out on higher capacity cards, lol.

Reactions: aviwdoowks

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Filled the card, no problems like my old Droid X had. Not bad doubling my phone storage for $35 :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Seems the HD is different from our m in the sd card dept.
I have the Samsung 64g mb-mgcgb & it gives these file copy results: (3gb cwr bu folder)
Fastest
Aroma (philz 6): ~10mb/s write , fast fast! read
Root explorer: ~6 , fast
Osx sd card mount (not AFT): same
Philz sd mount : ~ 3, Slow

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
So much for that sd card! I have errors coming out my ears!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Just got the 64GB myself. Writes at 6Mbps, but reads at 25Mbps. Pretty snazzy so far. Going to try filling it up and letting it read the card, since that's what made my Droid X always crap out on higher capacity cards, lol.

What card did you get?

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Ok. I took back the Samy to Frys, found a Plextor (sandisk) at Bestbuy, the slow write, half price version. It performs as fast on our M. It is class 10 & the card has the identical markings of the $99 Sandisk.

USE custom recovery or safestrap to format from the xfat to default. You can use the "phone up" storage erase but the recovery works better for those on my sd swap: do formatting & copying while in recovery. Otherwise you have to reflash the swap.
I had problems getting windows or osx to format the full 64 gb.
I wonder if formatting only on the phone might be key to trouble free use?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But he also has a MUCH nicer screen and MUCH better camera. /shrug
    I got a sandisk 64gb UHC1. The red and grey kind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app