[RC-FAQ]>> CM12 Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto G [Updated: 2015/09/08]

Search This thread

riyosakura

Dec 29, 2012
Banda Aceh
Reporting in, i got systemui force close on latest build 20150515. And then the data is not working anymore. Reboot solve the problem though.

Bharat701HD

Aug 7, 2013
I am on stock lolipop 5.0.2 with twrp 2.8.6.0 but when I flash CM 12.1 ROM I get "Patching system image unconditionally" error ! Its not getting installed I waited like 25 mins!

danvq

Apr 29, 2015
crackling sound

Do you know a way to fix the crackling sound when a notification arrives?

I heard that over writing the audio policy conf file would do it but where can I find that file?

thanks in advance :)

Arlysson

Aug 12, 2014
Missão velha CE
I used google translator , I am Brazilian...

pt-br: instalei a " cm-12.1-20150515-NIGHTLY-falcon " no modelo xt1033 porem esta funcionando , mas tem um bug no " tethering e acesso portatil " não funciona , alguma solução ?

inglês: installed the "cm-12.1-20150515-NIGHTLY-falcon" in the model xt1033 however is working but has a bug in the "tethering and portable access" does not work, any solution?

riyosakura

Dec 29, 2012
Banda Aceh
I used google translator , I am Brazilian...

pt-br: instalei a " cm-12.1-20150515-NIGHTLY-falcon " no modelo xt1033 porem esta funcionando , mas tem um bug no " tethering e acesso portatil " não funciona , alguma solução ?

inglês: installed the "cm-12.1-20150515-NIGHTLY-falcon" in the model xt1033 however is working but has a bug in the "tethering and portable access" does not work, any solution?

Try set your apn type on apn setting. Add ",supl" on apn type.
Someone reporting adding that on apn setting fix the tethering problem.
However its work properly without changing anything on my xt1033 with the same build as your.

Reactions: Arlysson

pixering

May 17, 2015
XT1039 no data

I can't get any data connectivity on my LTE 2013 XT1039. I've been updating CM nightly with no other problems other than flickering on boot. I should be able to get 3G and 4G where I live but I'm only connected to HSPA and there's an "!" on my signal symbol and my mobile network state is "disconnected". I'm on O2 UK. I run Clockworkmod 6050.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

EDIT: FIXED! My data was set to pay monthly instead of pay as you go!

Last edited:
P

Prigioniero

bug call blacklist

Sorry but I have to report a bug that is present on 12.1 cm for a long time ...
The blacklist function works correctly for numbers set, both the address book and manual, while the option private numbers are not blocked. The phone rings relentlessly ..........

ravi4007

May 19, 2015
update cm12.1 nightly

Hello friends can any one help to update cm12.1 nightly (ota) currently am on 20150509 built
Thank you

balu4007

May 19, 2015
Yes I tried it but it is showing that unsupported recovery ........

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Just enter about phone -> cyanogenmod update -> and choose latest nightly. Wait untill you've completed the download and you'll be prompt to install the update and reboot.

Yes I tried it but it is showing that unsupported recovery ........ Can you please suggest the supported recoverys

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

tonycip

Nov 27, 2012
Hi all, I have one problem with ambient display... I noticed that between the arrival of the notification and the lighting of the display there is a delay of 3/4 sec.. anyone else facing this issue? Is it an issue or a feature? :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgrading bootloader be able to install CM12 20150324+ nightlies

[SIZE=+1]Q9: Why do i get screen flickering (until i turn off/ON screen) and how to get rid of it?
    Two cases:
    • You are using the new lollipop bootloader (41.18) and an 'old' CM12 nigthly ==> simply update to a 20150315+ one.
    • You are still on one of the old JB/KK bootloader (41.05~41.15) and installed nightly 20150315 or newer (until 20150324+)==> you'll need to upgrade your bootloader. (cf question 10)
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Q10: Why does the installation abort? (nightly 20150324+)

If you are facing this error:
    Code:
    this package support bootloader(s): 0x4118: this device has bootloader 0x4113.
    E: Error in /data/media/0/cmupdater/cm-20140324-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted
    Then you need to update your bootloader:[/SIZE]
    Upgrading the Bootloader:
    Available bootloaders : 41.18, 41.19, 41.1A for the following devices:
    • XT1032 - Global GSM MotoG Single SIM: 41.18, 41.19, 41.1A
    • XT1033 - GLobal GSM MotoG Dual SIM: 41.18, 41.19, 41.1A
    • XT1034 - US GSM: 41.18, 41.19, 41.1A
    • XT1039 - 4G/LTE MotoG (Europe): 41.1A
    • XT1040 - 4G/LTE MotoG (Brazil/Canada): 41.1A
    • XT1045 - 4G/LTE MotoG: 41.1A
    • XT1002: 41.18
    • XT1003: 41.18
    • XT1008: 41.18
    All available bootloaders can be found here
    NOTE: Flashing bootloader (and failing, for any reason) is one of the few way to HARDBRICK your Device.

If for some reason you can't (or don't want to) update your bootloader, then read this post by @wskelly

Windows
    Use the bootloader upgrader tool provided by @Xyzko

Linux:
    Before messing with the bootloader:
    1. Download manually the desired bootloader here IF YOUR DEVICE WAS LISTED ABOVE.
    2. Check the file integrity by checking the md5sum.
    3. You are ready

Open terminal in the BL folder (or cd to it), plug device to PC.
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Check your current bootloader :
    Code:
    fastboot getvar version-bootloader
    Output example: (bootloader) version-bootloader: 4105
    ==> my bootloader was 41.05

Then flash the new one:
    Code:
    fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    Wait until done:
    Code:
    target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending 'motoboot' (1953 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.114s]
    writing 'motoboot'...
    (bootloader) flashing tz ...
    (bootloader) flashing rpm ...
    (bootloader) flashing sdi ...
    (bootloader) flashing aboot ...
    (bootloader) flashing sbl1 ...
    OKAY [  1.567s]
    finished. total time: 1.682s
    (A new blank command line waiting for instruction will appear in terminal)

Reboot the bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Re-check its version:
    Code:
    fastboot getvar version-bootloader
    Expected output: (bootloader) version-bootloader: 4118
    ==> my (and your) bootloader is now 41.18

Reboot your device, now the screen flickering should be gone in CM12 (but might appeared in your recovery, depending on the build time...)​
    FAQ part #1

[SIZE=+1]Q1: How do i Install CM12?[/SIZE]

From CM11 or CM12: simply download ROM zip and gapps, then Flash
    From other ROM:
    1. download ROM and gapps
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Format /system, /data (data content will be lost, but should not impact /data/media), /cache and wipe dalvik-cache.
      ==> this is for CWM, on TWRP, better use the factory-reset option.
    4. Sideload from Computer or install from storage depending on where the download was completed)
    5. wait
    6. Reboot
    7. wait (may take more than 3 minutes)
    8. enjoy!

Rq:
    • For Falcon, Nightly releases on official CM12 are reported working on XT1032, XT1033 and XT1034 and GPE XT1032. The XT1028/XT1031 (non-LTE 3G CDMA) are not able to get data, calls and SMS
    • For Peregrine: ?

[SIZE=+1]Q2: How to get root?[/SIZE]

1. Enable Dev settings (multiple tap on "Build Number" in /settings/about phone/)
    2. Go to Dev settings
    3. Root access : Change to Apps and ADB

[SIZE=+1]Q3: Where is the Terminal?[/SIZE]
    It is now disabled by default, simple enable it in Dev Settings by toggling "Local Terminal"​

[SIZE=+1]Q4: What's that # at the to right corner of my screen sometimes?[/SIZE]
    This icon warns you that an app or service is currently using its granted root access, maybe your file manager or some automated actions like Greenify auto hibernate is running (in the background?)​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: How to set SELinux state to Permissive?[/SIZE]
    Open terminal (see Q3), type :
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    setenforce 0
    Done!

An app does it too : SELinux Mode Changer
    More about SELinux :
    • SElinux and Android
    • SELinux explained for Gentoo systems
    • script to enforce Permissive SELinux state for GS5

[SIZE=+1]Q6: Having Issues with minfree settings and RAM management?[/SIZE]

• Get this script by @attack11
    • Paste it to /etc/init.d, set permissions to -rwxr-xr-x and edit extension to .sh to file manager can execute
    • Execute the script manually at each boot if your SELinux state is anything above Permissive (init.d scripts are not granted SU rights when in Enforcing mode).

[SIZE=+1]Q7: Having issues with GPS?[/SIZE]
    Erase modems as explained on this post:
    1. Plug device to PC
    2. Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    3. Code:
      fastboot erase modemst1
    4. Code:
      fastboot erase modemst2
    5. Reboot

[SIZE=+1]Q8: Why can't i install Xposed on CM12?[/SIZE]
    Take some time to read rovo89's post about his own project and why Xposed isn't supposed to work (yet)​

[SIZE=+1]Q9: Why do i get screen flickering (until i turn off/ON screen) and how to get rid of it? (nightlies 20150315-->20150324)[/SIZE]
    The answer involves upgrading your bootloader, be extremely careful.
    Follow this short step-by-step guide

[SIZE=+1]Q10: Why does the installation abort? (nightly 20150324+)[/SIZE]
    If the error message you are facing is the following,
    Code:
    this package support bootloader(s): 0x4118: this device has bootloader 0x4113.
    E: Error in /data/media/0/cmupdater/cm-20140324-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted
    then The answer involves upgrading your bootloader, be extremely careful.
    Follow this short step-by-step guide
    If for some reason you can't (or don't want to) update your bootloader, then read this post by @wskelly

[SIZE=+1]Q11: How do i report an issue to get some help?[/SIZE]
    Here is a nice example of how to report an issue:
    Hi,
    XT1033: bootloader unlocked, rooted, stock rom 4.4.4
    TO: 5.0.2
    Flashed 4118 bootloader, as detailed in http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/help/rc-faq-cm12-frequently-questions-t2996087
    It was successful.

Followed http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/general/guide-how-to-flash-root-cyanogenmod-12-t3090805
    formatted system, data, cache, wipe-cache (recovery: clockworkmod-6.0.4.7)

installed CM, Gapps
    CM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=falcon
    Gapps: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96039337900114916

After rebooting, the phone is stuck on the Cyanogenmod boot icon (blinking cat face) since past half hour.
    Please guide how to debug/recover.

Thanks,

It says the device model, the Bootloader version, the ROM (the one coming from and the one where the problem occures), and some more informations about the process.

[SIZE=+1]Q12: Why Ambient display and gestures are gone and how to get it back?[/SIZE]
    Ambient display and gestures were handled by motodoze which conflicted with Android's way of turning screen On and Off, this application from motorola has its sources closed and thus cannot be modified by CM team to handle the conflict.
    Motodoze has been nuked (20150903)

But we have a new king to rule the kingdom: AcDisplay !
    M8eAbOT7ifQeVOnBghZNKjjYc0xwcRWPgeOA6P71mHJWJpQp4_XsBLnrsSNde40JICw=w150-rw
    (or its fork, built by @luca020400 who modified the way proximity sensor is checked to get closer to motodoze's way)
    Here the fork : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62668999&postcount=4587 (using motodoze implementation for gestures)
    Here is the official app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.achep.acdisplay&hl=en (using @AChep 's implementation for gestures)
    Play with settings and tune the app to get either the closest experience possible you were used to, or make it fit better to your own needs.

[SIZE=+1]Q13: Having issues with your partition table?[/SIZE]
    When installing CM you may experience being stuck at "Patching system image unconditionally..." mainly if you device was converted to GPe.
    This happens because the recovery tries to write a block that exceeds the partition size (/system of the GPe partition table seems to be smaller than the CM one) ==> this also happens when you want to upgrade a MotoE (Condor) from stock 4.4.4 to CM12.1

In that case the following may help you (Falcon ONLY): http://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-gpe-stuck-t2970842/post57444986#post57444986
    If you are running any other device than a Falcon, then download a stock firmware (Lollipop), extract the gpt.bin and flash it:
    Code:
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin

[SIZE=+1]Q35: [?][/SIZE]
    [...]​

[...]​

[...]​

*​

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    [RC-FAQ]>> CM12 Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto G [Updated: 2015/09/08]

[SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2] Motorola Moto G

cyanogenmod-12-1-rom.jpg
    [/SIZE]

Read Before Asking Please

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

To Browse quickly the FAQ and find what you need, Ctrl+F is the key feature ;)
    You may search in Motorola help topics too

Table of content :

there shouldnt be any issues using the x1032 bootloader on the X1034?

Yeah, it should be the same, though better compare a 4.4.4 bootloader for XT1032 and XT1034 (to see if they are same), and then, if they are, you can try the XT1032/XT1033 41.18 bootloader. i really hope all Falcon devices have the same bootloader, but as for now (26/03/2015) nobody officially asserted that...

It seems to be working fine. I just flashed the XT1032 brazil bootloader via fastboot on my XT1034 and then updated to the latest TWRP. I'm see flickering in TWRP, but I was able to flash the latest CM12 nightly just fine, and there is no flickering in CM12.
    hi
    i have a xt1033 runnig on stock 5.0.2 asia retail.
    can i update directly from current rom to cm 12.1 ?
    -------
    i have another question.
    if i update to cm 12.1 can i return to stock 5.0.2 easily?and how can i?

Yes you can directly clean install 12.1 over stock 5.0.2 but there are some prerequisite
    1) You should have to unlock ? the bootloader by going to Motorola website.
    2) Install custom recovery like cmw or twrp.
    3) make a backup of current rom using recovery.
    4) flash cm 12.1 zip after cleaning wiping data/cache & system partitions, no need to wipe internal storage.... Now you're rom is good to go.....

Answer regarding next question is that first you will not want to go back to stock rom because cyanogenmod is addictive, second if in some cases you have to go back.... Then flash the backup rom as created by you in aforementioned step 3 or just flash optimized stock rom zip.... Easy as pie....