• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

RCS Messaging not activating since Oreo 8.0

Search This thread

Waibashi

Dec 13, 2012
Montreal, QC
Anyone got issues to activate the "Enhanced features" in Android Message. It was working fine in my previous Pixel XL but since I replaced and upgraded Oreo. It just loops without doing anything.

Anyone got that issue ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-204744.png
    Screenshot_20170907-204744.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 397

RPAusCan

Oct 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I have the same thing happening. Also with Rogers. I called their tech support, but no help. I tried Google support and they didn't have an answer, but suggested sending in feedback via the Support section on the Pixel.
I did do a factory reset, and this problem started after that. My son also has a Pixel, and has also updated to Oreo. He didn't do a factory reset though, just the OTA update, and his RCS is still working.

Waibashi

Dec 13, 2012
Montreal, QC
I have the same thing happening. Also with Rogers. I called their tech support, but no help. I tried Google support and they didn't have an answer, but suggested sending in feedback via the Support section on the Pixel.
I did do a factory reset, and this problem started after that. My son also has a Pixel, and has also updated to Oreo. He didn't do a factory reset though, just the OTA update, and his RCS is still working.

I called Rogers. They tried to wipe my profile and then I waited for it to be resupplied. It didn't work.... Google are unaware.

Where did you report that bug? In the app itself ?

I wonder if anyone else on Oreo can try to disable it and re enable it to see if it will go back on

RPAusCan

Oct 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I called Rogers. They tried to wipe my profile and then I waited for it to be resupplied. It didn't work.... Google are unaware.

Where did you report that bug? In the app itself ?

I wonder if anyone else on Oreo can try to disable it and re enable it to see if it will go back on

I reported it through Google Support. Go to Settings -> Support -> Search Help & Send Feedback -> Send Feedback.
I'll see if I can disable and re-enable it on my son's phone. Hopefully he won't mind being a guinea pig!

Waibashi

Dec 13, 2012
Montreal, QC
I reported it through Google Support. Go to Settings -> Support -> Search Help & Send Feedback -> Send Feedback.
I'll see if I can disable and re-enable it on my son's phone. Hopefully he won't mind being a guinea pig!

Btw. Today, RCS activated itself. I tried to disable and enable it again and it worked. I tested it with my friend and it works fine.

Pretty weird that it's working now. Did you give it another chance ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Btw. Today, RCS activated itself. I tried to disable and enable it again and it worked. I tested it with my friend and it works fine.

Pretty weird that it's working now. Did you give it another chance ?

Thank you! Just tried it and it worked. Glad that's sorted!