RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)

Search This thread

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Hey that's good for them. They are at EOL so I think it's fair they pushed for the S3 first. I'll just be envious of my mom's S3 for a few days, no biggie.

My question is, what are the advantages they are getting from this new 3.4 kernel they getting that we don't? They seem pretty excited about that on S3 land.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

tommyjoesanders

Aug 12, 2013
Hey that's good for them. They are at EOL so I think it's fair they pushed for the S3 first. I'll just be envious of my mom's S3 for a few days, no biggie.

My question is, what are the advantages they are getting from this new 3.4 kernel they getting that we don't? They seem pretty excited about that on S3 land.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Thats a good question about the new kernel. I am waiting too see what other people say about s3 kitkat update

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
Someone refresh my memory. Did we get 4.3 before the S3? If so I'm sure KK is only a few days behind them. My best guess is next Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Jed Dignazio

May 15, 2008
samsung_kitkat_update_list.jpg

Reactions: enormous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well.... I have it on good authority MJ7 is 4.3.
    Don't have proof yet but based on another nugget for another device it also very likely has the Gear support.

And while also speculation I'm putting money that's our next OTA and it's coming probably in the next 3 weeks.
    That timeframe is based on one simple fact - They need the Gear support before Black Friday.
    They'll also want to do it with enough time to support things before the holidays approach.
    For those who want it I've now got the MA7 update.zip on my Repo page.

http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Enjoy!
    Since I love to tease

uploadfromtaptalk1360134821163.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, the regular sources have confirmed 4.2.2 is in development for this and Sprint S3 at the moment. No build IDs yet, just knowledge that they're working on it. But based on recent updates, including the S4, I'm not confident we'll see anything until they are ready to release it. Let's hope I'm wrong.
    This was done over on the Samsung Galaxy S2/E4GT threads by my good friend Febby. I did some digging and discovered we didn't have anything like it over here on the Galaxy Note 2 threads.

Being the RDF junkie that I am I thought it might be fun to start a thread over here.

For those of you who don't know what an RDF is... RDF stands for "Resource Description Framework". In non-geek terms an RDF is essentially a specification sheet that details what the finished product will be. In this case the product itself is already out but any time there is a software revision it results in a build number change. Each build number has an associated RDF.

Before we get too much further, you MUST use Internet Explorer to view an RDF. For whatever reason they ONLY display correctly in Internet Explorer.

You can almost always view the most recent RDF by entering http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest in Internet Explorer. *Generally the only time you don't see the latest RDF on here is when it's a potential OTA.

I will try to maintain this thread with the direct links to each RDF as they come out. I will use Post #2 to keep a history of some of our older RDF's. If I miss one don't be afraid to point it out! :)

Enjoy!