• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Re-lock Bootloader? Help needed, thx!

Search This thread

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
One question, I don't usually open a new thread for something like this. I've already searched here and Google Search anyway.
Has anyone found out how to re-lock the bootloader? "Fastboot flashing lock" or "fastboot oem lock" ends in a softbrick.
For info, rooting and safety net did not work for me. Don't know if it helps to lock the bootloader again and start over.
Grateful for any help!

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
One question, I don't usually open a new thread for something like this. I've already searched here and Google Search anyway.
Has anyone found out how to re-lock the bootloader? "Fastboot flashing lock" or "fastboot oem lock" ends in a softbrick.
For info, rooting and safety net did not work for me. Don't know if it helps to lock the bootloader again and start over.
Grateful for any help!

If you're rooted then you need to un-root. Just install the default rom over itself. (If you have the default boot.img you can use fastboot to flash it)

Then reboot into Fastboot and run "fastboot oem lock", you should then get a prompt, it WILL wipe the device.

Reactions: Flying Fox

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
How it sounds like you have tried rooting your phone but failed?
Maybe you could explain your current phone situation in more detail.

It looks like you have the "patched" boot .img on your phone.
Don´t think so, but maybe I took the wrong one. But some other users talk about the same issue. I´ll try to find the right one. Maybe somebody has a link.
My situation: I have the EU-model. Rooted two phones using exactly the same steps. One time it worked, the other time not. One the second one, I get no safety net. Also, netflix, for instance, is not working. Tried already every stuff I could find here... thx for your answer.
If you're rooted then you need to un-root. Just install the default rom over itself. (If you have the default boot.img you can use fastboot to flash it)

Then reboot into Fastboot and run "fastboot oem lock", you should then get a prompt, it WILL wipe the device.
That all I did.. maybe I got the wrong boot.img. Searching for a link. Thx anyway and nice WE!

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok, haven´t found any solution. Took the right boot.img. Whenever I want to lock the bootloader, it shows me "device is corrupt" or something like that.
Problem is that after root I cannot pass safety net. Also apps like Netflix don´t work.
The app "Safety Net Checker" tells me to lock the bootloader and to do a factory reset...

Any solution somewhere? Thx

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can you unlock and boot into the OS? If so, take the OTA local upgrade to the same version OS version you are currently running. Do this twice (so both slots gets written) then try oem lock.

It's probably stupid, but have you tried to lock bootloader in Developer options? (I'm newb)
Don't do this. You shouldn't even be able to do this, but if you somehow do it, your only way out will be MSM

Reactions: Flying Fox

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can you unlock and boot into the OS? If so, take the OTA local upgrade to the same version OS version you are currently running. Do this twice (so both slots gets written) then try oem lock.

Don't do this. You shouldn't even be able to do this, but if you somehow do it, your only way out will be MSM
Thanks. That was the trick, I did it twice and I was able to re-lock now.
After unlocking a further time and trying to root, I again was not able to pass safety net. Strange, have two devices here. One did it without any problem, the othder not.
Did the same procedere again, re-locked the bootloader. Now the button for oem-unlock in the developer settings is greyed out. So no possibility to unlock again..
Is there another trick or work around?
Anyway, thanks for all advices and help here!!

Edit: Sorry, tired after 25hrs working... Wifi / data connection was off. Now next try... ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How it sounds like you have tried rooting your phone but failed?
    Maybe you could explain your current phone situation in more detail.

It looks like you have the "patched" boot .img on your phone.
    Grateful for any help!

Just double check your version's and flash them. You can also try to wipe your device before you lock it again, sometime that helps
    It's probably stupid, but have you tried to lock bootloader in Developer options? (I'm newb)
    Edit: don't