Question Re-lock OEM bootloader???

Search This thread

nicoco19

Jan 20, 2019
Goodnight all,

I unlocked the OEM bootloader and Rooted my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 using Magisk. It is a European model.

Now each time I start it I get warning messages that the security has changed as a result.

I reset my phone completely and I still have these warning messages on startup.

Is it possible to remove these warning messages because I will most certainly resell the phone???Is there a solution to lock the OEM bootloader again or is it irreversible???

Thank you in advance for your help and good evening to all.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This is by design. An unlocked bootloader should display the ORANGE state on boot to notify the user. This is normal, and no action is needed.

It is not possible to remove these warning messages as this is a result of the bootloader functioning as intended.

You can re-lock your bootloader if you want but make sure you have performed a clean flash with the factory firmware first. You would then follow the same process you used to unlock the bootloader (device off, hold both Volume buttons, plug in USB cable).

It's just a minor inconvenience though and does not affect device operation.

nicoco19

Jan 20, 2019
Good evening,
@V0latyle

if I understood your explanation 😇, I download the latest firmware which is installed on my phone with the help of SamFirm or other software.

Then I use Odin in administrator mode and I select the file in the BL box, the file in the AP box, the file in the CP box and especially in the CSC box I put the CSC file (and not Home_CSC) in order to a hard reset of my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 phone. Once the flash is done, the phone reboots to factory state, I click the build number 7 times then I go to developer options and there I could finally lock my OEM development loader again??? Once I've done all of this
,will the bootloader security warning message go away???

Please tell me if I understood correctly please 😇🤗 and above all thank you again for your help.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Good evening,
@V0latyle

if I understood your explanation 😇, I download the latest firmware which is installed on my phone with the help of SamFirm or other software.

Then I use Odin in administrator mode and I select the file in the BL box, the file in the AP box, the file in the CP box and especially in the CSC box I put the CSC file (and not Home_CSC) in order to a hard reset of my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 phone. Once the flash is done, the phone reboots to factory state, I click the build number 7 times then I go to developer options and there I could finally lock my OEM development loader again??? Once I've done all of this
,will the bootloader security warning message go away???

Please tell me if I understood correctly please 😇🤗 and above all thank you again for your help.
You don't have to do anything with Developer Options or the OEM Unlock toggle. OEM Unlocking only functions as a "safety" to permit you to unlock your bootloader.

If it is already unlocked, simply follow the instructions you used to unlock it after you enabled OEM Unlocking the first time - with the device powered off, use the key combo to boot into Download Mode, then hold Volume Up until you see the device lock warning. When you relock the bootloader, it will wipe data. Once done, no further steps are needed.

If you want to tinker with your device and enjoy the benefits of root, why not leave it unlocked? Sure the bootloader warnning is slightly annoying but again that's by design.

nicoco19

Jan 20, 2019
@V0latyle

ah ok, I understand better, I'm doing the reverse step of what I did the very first time I unlocked the OEM bootloader.

I put my phone in download mode by connecting it to my computer and then I hold the volume up key for a long time to lock the OEM bootloader. And if I understood correctly, once this is done, my phone will be factory reset and no more warning message on startup. That's right ???

In fact, I'm asking you all this because I want to sell my phone to switch to the S23 Ultra.

thank you for your help and your feedback 😇🤗

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
@V0latyle

ah ok, I understand better, I'm doing the reverse step of what I did the very first time I unlocked the OEM bootloader.

I put my phone in download mode by connecting it to my computer and then I hold the volume up key for a long time to lock the OEM bootloader. And if I understood correctly, once this is done, my phone will be factory reset and no more warning message on startup. That's right ???
Yes, if the bootloader is locked and the firmware is original OEM, there should be no warning.

nicoco19

Jan 20, 2019
@V0latyle I'm testing all this to the letter tomorrow evening and in the process I'll come back for other people that it could help.

thank you for your help and keep you posted 😇🤗

Reactions: V0latyle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @V0latyle I'm testing all this to the letter tomorrow evening and in the process I'll come back for other people that it could help.

thank you for your help and keep you posted 😇🤗
    Hello,

I did what you said and problem solved, the warning messages at startup disappeared.

Thank you again for your help @V0latyle