Reactivation Lock work around

Search This thread

GameOverSuckas

Jan 14, 2023
I have had my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier attached to my S8 for years now with no issue. I recently bought a S22 Ultra and wanted it to swith my watch over to that. I followed the steps to switch it over and at the very end after it said paired and signed in to my samsung account. Says can't complete and reactivation lock needs to be turned off. At the time it would still connect to my S8 but with everything they told me to do and by resetting the watch now its useless. Turn it on and it immediately goes to the yellow Lets go screen.. then check phone for status. Those are the only two screens I can see on my watch now. 3 hours and 5 different reps and the watch is worse off then it was when I called.

Please if anyone can help I'd be forever grateful

aleph930623

Feb 14, 2019
Here are the consolidated updated steps to get rid of / bypass the 'Reactivation Lock'. I JUST finished going through all the steps and it worked so I wanted to get these steps out there with some minor adjustments I noticed while still fresh in my mind. If you are a semi-noob like me, you can do it. Thanks to PaulieP and Bobus008 it is doable.

1. Download all the files you'll need courtesy of BOBUS008:

h.t.t.p.s:/./.w.w.w.dropbox.com/s/meo9rsl3kcr0ha0/GearFit2.rar?dl=0 -- - - - - I trust you know how to fix this URL - Sorry in advance Mr Moderator.

2. Hard Reset Fit2 - Hold power down until you see rebooting in blue, while it says that hit power button 2-3 times to get to bootloader menu. use power button to move to 'Download (wireless)' and hold power down to select. in Download (wireless) mode, hit power twice quickly to change to 'AP mode'.

3. Run NetOdin3 file and leave it running. Then go to your wireless settings and connect to the now-visible Gear Fit 2 (It will show an open network named SM-R360 or something). After a few minutes (or seconds for me), Net Odin should show an IP address in the box on the left.

4. Click the AP button in Net Odin and load the FTMA file from the 'Combination Firmware' folder. Hit Start and flash it. Once done, Fit 2 will reboot to a screen with yellow diagnostic info. Hit Power, settings, connection, wifi, turn it on, then connect to your wireless internet connection.

5. Once connected, then touch that network connection in the Fit 2 connection list to open up details, and note the ip address (example: 192.168.201.12) and copy it.

6. Hit back button to go back into settings, then Gear Info, then enable developer mode/DEBUGGING (this enables ADB), then hit back to back out of settings menu

7. Open up a command prompt window (ANSICON file provided) in same the directory where you have adb.exe, and type adb connect IPADDRESS:26101
- note IPADDRESS is your Ip address you copied above, and the :26101 is a port number. So using above example, I would type:
adb connect 192.168.201.12:26101

8. Once connected, type adb devices and you should see it listed.

9. In the ANSICON/command prompt window, paste the following lines pressing enter after each:

(note - during these steps the window continued to show messages about the versions being different, but this didn't seem to matter)

adb root on
adb push empty.bin /opt/usr/media/
adb shell dd if=/opt/usr/media/empty.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p15
adb shell reboot download

(note - when I pressed enter after 'download', my gear fit 2 displayed some text on the screen, one line said 'reactivation OFF', which is great. It also said 'Downloading - do not restart...' at the bottom of the watch. I waited on this screen for about 30 minutes with no change, so I decided to hard restart the gear fit 2, which worked)

10. HARD RESTART - Even if it says 'downloading - do not disconnect/restart'

Hard Restart - hold power to reboot your Fit 2 (it's ready to be flashed with retail firmware), and just like before, but it into Download wireless mode, and AP mode.
-to check if the lock is removed, you can instead first select download mode (USB) instead of wireless, and see if it says ACTIVATION LOCKFF to confirm/doublecheck

12. In Net Odin take your unzipped retail firmware files (Firmware folder) and place each file as named in filenames, in the appropriate slots for AP, CSC, and BL. Hit Start to flash.

13. Once done and rebooted, should be clean and good to go.

These steps worked for me as of 5 minutes ago. Hopefully BOBUS will keep these files available for a while.
thanks a lot. almost 5 years later, your guidance worked perfectly.
luckily, files still available on dropbox. i managed to reset reactivation lock in about 10 minutes.

thanks to all ppl involved in this thread too
br

naderrr

Jul 4, 2009
Thank you so much you are best dude. Finally happened . Guys do this ;

adb connect (ip adress):26101
adb root on
adb shell dd if=/opt/usr/media/empty.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p(your watch code in reply)
adb shell dd if=/opt/usr/media/empty.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p(your watch code in reply)

You have connection or root problem do debug on off and restrart watch check your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Good luck with guys.
i need adb r760 to write comments to remove samsung accout

Edcleison ribeiro

May 19, 2023
Olá,

Preciso de alguns arquivos para baixar... todas as buscas estão quebradas...

os arquivos ADB e ANSICON... alguém pode colocar um link para download?

Felicidades e obrigado.

ToMeeK01

Jun 15, 2023
why does it say
connected to 192.168..114:26101
adb: unable to connect for root: closed
adb: unable to connect for root: device offline

this method worked till i connect my gear s3 to the wifi.
Ive got the same Problem....pls Help

I have Restart the Watch, Debugging on off.....20x...nothing helps......

I.ve got the same Message

adb: unable to connect for root: closed
adb: unable to connect for root: device offline

Last edited:

SuperlativeB

Oct 18, 2015
Locations for empty.bin file

After some research, I found a handful of mmcblk0p locations to place the empty.bin file.
The only one I have personally tested is the R730A one, so use at your own risk;
SM-R360/R365-mmcblk0p15
SM-R500-mmcblk0p20
SM-R600-mmcblk0p17
SM-R630-mmcblk0p15
SM-R720-mmcblk0p14
SM-R730A/730V-mmcblk0p26
SM-R732-mmcblk0p14
SM-R760/R770-mmcblk0p15
SM-R765/R775-mmcblk0p16
SM-R800/R810-mmcblk0p19
SM-R805/R815-mmcblk0p21
SM-R820/R830-mmcblk0p20
SM-R825/R835-mmcblk0p22
SM-R840/R850-mmcblk0p7 (this one I doubt its correct due to the inconsistency, but you never know)
Hopefully this will help some people out, I know I spent a long time trying to figure this out myself.
I have been looking for exactly this after experimenting on my own for an evening , I can say that 16 will very likely break the flash and will need to redo the combo firmware and start over. I will def test these other tmrw

straphupjay

Oct 15, 2023
So For Everyone having problems Connecting to adb instead of using your home internet connect to a hotspot, this is what works for me. for the files, if you have a gear S3 SM-760 I managed to find the paid files free, you can download them here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4ti5zzph3f6krp/GearS3FrontierReactivationBypass.rar/file Theses files contain everything you need to flash the firmware including the Combination file, AP file, BL file, and the CSC file. NOTE-This Is For Gear S3 SM-760 model I havent tested it on any other model or firmware so download with caution Hope This Helps Some of Yall

Mod translation: My SM-R8050, the activation lock problem seems to be completely hopeless. Thanks to the pioneers for their continued efforts

我的SM-R8050,激活锁的问题,好像彻底无望了。感谢先驱者前赴后继的努力

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Mod translation: My SM-R8050

Greetings. As a friendly FYI, you stand a much better chance of having your questions answered in a timely manner by simply abiding by XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ , https://www.babelfish.com/ or https://fanyi.baidu.com/#auto/en or use one of your choice.

Which is why I have translated your post.
Your cooperation is appreciated and expected. Thank you, and have a great day.

-Regards: Badger50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Locations for empty.bin file

After some research, I found a handful of mmcblk0p locations to place the empty.bin file.
    The only one I have personally tested is the R730A one, so use at your own risk;
    SM-R360/R365-mmcblk0p15
    SM-R500-mmcblk0p20
    SM-R600-mmcblk0p17
    SM-R630-mmcblk0p15
    SM-R720-mmcblk0p14
    SM-R730A/730V-mmcblk0p26
    SM-R732-mmcblk0p14
    SM-R760/R770-mmcblk0p15
    SM-R765/R775-mmcblk0p16
    SM-R800/R810-mmcblk0p19
    SM-R805/R815-mmcblk0p21
    SM-R820/R830-mmcblk0p20
    SM-R825/R835-mmcblk0p22
    SM-R840/R850-mmcblk0p7 (this one I doubt its correct due to the inconsistency, but you never know)
    Hopefully this will help some people out, I know I spent a long time trying to figure this out myself.
    So the below from PaulieP is all correct, and thanks to him/her for the point in the right direction.

Point 10 command are as follows

adb root on
    adb shell dd if=/opt/usr/media/empty.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p15

I have included all the files required to complete the whole process yourself in a single rar file so you don't have to search the interwebs for them. Sorry to them that just need the empty.bin as the rar is about 600mb.

h.t.t.p.s:/./.w.w.w.dropbox.com/s/meo9rsl3kcr0ha0/GearFit2.rar?dl=0 -- - - - - I trust you know how to fix this URL - Sorry in advance Mr Moderator.

KEEP IT ALL FREE!!! :good::good::good::good:

Steps for everyone else since the OP seems to have disappeared. Here is the basics, what we're missing are the ADB commands to remove the actual protection. Someone can fill in the blank please since I saw everything but those commands (they were hidden)

1. Download Net Odin and install. - Also have ADB installed on your computer. Minimal ADB and Fastboot is one package you can use for this.
    2. Also youll need to download a gear fit 2 factory diagnostic? firmware here ver U1DQH1 works . And a set of normal firmware. Such as from here:
    3. Hold power down on gear fit 2 until you see rebooting in blue, while it says that hit power button 2-3 times to get to bootloader menu. use power to move to Download (wireless) and hold power down to select. as soon as it enters Download wireless mode, hit power twice quickly to change to AP mode.
    4. Run Net Odin and leave it running. Then go to your wireless settings and connect to the now-visible Gear Fit 2. After a few minutes, Net Odin should show an IP address in the box on the left.
    5. Click the AP button in Net Odin and load the unzipped combination FTMA file you downloaded above. Hit Start and flash it. Once done, Fit 2 will reboot to a screen with yellow diagnostic info. Hit Power, settings, connection, wifi, turn it on, then connect to your wireless internet connection.
    6. Once connected, then touch that network connection in the Fit 2 connection list to open up details, and note the ip address (example: 192.168.201.12).
    7. Hit back button to go back into settings, then Gear Info, then enable developer mode (this enables ADB), then hit back to back out of settings menu
    8. Open up a command prompt window in the directory where you have adb.exe, and type adb connect IPADDRESS:26101
    - note IPADDRESS is your Ip address you noted above, and the :26101 is a port number. So using above example, I would type:
    9. Once connected, type adb devices and you should see it listed.

10. THIS IS THE MISSING STEP - here are the ADB commands to remove the activation lock settings/flags. SOMEONE PLEASE FILL THIS IN

11. Once step 10 is done, hold power to reboot your Fit 2 (it's ready to be flashed with retail firmware), and just like before, but it into Download wireless mode, and AP mode.
    -to check if the lock is removed, you can instead first select download mode (USB) instead of wireless, and see if it says ACTIVATION LOCK:eek:FF to confirm/doublecheck

12. In Net Odin take your unzipped retail firmware files and place each file as named in filenames, in the appropriate slots for AP, CSC, and BL. Hit Start to flash.

These steps should pretty much encapsulate the process of what these guys are doing via Teamviewer, it's the ADB steps we are missing. Hopefully there's someone out there not trying to profit off of everyone whos nice enough to help us fill that part in. Thanks.
    Steps for everyone else since the OP seems to have disappeared. Here is the basics, what we're missing are the ADB commands to remove the actual protection. Someone can fill in the blank please since I saw everything but those commands (they were hidden)

1. Download Net Odin and install. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...WhHTzFLNHhTbUk - Also have ADB installed on your computer. Minimal ADB and Fastboot is one package you can use for this.
    2. Also youll need to download a gear fit 2 factory diagnostic? firmware here ver U1DQH1 works - http://www.gsm-file.com/files/factorysw-combination-file-6378 . And a set of normal firmware. Such as from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...Wp6MnNsWHpLelE
    3. Hold power down on gear fit 2 until you see rebooting in blue, while it says that hit power button 2-3 times to get to bootloader menu. use power to move to Download (wireless) and hold power down to select. as soon as it enters Download wireless mode, hit power twice quickly to change to AP mode.
    4. Run Net Odin and leave it running. Then go to your wireless settings and connect to the now-visible Gear Fit 2. After a few minutes, Net Odin should show an IP address in the box on the left.
    5. Click the AP button in Net Odin and load the unzipped combination FTMA file you downloaded above. Hit Start and flash it. Once done, Fit 2 will reboot to a screen with yellow diagnostic info. Hit Power, settings, connection, wifi, turn it on, then connect to your wireless internet connection.
    6. Once connected, then touch that network connection in the Fit 2 connection list to open up details, and note the ip address (example: 192.168.201.12).
    7. Hit back button to go back into settings, then Gear Info, then enable developer mode (this enables ADB), then hit back to back out of settings menu
    8. Open up a command prompt window in the directory where you have adb.exe, and type adb connect IPADDRESS:26101
    - note IPADDRESS is your Ip address you noted above, and the :26101 is a port number. So using above example, I would type:
    9. Once connected, type adb devices and you should see it listed.

10. THIS IS THE MISSING STEP - here are the ADB commands to remove the activation lock settings/flags. SOMEONE PLEASE FILL THIS IN

11. Once step 10 is done, hold power to reboot your Fit 2 (it's ready to be flashed with retail firmware), and just like before, but it into Download wireless mode, and AP mode.
    -to check if the lock is removed, you can instead first select download mode (USB) instead of wireless, and see if it says ACTIVATION LOCK:eek:FF to confirm/doublecheck

12. In Net Odin take your unzipped retail firmware files and place each file as named in filenames, in the appropriate slots for AP, CSC, and BL. Hit Start to flash.

These steps should pretty much encapsulate the process of what these guys are doing via Teamviewer, it's the ADB steps we are missing. Hopefully there's someone out there not trying to profit off of everyone whos nice enough to help us fill that part in. Thanks.
    I BOUGHT THE FILES. once i have done the process and check it works i will post the links here for free. if someone can help me creating the tutorial that will be nice (im lazzy) will hit with news soon as i have them
    I have a file!!!!

Guys,

I paid this guy $35 US to fix my gear Fit2, and he used TeamViewer to access my laptop. Some files were copied to the desktop, and I managed to remember the folder name. Needless to say, all the files were deleted. I used a file recovery program, and managed to recover the DOS batch file that had "Echo off" in the beginning. This would be part of Step 10. I will post the files.

I never tested it. But it's a start. I looked at the code, and it made no sense to me.

Hope this works for whomever needs it.

thx,
    FLARE2