Search This thread

destructo570

Aug 1, 2013
Bilaspur (c.g.)
Guyz my friend have a ORIKIA TABLET which is stuck on boot logo he was just playing games,not rooted.....and now its just a dead thing i tried to find how to fix it on google but nothing helped.....any one know how to fix it.......and anybody know how to go into recovery mode.....

sent from my Nexus 5 using cynogenmod 12 :p
.....sorry about my english

Hitesh2626

Feb 18, 2013
☆◢Mumbai◣☆
www.askandroid.in
You can change them on drawable-mdpi. All icons are on drawable-mdpi.

Really thankfull to you bro but when i checked in that folder i dind't found any old icons so what i have to do just simply put icons in that ?
Edit: just suggestion what you think can you add these in your (tut) mode tw ?
Sent from my Ace-i

Last edited:

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
True Off Topic after ages

995160_409382959172936_1077688753_n.jpg

Reactions: srt99 and Envy-X

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
Reactions: mathm2013

mathm2013

Jan 1, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
framework-res.apk/res/color/primary_dark.xml something like that

Change values from ff000000 to ffffffff

But remember, all white text on your ROM will change to black

Oh, who's gonna help me now? Batma.. i mean, Areeb Jamal :laugh:

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

framework-res.apk/res/color/primary_dark.xml something like that

Change values from ff000000 to ffffffff

But remember, all white text on your ROM will change to black

On primary_text_dark.xml i only got this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<selector
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item android:state_enabled="false" android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark_disabled" />
<item android:state_window_focused="false" android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark" />
<item android:state_pressed="true" android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark_inverse" />
<item android:state_selected="true" android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark_inverse" />
<item android:state_focused="true" android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark_inverse" />
<item android:color="@color/bright_foreground_dark" />
</selector>

Reactions: iamareebjamal

El_Dark

Dec 13, 2012
Santiago
has anyone tried the entropy seeder??i have used it one my acei but i cant figure out much change.....can anybody else compare the results???

Try V6 SuperCharger lol I also used seeder before it, there was no actual difference between using/not using it.. As for V6 that's a different story lol, it does what it promises ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To all new users:

Welcome to the fraternity which is best of its kind

Read this all before continuing to use this forum or making a new thread to ensure you make the most out of it:

First of all:

Post in these respective sections according to their usage:

And yes,

There is no BEST ROM for our device or any other device. Use one that suits your taste or remain on stock. That's the best

1. Question and Answers:

You have a question? Your answer is here: Answer to your question lies here :good:

You didn't find your answer there? :(

Ask in this thread :highfive:

Still unsolved ? :mad:

Maybe no one knows that bro :rolleyes:

We are not God :cool:

2. General:

This Section General Section should be used when

• You have something cool to share *When it is not already shared by someone else*
    • A thing which is not made by you but you know that will work on this phone and is not shared by someone else
    • Some topic discussion which is not about warez, advertisement, bounty collection, off topic, etc
    • Any ROM, theme, mod, tool, development related thing NOT made by you.
    • Any Off-Topic Discussion should be done in this thread and you are free to ask any type of question here. I will be ever grateful to answer you. And no question is noobish here and no one is noob here.
    • Any guide that IS made by you. Copying guides isn't good and if a guide is modified by you for our device then link to original thread should be included.
    • Any, tricks(not promoting or discussing warez), tips, suggestion, etc which are not created already by someone else
    • Any app made or not made by you belongs in this section and not development section.

Threads which do not belong to General Section:

• Any... ANY type of Question. Ask in this thread or create a thread here
    • Any question about a certain ROM, kernel, mod, tool, etc. Ask in their respective thread.
    • 10 post spams. Posts simply done to increase post count to 10 to remove posting restriction. Mind it, it is against the rules and I will NOT hesistate to report you.
    • A thread covering up things already discussed in pre-existing thread. We don't where it is, just find it and post it there. And take help of your best friend google
    • Requests and suggestions for ROMs. Suggest in their respective threads please
    • Kanged items and Warez. . Actually, they don't belong to whole forum. Someone who posts it is r*t*rd enough to ignore the rules or not read them.

3. Development Section:

These things belong to development section:

• ROM made by YOU
    • Kernel made by YOU
    • Tool made by YOU
    • ROM ported by YOU
    • All of these things should be tested by you
    • No KANGS(Copying other person's work without permission and/or posting it with/without credits)

What does not belong to this section:

• QUESTIONS
    • Anything other than what belongs in this section

Things what you need:

ROOT, CWM and UNBRICK Tutorial

Another Root, Unbrick and flashing tutorial

Easier Rooting Method

ROMs and Kernels for the device

Most Stable, Best, fastest ROM for this device

Anyone is calling you noob

You want to understand what noob is?

Want to know what is the difference between noob and newbie?

Want to know how to use XDA?

ALL IN ONE --->

Read this thread first

Click on Click to Show Content

So you are tired of being called a noob

or

Why do people keep calling me a noob?

First and most important, read this New User Guide

Take a second and read this.

== As quoted from Urban Dictionary ==

Noob

A. INTRO
    I. What is this?
    II. Defining 'Noob'

B. COMMON NOOB CHARACTERISTICS
    I. Noobish
    II. Where to find noobs
    III. Behavior of noobs
    IV. Noob religion
    V. More about noob habitats

C. AVOIDING NOOBS
    I. Make sure you aren't one
    II. Major noob avoiding strategies

------------------------

A. INTRO

I. What is this?
    This guide is designed to give you a better understanding of what a noob is, how to recognize them, some details about them, and how to avoid or get rid of them. It mostly applies to online forums, which are the main targets of migrating noobs.

II. Defining 'Noob'
    Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of disrespect toward them, and it's often hella funny, but I will refer to them as noobs during this reading.

* Usually the topic at hand on an internet forum.

B. COMMON NOOB CHARACTERISTICS

I. Noobish
    Often, but not always, noobs will attempt to communicate in their own primitive language, known as "n00bish." It is a variant of the hacker language that exposes them as having little intelligence or will to learn. Here is an example of some noobish. Do not attempt to comprehend it: it cannot be discerned without professionals at hand.

stFU /../..an, i r teh r0xx0rz liek emin3m, u cna go tO EHLL OR ATLE4St help m3 wit hthIS!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

Although you may find this unbelievably funny and/or annoying, it is best to restrain yourself and keep from talking back to them, as they are very territorial and easily angered. This will result in their attempted verbal abuse of you, possibly backed up by other noobs, because they work in packs when doing offensive tasks. It is not an easy task to learn this language because our intelligent accent will keep it from sounding quite right when spoken. You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly.

II. Where to find n00bs
    On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies. THE BANNER HAMMER is one form of authority.

Larger colonies can result in the mutation of some into spammers. Not commercial spammers, but pointless spammers. A noob can become one of these at any point, but the larger the amount of noobs, the more chance pointless spammers will appear.

Off the internet, noobs appear anywhere the focus is on learning or discussing something specific.

III. Behavior of noobs
    Since noobs are basically ignorant bastards, they have a lot in common. The most often seen characteristic is their fluency in noobish, which is why it got its own section. They will also be very self confident as if they were the absolute best at what they are in fact the worst at. Also, they are quite agressive and self-centered, and tend to laugh a lot using many L's and O's in rapid sucession (the noobish word for laughing like an ultimate retard).

It is their instinct to assemble in packs for defense, and they often attempt to organize packs that they call teams. Unfortunately for them, teams usually result in a total loss of communication and they can often begin to fight amongst each other. These teams are quite unlike those formed by non-noobs.

Noobs have difficulty reading English and cannot comprehend the idea of authority.

Therefore, they have an all-out disregard for rules, basic or not. A good way to identify a noob (bad) vs. a newb (good) is to tell them (or have an authority tell them) which rule they are unknowingly breaking. If they respond with an apology and fix it, they are probably not a noob. If they react by insulting everything around them in rapid noobish and causing general mayhem, it is because they are a noob and have had a small seizure due to their inability to understand what is happening.

IV. Noob Religion
    Noobs follow a variation of the 1337 (sometimes 7331) religion, in which they worship the number in odd rituals and put altars in their forum avatars and signatures. They often call themselves 1337, which experts say is somewhat like calling themselves godly in a human language. It's best to not interfere with their religious fantasies and practices because that can lead to a noob uprising, which can turn a forum to mush in less than a week.

V. More about noob habitats
    Noobs often attempt to maintain their own web pages. Some common features of these lairs are a terrible lack of content, background music, lots of pointless animated gifs, and pages that say some variation of 'tHEir isnothinG H34r yEtt LOLLOLOL!111!1!!~~~!!`! 13371337', which means 'Nothing here yet' in noobish.

They will also have large, seemingly infinite marquees of 88X31 affiliate buttons replaced with red X's scattered here and there, and possibly a hit counter showing a number less than 100. These habitats are numerous but fairly easy to avoid because only noobs link to them. So if you can identify a noob, don't go to its homepage. Simple as that.

C. AVOIDING NOOBS

I. Make sure you aren't one
    Note: This section is bilingual so even noobs can make the discovery if they haven't already.

English (T4lk)-

Read the above parts of this guide carefully. If you find yourself unable to comprehend any of it but are instead beginning to think about how great you are and how awesome 'teh 1337' is, you might want to take one of the many available online quizzes to check your noobancy.

Noobish (133713371337)- Liek, u gott4 re3D teh gudieCAREFUl1y and tehn OMG LIEK I AM R0XX0RZ ya anD ify 0u turn into teh reTARDED u gota go 2 MY WEBP4GE LOLLOLOL!!111~11 ad check 4 warez n stfuu. if u r a n00b go2HELL LOLLOLOlROFLMFAO11!!!11!!!! a/s/l pos gtg n00b suxx0rz ur b0xx0rz OLOOOLOLLLL HELP HELP HELP 1337133713371337

II. Major noob avoiding strategies
    The main factor in attracting migrating herds of noobs is a large, active forum. If you find one of these, look to see if it has the management to avoid noob infestation. If not, look for a small or mid-sized forum that covers the same topic so you can enjoy your time there before the noobs find it.

Another way to keep noobs from interfering with your life is to become part of the authority on one of these forums. But that's often hard to do so you'll probably be better off avoiding larger forums first off. If you do manage to become part of the authority, however, take full advantage of it and establish extermination policies so that normal people can have a nice time without noob infestations.

So how can I change this?​

Please try some of the following

1) Using the "Search All Forums" found at the top right of XDAs main forum page

XDA%20Search%20All%20Forums.PNG

enter your search criteria in the search box. Be short and precise ex: HTC One X USB drivers

Search through the hits you get.

2) Try Let me Google that for you
    Arrow%20left1.gif
    (Link)

Google%20search%20that.PNG

Be clear in your question's

Describe your situation, in brief. Do not add expletives as this is an area of how you set the mood of your question.

ex: My stupid phone won't boot after I flashed this version.

This buys you nothing and will gain you the noob identity.

This would be better stated as such

I was able to install the new (whatever it is you installed) however, after the reboot I only have my boot screen. Here are the steps I took. Please help me understand what I did wrong and how can I fix this This will gain you a much better answer and if you've found the right person, you should get the help you need. If you feel you are being bullied, Use the steps found here {Guide} Getting a Moderators help

GoodLuck.jpg

Introduction

I made this thread as I felt the need of having one in our section as our device is much different from the main section devices and many things from Themes and Apps section won't work here.

Also, there also need to be an off-topic discussion thread of newbies and developers that SHOULD reduce the flooding of General Section. Also, it would be easier for new users to complete their 10 posts.

So here

#Your opinions, chats, suggestions, tips, etc which can help other users. No flaming needed.
    #Your discoveries. Don't post other's work as yours
    #No need of using this thread as political or social or religious topic gossip

Hope this thread doesn't die and newbies use it and let the general section remain clean and full of genuine questions, guides and other much useful stuffs

Regards

A noob
    Hall of Fame

The following XDA members have contributed a lot for our Ace s5830i
    So, they deserve their names in Hall of Fame

Note: The listing is definitely not based on rank of members, please don't compare the credibility of them. No one is best and no one is worst.

bieltv.3

*First Source Build of CM7 for our device and several stabilising modifications

prototype-U

*First CM7 compatible kernel for our device
    *Another CM7 built from source

Rafael.Baugis

*First and most popular stable kernel for our device
    *New CM7 kernel

SpaceCaker

*Several helps in stabilising of CM7

rajrocks

*First deodex ROM
    *First AWESOME ROM Razodroid for our device

dominic76

*Several deodex ROMs
    *Simplicity ROM Original Chef

Alucard1989pl

*First 15 Toggles and 6 lockscreens for multiple firmwares
    *Several other helps and informations in other ROMs

-HellRaiser-

*Several helps in matters
    *Task Manager for CM7

abhi922

*Master cook
    *Made most no. of ROMs till 28th March 2013
    *Simplicity v2, v3, v3.5, v4, v5 (Ultimate edition)
    *iOs ROM
    *Xperia ROM
    *ROM Cooking Guide
    *Lockscreen Guide
    *Wallpaper apk editing guide; etc

iamareebjamal (Me :p)

*Mostly Theming
    *Themed for Razodroid(ICS BOOST) , Jelly Blast v3(JELLY BLAST UPGRADED) , Simplicity v5(Galactic Intervention Mod, S3 Ripple Mod v1, S3 Dandelion Mod v2, Metrosphere Theme)
    *Cosmic Mod init.d tweaks
    *ROM Tools v1, v2 and v3
    *ADB and logcat easiest guide
    *Theming on phone easiest guide
    *Ultimate Guide
    *Reset Android password Guide
    *Amazing Audio Update
    *Script to mount sd-ext at boot; etc

Styrke

*Ported Jelly Blast v3
    *Ported amarulzz data2sd-ext and cronmod script

GermainZ

*Several helps in various threads
    *Currently maintainer of GingerDX and CM7
    *App maker: ButtonLED
    *Script maker : Getevent to sendevent, etc

Charging stops when it reaches 100% level.. Modern smartphones' batteries are made of same Lithium that makes up laptop batteries, so I don't think overcharging harms them.
    Deoedexed roms are ones wich has .odex files deleted thus saves internal memory space(correct me if I'm wrong)
    Rafael kernel is better than stock ones because it provides support for many useful features like Over/under clocking, swap memory,more CPU governors and much more(see rafael kernel's features list)..
    Hope this helps, if it does don't forget to Press the thanks button
    :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda app-developers app
    Areeb , you know why you are the most hated people on the forums ? You aren't noob friendly which most of the users lately are :laugh:
    - You always are against xda users's ideas.
    - You always offend noobs by telling them "Noobs" :silly: lol xD
    - You always are arrogant.
    - You always make people sad when they see your thanks meter :p etc... etc....

These are just some reasons of being hated on these forums. ( JUST SOME ;) :p )

- I just remind people rules of xda. I was never against any ideas of people and welcome them. People who PM me for questions and requests will know.
    - I have never ever addressed to a a person as noob in far past and near future.
    - I am arrogant!? Dude, I may be that kind of person on fb because there is no rule there and height of people's IQ is well... I am not arrogant. Arrogant is a person who either tells I am best or doesn't let user take his work, etc. My work is open and commutative. A person doesn't even require permission to use my work, just credits. I say sorry when there wasn't even my mistake (Galaxy Y section Ultimate Guide), I give any knowledge I have in general for the betterment of community publicly as guides whereas other members refrain to do so. I want to make it easy and fast for people to be what I am today. The person Flamerstorm got with me into one more fight before and 3 days later gave me his framework.jar to add platlogo text. Without a stint of anger and rudeness, I took and decompiled it and found that there is no classes.dex, at this point also have I been arrogant have said to him that yours is not deodexed and I am not able to do it but I searched and found a solution and applied it and gave it back to him. Same thing for several other users. People request me to theme their framework, despite having genuine reason of slow connection, I do it. I ask questions to newbies which one arrogant bastard can't do. I wasted 2 weeks fixing your SystemUI.apk even when I wasn't using your ROM. Nobody told me how to reduce the path width of lockscreen. Why? Because they were the few who knew it and wanted every person to ask from them separately and they didn't tell me saying that it's exclusive (Dude, nothing in android is exclusive). I found it myself and on that same day made a guide about it. If I was arrogant, then I would have also kept it secret and teased people about it and enjoy people begging to me for help. Me and arrogant are two disjoint sets whose intersection is phi.
    - Now its my mistake that I have been helping people and doing work for different ROMs and making guides and mods and people are thanking me.