[READ] Official info about Marshmallow and 5.1.1 for P8lite

Search This thread

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
Hello guys
so I asked the Huawei Mobile (Poland, on facebook fanpage) about the update on our phone and they said:

- work on update 5.1.1 is stopped because they have already started preparing update to android 6.0
- Marshmallow for P8lite will be released in this quarter of the year.
(my assumption is the end of the march)

if anyone needs a proof:
EhCWFmp.png

gl with polish ;p

Last edited:

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
WIll the branded versions get 6.0? I have t-mobile one.

Most probably - yes. However you will have to wait few more weeks after no-brand version is released.

That's because brands make their own additions to the roms and after they do so, package with rom has to be certified which also takes some time.
This step depends on your brand only.

I got my P8Lite from polish Orange brand but I see no operator extras so maybe I will get update the same day eu version is released.

Last edited:

amarildo.rajta

Nov 2, 2013
Sweden
I confirm that!
I have contacted via facebook Huawei Mobile Sweden and Italy. Both said that the Marshmallow will come to P8 Lite, though they didn't specify any time. I've also read that Huawei Austria replied to someone via twitter confirming the update as well.
Anyways I hope that it happens like they said to you, in the first 2016 quarter :)

Vika__

Oct 19, 2015
Kangasala
Hi, i asked about Marshmallow update from Huawei finland by email. They answered that they are trying to get it out on February but they don't know day yet. I asked something 'bout beta but they didn't answered to it. Proof (in finnish ofcourse :) )

Attachments

• 1453123490430.jpg
    1453123490430.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 759
Mar 16, 2015
I just fired off an email to Huawei Australia to see about when the ALE-L02 variant from Telstra could see the update, seeing as Telstra are the worst when it comes to releasing updates on time rather than 6 months later like with their branded Samsung phones. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later

subaru728

Dec 12, 2013
I have beta android 5.1 for Huawei p8 lite and it is terrible, battery discharge so fast.. Ram is too bad. I look forward to new version ?

Schematic

Jun 27, 2014
Will they add auto focus in camera while recording? Will they fix the GPS and compass issues?
Thats what we need to know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys
    so I asked the Huawei Mobile (Poland, on facebook fanpage) about the update on our phone and they said:

- work on update 5.1.1 is stopped because they have already started preparing update to android 6.0
    - Marshmallow for P8lite will be released in this quarter of the year.
    (my assumption is the end of the march)

if anyone needs a proof:
    EhCWFmp.png

gl with polish ;p
    Hi, i asked about Marshmallow update from Huawei finland by email. They answered that they are trying to get it out on February but they don't know day yet. I asked something 'bout beta but they didn't answered to it. Proof (in finnish ofcourse :) )

Nice info :)

(Finland <3)