[Ready]Lollipop Root

Search This thread

Deltastylez

Aug 18, 2014
Twrp is already here, just download it from the official website and flash it trough Odin. As of supersu, I tried to flash the latest beta, but it got me into a bootloop.

TimurAlaskara_TR

Oct 14, 2014
Turkey-Ankara // Germany-Hamburg
Last edited:

Mr.Bola

Jun 26, 2013
Everytime Everywhere
Mr Chainfire doesn't make superuser for any samsung 5.1.1 devices because kernel is selinux enforcing(always block root) we need to make root compatible kernel and flash with cwm

bubenking

Jan 11, 2015
Mr Chainfire doesn't make superuser for any samsung 5.1.1 devices because kernel is selinux enforcing(always block root) we need to make root compatible kernel and flash with cwm

ok this will be hard... ther isnt cf-autoroot and the superSU.zip causes bootloop. Did anyone smth like kernel modding?... isnt there any other way.??..

btw recovery is working fine i will try to port some Galaxy A8 apps (flashable in zip since there isnt any other option to replace apk without root) lets see....

TimurAlaskara_TR

Oct 14, 2014
ok this will be hard... ther isnt cf-autoroot and the superSU.zip causes bootloop. Did anyone smth like kernel modding?... isnt there any other way.??..

btw recovery is working fine i will try to port some Galaxy A8 apps (flashable in zip since there isnt any other option to replace apk without root) lets see....

how will u get the base apks without root? from odin package?

Mr.Bola

Jun 26, 2013
Everytime Everywhere

I will search another root ways. Twrp work n750 or n7505?

Reactions: bubenking

TimurAlaskara_TR

Oct 14, 2014
When I flashed twrp-2.8.7.0-hlltexx-4.4.img with odin 3.09, I have this error text 'recovery is not seandroid enforcing' on left side and opened to stock recovery :/
Edit: When disabled auto-reboot in Odin, it work :D

cool bro i am now about making a systemdump will also upload the kernel when its done but upload speed is slow lol
edit systemdump successfully done
now uploading
will open new thread when its uploadad :D

Last edited:

TimurAlaskara_TR

Oct 14, 2014
ok i know what we have to do in order to get a rootable kernel:
we need to build a kernel with selinux permissive mode instead of enforcing mode
i am downloading the kernel sources for n7505 LP ~150mb 15kb/s server :eek:
found this cool guide http://graemehill.ca/compiling-permissive-android-kernel/ which looks simple
so if this will work we will get root before end of 2015

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modified boot image for 5.1.1 firmware

Upon request from another member I have modified the SM-N7505 5.1.1 N7505OXADOK2 boot.img to allow root on Samsung root restricted kernels.

UPDATE: SM-T705 N750XXUDOK5 boot.img added

This is a stock SELinux enforced kernel, untested as I dont own this device. Ensure you have a full back up with TWRP BEFORE proceeding.

Install instructions:

Download this - SM-N7505_boot_5.1.1.zip

or this SM-N750_boot_5.1.1.zip

Extract the boot.img from the zip then flash as an image with TWRP.

Reboot, ensure your device boots OK then flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip with TWRP.

Hopefully you now have root. :)

Cwm, kernel and root files is ready :) Check this posts:
    Cwm
    Kernel & Root
    I compiled the Cyanogen Recovery with the Lollipop Kernel successfully,
    i will test all and upload it later :)

Update: Compiled twrp and testing :)

TWRP 2.8.7.0 for SM-N7505 5.1.1 -> http://d-h.st/2z8e
    I just tested the backup/restore and its working.
    The rest is untested!

Flash on your own risk!

Untick "Auto Reboot" in Odin and restart manually
    ok i know what we have to do in order to get a rootable kernel:
    we need to build a kernel with selinux permissive mode instead of enforcing mode
    i am downloading the kernel sources for n7505 LP ~150mb 15kb/s server :eek:
    found this cool guide http://graemehill.ca/compiling-permissive-android-kernel/ which looks simple
    so if this will work we will get root before end of 2015
    So after we get a recovery we could root our neos by flashing superuser.zip v 2.46... just wait till there is twrp :) :)