[Ready]Lollipop Root

Search This thread
Thanks ashyx for your support

Thanks ashyx for your support

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

when i select to flash the boot.img file from twrp it told me if i want flash recovery or boot. what i have to select?

leroyl

Jan 8, 2015
Amiens
Hello !

Works fine on my 7505 5.1.1 !
Installing different but it works .

Sorry but I'm french , thank you google trad' ;)

Fr3d_

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.8 KB · Views: 162

Ruuu

Mar 12, 2015
i did that untick thing but still its cmg recovery is not seandroid enforcing.
what to do?
:crying:

Last edited:

alltologin

Sep 10, 2014
root N750

Does this twrp work n3n N750 ?
Can use the philz_hl3g_build4.tar (for N750 4.4.2) for N750 5.1.1 ?

thank y,

Ruuu

Mar 12, 2015
Does this twrp work n3n N750 ?
Can use the philz_hl3g_build4.tar (for N750 4.4.2) for N750 5.1.1 ?

thank y,

No you cant. You need to use twrp only for n3n 5.1.1

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

i flashed the twrp recovery then flashed boot.img via twrp and flashed supersu.zip via twrp, now my phone reboots showing 'kernel is not seandroid enforcing' first it appears in red color then turns blue and phone keeps on rebooting. please help me!!!!!!:crying::crying:

Mr.Bola

Jun 26, 2013
Everytime Everywhere
No you cant. You need to use twrp only for n3n 5.1.1

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

i flashed the twrp recovery then flashed boot.img via twrp and flashed supersu.zip via twrp, now my phone reboots showing 'kernel is not seandroid enforcing' first it appears in red color then turns blue and phone keeps on rebooting. please help me!!!!!!:crying::crying:

When you are flashed too boot.img, tap to reboot system now/do not install. After to first boot open to twrp and flash supersu. Kernel isn't selinux text isn't deleted on this kernel.

Ruuu

Mar 12, 2015
When you are flashed too boot.img, tap to reboot system now/do not install. After to first boot open to twrp and flash supersu. Kernel isn't selinux text isn't deleted on this kernel.

I don't understand. Now I wiped my phone and installed 5.1.1 lollipop again! What should I do now to get proper root. Without any errors such as recovery isn't seandroid enforcing or bootloop.

bonsaisushi

Nov 22, 2013
I've installed the recovery, but the boot.img can't seems to be finded

I've installed the recovery from odin, but can't seem to work for me, this happens

>Reboot into recovery
>Recovery not seandroid enforced (red and blue)
>Click on apply update from External Storage
>Go to "Root Folder"
>Here I can see the bootimage.zip, but can't see the unzipped file, boot.img (yes, I did extract it)

Am I doing something wrong?
I used the recovery in the OP with Odin, and put both boot.img and SuperSU in the SD card ("Root Folder")

Mr.Bola

Jun 26, 2013
Everytime Everywhere
I've installed the recovery from odin, but can't seem to work for me, this happens

>Reboot into recovery
>Recovery not seandroid enforced (red and blue)
>Click on apply update from External Storage
>Go to "Root Folder"
>Here I can see the bootimage.zip, but can't see the unzipped file, boot.img (yes, I did extract it)

Am I doing something wrong?
I used the recovery in the OP with Odin, and put both boot.img and SuperSU in the SD card ("Root Folder")

In root folder bottom right corner tap to zip/img button

Mr.Bola

Jun 26, 2013
Everytime Everywhere
I don't understand. Now I wiped my phone and installed 5.1.1 lollipop again! What should I do now to get proper root. Without any errors such as recovery isn't seandroid enforcing or bootloop.

You are always see to "recovery isn't seandroid enforcing" :/
Install twrp and flash kernel make reboot system in twrp ( if ask are you want to install superuser choise to do not install)
After first boot go to twrp and flash supersu :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modified boot image for 5.1.1 firmware

Upon request from another member I have modified the SM-N7505 5.1.1 N7505OXADOK2 boot.img to allow root on Samsung root restricted kernels.

UPDATE: SM-T705 N750XXUDOK5 boot.img added

This is a stock SELinux enforced kernel, untested as I dont own this device. Ensure you have a full back up with TWRP BEFORE proceeding.

Install instructions:

Download this - SM-N7505_boot_5.1.1.zip

or this SM-N750_boot_5.1.1.zip

Extract the boot.img from the zip then flash as an image with TWRP.

Reboot, ensure your device boots OK then flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip with TWRP.

Hopefully you now have root. :)

Cwm, kernel and root files is ready :) Check this posts:
    Cwm
    Kernel & Root
    I compiled the Cyanogen Recovery with the Lollipop Kernel successfully,
    i will test all and upload it later :)

Update: Compiled twrp and testing :)

TWRP 2.8.7.0 for SM-N7505 5.1.1 -> http://d-h.st/2z8e
    I just tested the backup/restore and its working.
    The rest is untested!

Flash on your own risk!

Untick "Auto Reboot" in Odin and restart manually
    ok i know what we have to do in order to get a rootable kernel:
    we need to build a kernel with selinux permissive mode instead of enforcing mode
    i am downloading the kernel sources for n7505 LP ~150mb 15kb/s server :eek:
    found this cool guide http://graemehill.ca/compiling-permissive-android-kernel/ which looks simple
    so if this will work we will get root before end of 2015
    So after we get a recovery we could root our neos by flashing superuser.zip v 2.46... just wait till there is twrp :) :)