Ready made Leanback Icons and Shortcuts for "regular" Android Apps

Search This thread

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
Leanback Shortcut Icons

I've made some logos to use with custom Leanback Launcher shortcuts to "regular" Android apps, using Android TV App Launcher Builder, and I though I'd share them with the XDA community. Maybe you got some more icons to add?

I use Paint.NET, so the project files are .PDN. These are mostly 1920x1080p. I also share the PNG used in the Leanback shortcuts, these must be 320x180.

To view WebP and SVG I used Paint.NET FileTypes Plugins:

I'll also share the actual Android TV App Launcher Builder generated shortcut files. These are small APKs pointing to the actual app on the console.

PNGs are losslessly compressed with Pinga, to reduse output size of the APKs. 16gb Shield TV, every KB counts.. ;)

List of icons I've made
Apps that still don't have leanback shortcut by default

Apps that now has leanback icon by default

Download

Changelog
  • 180603 - New icons for "Google Home", "Get TV", "Firefox", "Firefox Focus" and "Yr".
  • 180510 - Added "Google Maps Go"

Last edited:

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
Can anyone on the 7.0 nVidia Shield Experience Update please tell me if these leanback shortcuts are still functional?
I'm still on 6.3, but if they break on 7.0 I will not continue to create/ maintain these icons.

Edit: Yeah, they're still functional on Android TV Oreo.

Last edited:

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
Confirmed still working with FLauncher on Android 11 / Experience Upgrade 9.0.0. Mainly to make some icons look better. :)

Reactions: DuneBug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leanback Shortcut Icons

I've made some logos to use with custom Leanback Launcher shortcuts to "regular" Android apps, using Android TV App Launcher Builder, and I though I'd share them with the XDA community. Maybe you got some more icons to add?

I use Paint.NET, so the project files are .PDN. These are mostly 1920x1080p. I also share the PNG used in the Leanback shortcuts, these must be 320x180.

To view WebP and SVG I used Paint.NET FileTypes Plugins:

I'll also share the actual Android TV App Launcher Builder generated shortcut files. These are small APKs pointing to the actual app on the console.

PNGs are losslessly compressed with Pinga, to reduse output size of the APKs. 16gb Shield TV, every KB counts.. ;)

List of icons I've made
    Apps that still don't have leanback shortcut by default

Apps that now has leanback icon by default

Download

Changelog
    • 180603 - New icons for "Google Home", "Get TV", "Firefox", "Firefox Focus" and "Yr".
    • 180510 - Added "Google Maps Go"
    Confirmed still working with FLauncher on Android 11 / Experience Upgrade 9.0.0. Mainly to make some icons look better. :)