General Real life radio results

Search This thread

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am hoping the radio is much better than the p6p. Has anyone found specs on the radio? Edit: hopefully my title isn't too misleading. Apologies mods

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I am hoping the radio is much better than the p6p. Has anyone found specs on the radio? Edit: hopefully my title isn't too misleading. Apologies mods
Google hasn't offered any info yet, there is just the leak/romour that the P7 Pro will use a new/unannounced Samsung Exynos 5300 modem.

According to

"GS201 chip will feature a – currently unreleased – Samsung modem with the model number “g5300b.” For comparison, the Pixel 6 lists its modem as “g5123b,” which is the Exynos Modem 5123. Given the model number, we believe Google’s second-generation Tensor chip will have the Exynos Modem 5300"

Since Google doesn't offer any info on their website about the modem, we'll probably have to wait for a teardown/review where the modem either gets read out in software, or someone takes the phone apart and can tell us what's inside.

Linuxkek

May 29, 2019
Thx god I read that! Thats the reason why I don't buy a Samsung device here.

bartolo5

Dec 1, 2010
Well, we know it has a "Samsung Exynos Modem 5300g" whatever that means. It's the next rev of the same modem from last year. After the latest updates the 5100 modem was working ok, although 5G battery life was atrocious (which is on par of this 2019ish chipset).

Hopefully the Samsung modem team has improved 5G battery and at least you'll have a working modem that while it's not state of the art, people can't complain too much.

Linuxkek

May 29, 2019
So shut off 5G then. It's a battery hog and not needed for 95%+ of us anyway.

To be clear, it's not just Samsung modems that suck with 5G. My Qualcomm X60 in my OnePlus 9 has 5G disabled because of battery drain, data stall, and heat issues as well.
I use only LTE the last few years cuz we got 5G over DSS which is 4G.
Maybe you wanna read a lil bit

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
So I just got my 7 Pro and I checked my signal strength compared to my 6 Pro with the same sim card in the same spot. What I can say is this. The 7 seems to have a much more stable connection. I watched the signal strength for about a minute and I saw the 6 bounce around from -107 to -112 dBm. The 7 consistently stayed at -107dBm. Can't really tell if there's any difference in real world usage yet but these are the findings I have so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have so many questions right now. Finally got this phone hooked up to ShannonDM and there's a ton of hidden menus. Just the tip of the iceberg.

n70 not enabled yet but somehow n13 is? A Release 15 phone advertising a Release 17 band. I don't get it.

photo_5177096236946270838_x.jpg
    The 7 pro modem may not be spectacular, but it's been worlds better for me than my 6 pro. I didn't lose signal once all day at work yesterday on the 7 pro, where I used to have to reset my connection at least once every couple hours on my 6 pro. I just drove to a particularly bad spot that usually gives me borderline unusable signal on the 6 pro and did a side-by-side. Surprisingly I actually got some usable signal on the 6 pro (must be because I was there earlier than usual with less mobile congestion), but still my 7 pro signal was noticeably more stable/faster. Obviously not everyone will have the same experience as I do, but safe to say I'm pleased 😁
    Still old compared to the Snapdragon X65
    it's also old compared to the Snapdragon X100000
    So I just got my 7 Pro and I checked my signal strength compared to my 6 Pro with the same sim card in the same spot. What I can say is this. The 7 seems to have a much more stable connection. I watched the signal strength for about a minute and I saw the 6 bounce around from -107 to -112 dBm. The 7 consistently stayed at -107dBm. Can't really tell if there's any difference in real world usage yet but these are the findings I have so far.
    -98 dBm in my living room on my Note 10 Plus.
    -84 dBm in my living room on my Pixel 7 Pro.

Both with the same Vodafone UK sim card.

All good as far as I'm concerned
    I have so many questions right now. Finally got this phone hooked up to ShannonDM and there's a ton of hidden menus. Just the tip of the iceberg.

n70 not enabled yet but somehow n13 is? A Release 15 phone advertising a Release 17 band. I don't get it.

photo_5177096236946270838_x.jpg