• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Really bizarre smiley face question

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hey guys. i was going to mod my framework-res.apk to change my emoticon pictures and well they are already smiley faces but yet in messaging and any other app it shows the green android dude. I dont want that i want standard yellow smiley faces and in my framework-res.apk thats exactly what i have. Where could it be getting these other emoticons from? Im so terribly confused

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Hey guys. i was going to mod my framework-res.apk to change my emoticon pictures and well they are already smiley faces but yet in messaging and any other app it shows the green android dude. I dont want that i want standard yellow smiley faces and in my framework-res.apk thats exactly what i have. Where could it be getting these other emoticons from? Im so terribly confused

Try wiping your davlik cache.. just an idea not sure if it will work or not..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Try wiping your davlik cache.. just an idea not sure if it will work or not..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Thanks Kyle! I actually found that the images were in the mms.apk and I successfully changed them it just didn't do what I want xP I was hoping the my yearbook app accessed the default Smileys but it must have it's own built in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk