• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Really Q

Search This thread

AndroidKing93

Apr 18, 2015
I always ask myself why there is many many Roms ????!!!!
every Rom has the same Launcher with same dialer with same apps . Just own logo and bootanimation and 3th party app .
So why ??????

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
I always ask myself why there is many many Roms ????!!!!
every Rom has the same Launcher with same dialer with same apps . Just own logo and bootanimation and 3th party app .
So why ??????
they may look similar on the interface and apps because they are based on AOSP or CAF
but what is going on internally is differant depending on the team and their sources ...

take for exp RRos and Lineage , even if RR is based on LOS they are completly differant (may have similar apps) but RRos have customisation for days while LOS have almost none

AndroidKing93

Apr 18, 2015
they may look similar on the interface and apps because they are based on AOSP or CAF
but what is going on internally is differant depending on the team and their sources ...

take for exp RRos and Lineage , even if RR is based on LOS they are completly differant (may have similar apps) but RRos have customisation for days while LOS have almost none
Ok thats for Big Rom Like Lineage or RR... But what about others ??!! We have More than 20 roms for our device