Realme 5 Pro EU version downgrade to Android 9?

Search This thread

fearfactory79

Mar 29, 2021
Hello all, i have a Realme 5 Pro Eu version running the latest RMX1971_11_C.12 firmware but in 2020 after the Android 10/ColorOS 7 update, i had some issues. The battery drains faster, i lost the FM radio app and sometimes the fingerprint sensor does not work. I know there's an offical Realme rom to downgrade to Android 9 but i think it's from a different region (India?). I can't use a different region rom, right? On the Realme Europe support page, the roms are "RMX1971EU" but the offical Android 9 rollback back it's "RMX1971EX_11_OTA_2010_all" . What's the difference between EU and EX roms?

Thank you

Last edited:

fearfactory79

Mar 29, 2021
I changed the region of my phone from EU to "Multilingual Version EX" with this method https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dated-instructions-now-working-again.4143415/ and it worked because after rebooting i got the Theme Store and the FM Radio app again.

After that i flashed the phone with the official Realme 5 Pro Android 9 rollback rom and it worked too :) . I'm back to Android 9/Color 6 and both theme store and FM radio app remained. Now i'm on firmware RMX1971EX_11_A.20

So now let's see if both my battery drain and fingerprint sensor problems are solved. I think now i can unlock the bootloader too. Well, If you have an EU Realme phone and you want to change region for some reason, this method works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-02-15-15-01-62.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-02-15-15-01-62.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

SupremeJaguar

Oct 31, 2013
I changed the region of my phone from EU to "Multilingual Version EX" with this method https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dated-instructions-now-working-again.4143415/ and it worked because after rebooting i got the Theme Store and the FM Radio app again.

After that i flashed the phone with the official Realme 5 Pro Android 9 rollback rom and it worked too :) . I'm back to Android 9/Color 6 and both theme store and FM radio app remained. Now i'm on firmware RMX1971EX_11_A.20

So now let's see if both my battery drain and fingerprint sensor problems are solved. I think now i can unlock the bootloader too. Well, If you have an EU Realme phone and you want to change region for some reason, this method works.
Thanks for this information, I tried this and it worked great, now I have call recording back :)