• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Realme GT 5G just turned off - now in bootloop

Search This thread

d4m4in

Apr 4, 2013
Hi,
Just few minutes ago my brand new phone just broke on me. I was holding it in my hand, locked screen, like minute later I tried to unlock it to no avail, screen just stayed black. There was a sound when I touched it by the fingerprint sensor, but no light up from behind the screen. I tried holding down power, then power+volume up, phone only vibrated, no reaction on the screen. I've connected it to the charger, and now it seems to be in bootloop - screen is turned off, and every few seconds phone vibrates. I've managed to somehow turn it back on once, phone booted to system, everytthing worked just fine, then I locked screen and it just stayed black, now I can't reproduce that, can't even turn it off, it's just vibrating every so often. Did it really brick in my hand? Software of Hardware? Everything worked just fine, maybe battery was draining a little bit too much for my taste, (15-20%/hour with screen on+lte/wifi) but 120Hz refresh rate+bright setting and AOD turned on 9am-9pm could do that. Do you guys have any suggestions, or I'm expecting trip to the service?

kavee.gauravjoshi

Nov 21, 2016
Pune, Maharashtra
Realme GT
Sorry, but i cannot guess any reason. I am stumped as this bootlooping shouldn't beb happening... Very strange. May be its better to show it to service center guys.

Btw, i had tried this on my previous android phone to shut it down, like a hard shutdown. I had pressed power + volume down + volume up keys together to shut it down completely. Basically by pressing all the 3 keys. If you want to try, you can try it. I have not tried it on my GT, but had used it on Oneplue 2 and Honor View 10.

Hope your issue gets resolved asap...

d4m4in

Apr 4, 2013
Okay, I've contacted support via livechat, they told me it's definetly just software glitch, and to resolve this I have to wipe dialer cache (?) and all system settings - I did it, everything worked just fine, but today, again, same thing happened. First time phone just died in my hand, second time it was while listening to music via Pulsar, today I was just sharing wifi as a hotspot, phone randomly broke connection and would not unlock, but still I could tell it was on, because of vibrations and sounds. Not a software glitch after all? If I manage to unlock it I'll just recover it to factory settings, we'll see if that helps, but I don't like the sound of that.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
What apps are -you- installing?
Launchers and power management apps are prime suspects...
Otherwise, mobo failure. It may be firmware but how far do you want to take it?
It should run fine out of the box.

d4m4in

Apr 4, 2013
Last time I played with launchers was with good old SGS about 5 years ago, only app out of ordinary was AccuBattery to check that SoT drain, but could it make such a damage without root privilages?