• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Realme GT 5G (RMX2202) Battery Capacity shows 3550 mAh instead of 4500 mAh

Search This thread
Hi all,

I just got my realme GT 5G (RMX2202) 12GB/256GB yesterday. Then, I have downloaded several phone/battery checkers apps and all of the apps show the same result, 3550 mAh instead of 4500. Below attached the data captured from DevCheck and AccuBattery (Remark: The 3rd image, design capacity shows 3550 mAh at first. I have changed it to 4500 mAh manually).

I need some professional advice on how to check my battery health and capacity accurately. If this is manufacturer defects then I have to return the order immediately.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-34-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-34-19.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_2021-07-17-14-01-53-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-17-14-01-53-32.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-51-61.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-51-61.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-41-79.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-17-10-10-41-79.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi all,

I just got my realme GT 5G (RMX2202) 12GB/256GB yesterday. Then, I have downloaded several phone/battery checkers apps and all of the apps show the same result, 3550 mAh instead of 4500. Below attached the data captured from DevCheck and AccuBattery (Remark: The 3rd image, design capacity shows 3550 mAh at first. I have changed it to 4500 mAh manually).

I need some professional advice on how to check my battery health and capacity accurately. If this is manufacturer defects then I have to return the order immediately.

Thank you.
This is a known software bug, please update your device to the newest version and check the stats again. For me, the system update solved this bug

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax.96
This is a known software bug, please update your device to the newest version and check the stats again. For me, the system update solved this bug
Updated to the latest version.
Thanks. Problem solved, but the battery drain quite fast. A round of PUBG with medium settings used up to 10% of my battery. Then, I found that my phone has no fast charge. May I know, how can I switch it on and off like Samsung devices?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-17-01-03-47-88.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-17-01-03-47-88.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: crows-zero

Ubuntu_Man

Jan 2, 2011
HP Touchpad
HTC EVO 3D
I have read a german review which states, that realme is faking their battery capacity - they have charged it with a 5V/2A charger and calculated the real capacity, which is indeed about 3500mAh.

is it possible, that this could be true?

I know that the WIFI6 problems had gone with a update, which got on the phones a few days ago, also I know that this phone thermal throttles and it then has a performance similar or lower than a snapdragon 865, is this also true?

I have read a german review which states, that realme is faking their battery capacity - they have charged it with a 5V/2A charger and calculated the real capacity, which is indeed about 3500mAh.

I know that the WIFI6 problems had gone with a update, which got on the phones a few days ago, also I know that this phone thermal throttles and it then has a performance similar or lower than a snapdragon 865, is this also true?
This review was released, before the system update came. It is solved, it was a software issue.

Can't say much to Wifi 6, but to the throttle and heat up design;

I benchmarked mine today 2 times with antutu and measured the temps, it won't get higher tgan 51° celsius for me. "CPU Throttling test" from playstore showed me a max. CPU usage of 80-85% at this temp, but it got really fast cool downed to 40° after a few minutes and the CPU usage went back to 90-95%

Reactions: Ubuntu_Man

samuk190

Jun 9, 2013
santo andré

No. There are several youtubers that did unassembly the phone, and the battery is original (double battery each with 30w charging capacity)
It is indeed 4500mah.

About the draining it will be gone in few days

Reactions: Ubuntu_Man

Ubuntu_Man

Jan 2, 2011
HP Touchpad
HTC EVO 3D
No. There are several youtubers that did unassembly the phone, and the battery is original (double battery each with 30w charging capacity)
It is indeed 4500mah.

ok, so one problem gone

This review was released, before the system update came. It is solved, it was a software issue.

I benchmarked mine today 2 times with antutu and measured the temps, it won't get higher tgan 51° celsius for me. "CPU Throttling test" from playstore showed me a max. CPU usage of 80-85% at this temp, but it got really fast cool downed to 40° after a few minutes and the CPU usage went back to 90-95%
but this means, that it is indeed throttling - so you have to actively cool it to use it at higher workloads.

There is still no development on this phone, is it? so no twrp, no custom roms etc....

samuk190

Jun 9, 2013
santo andré
ok, so one problem gone

but this means, that it is indeed throttling - so you have to actively cool it to use it at higher workloads.

There is still no development on this phone, is it? so no twrp, no custom roms etc....
No because there is no source code of the kernel.
If it had source code even myself could compile twrp easily.
Another thing.. Throtlling is not high in this phone if you compare to mi11 which slow down 40~50%
idk tbh

Reactions: Sony make.belive
ok, so one problem gone

Like samuk (post above me) already said, in comparison the CPU handle indeed the temperature better than it's opponents

@Sony make.belive I have questions about realme GT.

1st, Does your phone camera will go out of focus when you stay close to an object around 7cm+-?? Although I have clicked the screen to focus, the image still getting blur like this.

2nd, How to turn off Super Dart charge mode in realme GT?
Didn't took that much photos/videos on my GT, but yeah, the standard camera app is sh*t. I suggest to use gcam by urnyx:

On 4pda.to, post #3263 someone uploaded a .config file for gcam:

Sadly, I don't have an account there, so I can't provide a downloadlink nor share my experience with it.

You want to turn off super dart charge mode? Then just don't use the original charger or cable, that comes with it :)

Reactions: Jax.96
Didn't took that much photos/videos on my GT, but yeah, the standard camera app is sh*t. I suggest to use gcam by urnyx:

On 4pda.to, post #3263 someone uploaded a .config file for gcam:

Sadly, I don't have an account there, so I can't provide a downloadlink nor share my experience with it.

You want to turn off super dart charge mode? Then just don't use the original charger or cable, that comes with it :)
Thank you so much for your info bro. You have answered all my queries.
I bought this phone online. Then, check forums and the internet, not much info is provided other than phone reviews. You helped me a lot. Thank you.

Reactions: Sony make.belive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thank you.
    Updated to the latest version.
    Thanks. Problem solved, but the battery drain quite fast. A round of PUBG with medium settings used up to 10% of my battery. Then, I found that my phone has no fast charge. May I know, how can I switch it on and off like Samsung devices?

It is indeed 4500mah.

ok, so one problem gone

No because there is no source code of the kernel.
    If it had source code even myself could compile twrp easily.
    Another thing.. Throtlling is not high in this phone if you compare to mi11 which slow down 40~50%
    idk tbh