How To Guide Realme GT Neo 2T (RMX3357) Guide for BL Unlock/Root/Debloat/Android Auto/Hey Google

Search This thread

Andy_men2

Feb 28, 2021

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_082900.jpg
    IMG_20220513_082900.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
On initial reading I can see that a scatter file itself does not contain any malware code, but as a general rule of thumb on internet, always proceed with cautions with downloaded files, for example, using online virus scan service to scan the files before usage.

Hope everyone has a safe flashing.

Reactions: MatinatorX

Locb

Jul 18, 2012
Hi! i can confirm that Andy_men2 is a trusted and responsible member of 4pda community. He can help all of us with global rom.

dewidoj461

Apr 28, 2022
Thanks for the concern @MatinatorX, I did a checksum from the rar with the china rom you shared and it matched. Also, AFAIK the IMEI is stored in the NVRAM, so no concerns for me.

@Andy_men2
Here's the ROM files, hope you don't mind 7z compression.

EDIT: Here's the hash of the zip for verification
MD5 7A6203C3CCEE26092B7A7F4B7AD215CB
SHA-1 B0A82446D625B47C9C11F114720DF1E83B31BEEA
SHA-256 F266BE88375D80640579C1682FA7338CB24BE8DD82F5DE2446201F6E833E3D94
SHA-512 8A0D8F655055D47631942FE12F5707F8A4C48638584FA62A608AA2258F5858B30968E9112A93DB127671B9ADE4D253C69754A1F5938B6D88F2104ED62894DBC1

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_men2

Andy_men2

Feb 28, 2021
Thanks for the concern @MatinatorX, I did a checksum from the rar with the china rom you shared and it matched. Also, AFAIK the IMEI is stored in the NVRAM, so no concerns for me.

@Andy_men2

SHA-512 8A0D8F655055D47631942FE12F5707F8A4C48638584FA62A608AA2258F5858B30968E9112A93DB127671B9ADE4D253C69754A1F5938B6D88F2104ED62894DBC1
Firmware complete to flash all users!!!
Link:
{Mod edit: Link removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Locb

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Link:
@Andy_men2
Welcome to XDA! We're greatful that you share your knowledge.

However; I've removed the references to 4pda!

4pda is not only another phone related website (and not at all affiliated with xda-developers) but also well known for the distribution of malware and warez. Links to 4pda are not accepted on XDA.
XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

(...)

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@Andy_men2
I've removed the links from your above posts!

Regarding social media links please observe that as an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads and if thorough support is provided in the thread. These conditions obviously don't apply to your post. Additional information is also available here:

Thanks for your cooperation.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

MatinatorX

Oct 17, 2008
Just got a reply from Realme kernel team regarding kernel sources, they informed me they will be releasing the Android 12 kernel sources in Q4 of this year!

Reactions: Andy_men2

Boyza17702

Jun 28, 2022
<Moderator Edit>: English translation added to the top.
Q: After root I can't use wifi, how to fix?

Original:
ถาม: หลังจากรูท ฉันใช้ wifi ไม่ได้ วิธีแก้ไข

<Moderator Edit>: English translation added to the top.
Tried to fix it but it didn't work. can you explain

Original:
พยายามแก้ไขแต่ไม่ได้ผล คุณช่วยอธิบายได้ไหม

Managed to take a proper backup after reading the guide by mahotlov linked in your thread. Just let me know which files you'd need anytime and I'd be willing to share.

Edit: Wifi and bluetooth no longer works after flashing your magisk.img & vbmeta.img. Restored my backup and it works again, interesting
<Moderator Edit>: English translation added to the top, plus reverted the quote back to English.
I rooted realme gt neo 2t but found wifi not working, is there any solution? please help me

Original:
ฉันroot realme gt neo 2tแล้ว แต่พบว่า wifi ไม่สามารถ ใช้งานได้ มีวิธีแก้ไขหรือไม่ ได้โปรดช่วยฉันด้วย

Last edited by a moderator:

Boyza17702

Jun 28, 2022
จัดการเพื่อสำรองข้อมูลที่เหมาะสมหลังจากอ่านคำแนะนำโดย mahotlov ที่ลิงก์ในเธรดของคุณ เพียงแจ้งให้เราทราบว่าคุณต้องการไฟล์ใด และเรายินดีที่จะแบ่งปัน

แก้ไข: Wifi และบลูทู ธ ไม่ทำงานอีกต่อไปหลังจากแฟลช magisk.img & vbmeta.img ของคุณ กู้คืนข้อมูลสำรองของฉันแล้วใช้งานได้อีกครั้ง น่าสนใจ
ต้องการกู้คืน wifi และบลูทู ธ ของฉันให้ทำงานอีกครั้ง ฉันต้องทำอะไร?

Boyza17702

Jun 28, 2022
ผู้นำเพื่อเยียดเยียดอ่านคำโดย mahotlov ที่ลิงก์ในที่ยอดเยี่ยมของคุณเยีย...

เป้าหมาย: Wifi และ การทดสอบ เตือนสติ เป้าหมายคือ magisk.img & vbmeta.img ของคุณเตือนข้อมูลย้อนกลับแล้วสำรวจ ...

sashsz

Mar 24, 2022
No root debloat list that I use and updated recently, I am with the newest firmware.Adding here the list as well. Please note that I've removed gesture packages as I don't use them.

Attachments

• GTneo2Tdebloat_vUI_3.bat.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 29

LeQuocBao

Aug 9, 2022

@Andy_men2

What tool is the rom on flash using?

aacprime

Aug 16, 2015
Thanks for that google assistant guide. It still works on the latest update (C18), although I've noticed that you can skip installing busybox module because systemizer will work just fine even without it.

That said, there's still one issue with Google. Location history cannot be enabled at all, and trying to do so will result in error "There was a problem getting this setting. Please try again later."

Any solution for this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE - THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR THE REALME GT NEO 2T (RMX3357)

For the X7 Max or GT Neo/GT Neo Flash Edition, please refer to the excellent guide by @mahotlov found here.

(The X7 Max subforum seemed the best place for this guide, but please let me know if there's a better place!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Preamble: I recently purchased a Realme GT Neo 2T under the assumption it could take Realme X7 Max ROMs. The specs and design were an exact match, and since Realme has a history of releasing existing phones with new model numbers and sparklier plastic, I felt pretty good about compatibility. I quickly learned I was mistaken - both stock and custom ROMs for the X7 Max cause the display on the Neo 2T to stop working. Flashing back the stock bootloader fixed the display, but the phone would only boot into recovery, which had no touch support. Flashing the stock recovery brought back touch support, but nothing I tried could get the ROM to boot. Clearly there are changes under the hood.

Unfortunately, that left precious few options for turning the Neo 2T into a usable phone. The hardware is amazing for the price, and ColorOS is pretty decent, but the amount of non-removable bloatware and lack of Android Auto and Hey Google to activate Google Assistant was a dealbreaker for me. In the end, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide will show you how to:

- Unlock your bootloader.
    - Root your phone. (Magisk)
    - Bypass SafetyNet. (Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module)
    - Install Android Auto and Google apps as system apps. (BusyBox-NDK and Terminal Systemizer Magisk modules)
    - Remove Realme bloatware. (ADB)
    - Flash device with SP Tools and stock ROM to recover from a softbrick or restore to factory state. (SP Tools)

(Some sections are still being written and will be available soon.)

THE GUIDE ASSUMES YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 10. SOME STEPS MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR OTHER OPERATING SYSTEMS

PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL INSTRUCTIONS FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING. ALL REQUIRED FILES CAN BE FOUND ATTACHED TO THIS POST.

UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. THIS PROCESS WILL WIPE ALL DATA FROM YOUR PHONE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA. I AM ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE OR KILL YOUR DEVICE, YOUR PROPERTY, YOUR LOVED ONES OR YOURSELF BY FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

STEP 1: Unlock your bootloader.
    First, we need to enable developer mode. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open Settings.
    - Choose "About Phone".
    - Choose "Version - Baseband & Kernel"
    - Tap "Build Number" until developer mode is enabled.

Next, we need to turn on USB Debugging and allow OEM Unlock. On the Neo 2T:
    - Go back to Settings.
    - Choose "Additional Settings".
    - Choose "Developer Options".
    - Turn on "OEM Unlock" and "USB Debugging".

We need to get the Deep Testing app to unlock the bootloader. On your PC:
    - Download "DeepTesting_GT_NEO_2T.apk" attached to this post.
    - Plug the Neo 2T into your PC.

Now, we need to allow file transfers. On the Neo 2T:
    - Select "Transfer Files" on the "Use USB to" popup.

Time to send the .apk to the Neo 2T. On your PC:
    - Copy the "DeepTesting_GT_NEO_2T.apk" file you downloaded to the "Download" folder on the internal storage of the Neo 2T.

We're ready to request unlocking of the bootloader. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open the "File Manager" app.
    - Choose the "APK" option.
    - Find "DeepTesting_GT_NEO_2T.apk" and open it.
    - Follow the instruction to install the app. You may need to allow installing from the "File Manager" app.
    - Once install is finished, launch the app.
    - Click "Start Applying".
    - Tick the checkbox to agree to the disclaimer. Due to a bug, the disclaimer text itself may or may not appear.
    - When you see "Application Submitted", click "Back."
    - Go grab a coffee. It can sometimes take up to an hour for the bootloader unlock request to be approved.
    - You can close the app and use your phone as normal in the meantime. Periodically open the app and click "Query Verification Status" to check your request. Once you see "Application Approved" we are done with this step.
    - Unplug the Neo 2T from your PC.
    - Click "Start Deep Testing".
    - The Neo 2T will reboot into "Fastboot" mode. You should see a black screen with small white text.

Now we need to install the ADB drivers. On your PC:
    - Download "ADB_DRIVERS.zip" attached to this post.
    - Unzip the files somewhere. Remember the location.

- Right-click on your start menu button and choose "Device Manager".
    - Find the device called "Android".
    - Right-click the device and choose "Update Driver".
    - Choose "Browse My Computer for Drivers".
    - Choose "Let Me Pick From a List of Available Drivers On My Computer".
    - Click "Have Disk".
    - Click "Browse".
    - Navigate to the folder where you extracted the files.
    - Choose "android_winusb.inf".
    - Choose "Android Bootloader Interface".
    - Click "Finish" to close the driver wizard once it has finished.

We need to use Fastboot to unlock the bootloader. On your PC:
    - Download "ADB_FASTBOOT.zip" attached to this post.
    - Unzip the files somewhere. Remember the location.
    - Open a command prompt pointing to the extracted files. (The fastest way to do this is to open the folder, then replace the file path with "cmd" end hit enter.)
    - Enter this command to check that your phone is detected: fastboot.exe devices
    - You should see your device represented by a long string of numbers and letters followed by "fastboot".
    - If you don't see this, or it doesn't say "fastboot", double-check your USB cable or port, and make sure you installed the drivers as instructed previously.
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe flashing unlock

Your phone will now ask you to confirm unlocking of the bootloader. On the Neo 2T:
    - REMINDER: THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA!
    - Read the text on the screen and follow the instructions to confirm the bootloader unlock.

Next we reboot the phone. On your PC:
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe reboot
    - Your phone will now warn you during boot that the bootloader is unlocked.

Now we need to enter Fastboot again. On the Neo 2T:
    - Allow the phone to fully boot to the initial setup wizard.
    - Turn off the phone by holding down the power button until the power actions slider appears.
    - Slide down to turn off the phone.
    - While holding down Vol-, press and hold the power button.
    - Release the power button when you feel the phone vibrate.
    - Release the Vol- button when you have entered Fastboot mode. You should see a black screen with small white text.

We will use Fastboot to get into recovery mode. On your PC:
    - Open the folder where you extracted the "ADB_FASTBOOT.zip" (Done previously during Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.)
    - Open a command prompt pointing to the extracted files. (The fastest way to do this is to open the folder, then replace the file path with "cmd" end hit enter.)
    - You should see your device represented by a long string of numbers and letters followed by "fastboot".
    - If you don't see this, or it doesn't say "fastboot", double-check your USB cable or port, and make sure you installed the drivers as instructed previously.
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe reboot recovery
    - Wait for phone to reboot into recovery

Finally, we will wipe the data partition to ensure a clean state for future steps. On the Neo 2T:

- Select your language.
    - Select "Wipe data".
    - Select "Format data".
    - Enter the code displayed on the screen.
    - Select "Format".
    - Data will be wiped. Select "OK" when finished. Phone will reboot.
    - Once the phone has booted, proceed through the first time setup until you reach the home screen.
    - Setup WiFi or verify/configure a data connection which will be needed for the next steps.
    - If still plugged into your PC, or upon the next connection, the phone will show a popup to allow USB debugging. Check "always allow from this computer" and select OK.
    - We can now move on to rooting!

STEP 2: Root your phone.
    First we need to reboot the phone into fastboot. On the Neo 2T:
    - Turn off the phone by holding down the power button until the power actions slider appears.
    - Slide down to turn off the phone.
    - While holding down Vol-, press and hold the power button.
    - Release the power button when you feel the phone vibrate.
    - Release the Vol- button when you have entered Fastboot mode. You should see a black screen with small white text.

We need to use Fastboot to root the phone. On your PC:
    - Open the folder where you extracted the "ADB_FASTBOOT.zip" (Done previously during Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.)
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe flash boot magisk.img
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe flash vbmeta --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    - Enter this command: fastboot.exe reboot
    - Wait for phone to reboot.

Complete Magisk setup. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open Magisk from your app drawer.
    - Accept the request to install the full version of Magisk.
    - Allow Magisk to install apps in the resulting popup.
    - Open Magisk from your app drawer.

- Accept the request to reboot to complete installation.
    - Once the phone has rebooted, the process is complete and we can move on to bypassing SafetyNet!

STEP 3: Bypass SafetyNet.
    First we grab the SafetyNet module for Magisk. On your PC:
    - Download "safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip" attached to this post.

- Copy the "safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip" file you downloaded to the "Download" folder on the internal storage of the Neo 2T.

We're ready to install the module. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open the "Magisk" app.
    - Open Settings.
    - Turn on "Zygist (Beta)" and "Enforce DenyList".
    - Exit settings.

- Go to the "Modules" tab.
    - Select "Install From Storage".
    - Find "safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip" and open it.
    - Wait until installation of the module is complete.
    - Click the "Reboot" button that appears to reboot the phone.
    - Once the phone has rebooted, the process is complete and we can move on to installing Android Auto and Google apps as system apps!

STEP 4: Install Android Auto and and Google apps as system apps.
    First we grab the BusyBox-NDK and Terminal Systemizer modules for Magisk. On your PC:
    - Download "busybox-v1.34.1.zip" attached to this post.
    - Download "terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1.zip" attached to this post.

Time to send the .apks to the Neo 2T. On your PC:
    - Copy the "busybox-v1.34.1.zip" file you downloaded to the "Download" folder on the internal storage of the Neo 2T.
    - Copy the "terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1.zip" file you downloaded to the "Download" folder on the internal storage of the Neo 2T.

We're ready to install the BusyBox-NDK module. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open the "Magisk" app.
    - Find "busybox-v1.34.1.zip" and open it.
    - Click the back button.

We're ready to install the Terminal Systemizer module. On the Neo 2T:
    - Find "terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1.zip" and open it.
    - Click the "Reboot" button to reboot the phone.

Time to get the Google Play Store app. On your PC:
    - Download "Google_Play_Store_29.9.16-21.apk" attached to this post.

- Copy the "Google_Play_Store_29.9.16-21.apk" file you downloaded to the "Download" folder on the internal storage of the Neo 2T.

We're ready to install the Google Play Store. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open the "Files" app.
    - Choose the "APK" option.
    - Find "Google_Play_Store_29.9.16-21.apk" and open it.
    - Follow the instruction to install the app. You may need to allow installing from the "File Manager" app.
    - Once install is finished, launch the app.

We need to install our apps before we can systemize them. On the Neo 2T:
    - Open the Google Play Store and sign in.
    - Update any apps that have updates available.
    - Use the Google Play Store to install Android Auto, Google Assistant, and the Google app.

We need to use ADB to systemize Android Auto and Google Assistant. On your PC:
    - Enter this command to check that your phone is detected: adb.exe devices
    - You should see your device represented by a long string of numbers and letters followed by "device".
    - If you don't see this, or it doesn't say "device", double-check your USB cable or port, and make sure you installed the drivers as instructed previously.
    - Enter this command: adb shell
    - Have your phone unlocked and at the ready, then enter this command: su

Allow root for ADB Shell. On the Neo 2T:
    - Select "Forever" on the superuser request popup for Shell. Click "Grant".

Now we can systemize Android Auto and Google. On your PC:
    - Enter this command: systemize
    - Type 1 and hit enter to choose "Systemize Installed Apps (Listed)".
    - You should see a numbered list of apps after a few seconds of loading. Find the numbers for "Android Auto" and "Google" and type them with a space in between. For example, if you see "1 - Android Auto" and "2 - Google", type 1 2 followed by enter.
    - Type 2 and hit enter to choose "/system/priv-app" for the first app.
    - Type 2 and hit enter to choose "/system/priv-app" for the second app.

Reboot the phone. On the Neo 2T:
    - Hold down the power button until the power actions slider appears.
    - Slide up to reboot the phone.
    - Once rebooted, Android Auto will soon disappear from your app launcher now that is a system app. This is by design.
    - Use the Google Play Store to install "Android Auto for Phone Screens".
    - Open the "Android Auto for Phone Screens" app. Complete all setup steps.
    - Open the "Android Assistant" app. Complete all setup steps.
    - Open the "Google" app. Go to More > Settings > Google Assistant > Hey Google & Voice Match.
    - Turn on "Hey Google". Complete all setup steps.
    - In the Google Assistant settings in the Google app, you should now be able to turn on "Hey Google" voice activation.
    - Upon reboot, Android Auto should now work both on the phone and with Android Auto compatible vehicles head units.
    - Hey Google should now work as long as the screen is on.
    - Time for debloating!

STEP 5: Remove Realme bloatware.
    First we need to install an alternative input method, since we will be removing the stock keyboard. On the Neo 2T:
    - Use the Google Play Store to install an input method of your choice, such as GBoard.

Now we can run the debloat script. On your PC:
    - Plug the Neo 2T into your PC if it is not already.
    - Double-click the RMX3357_A14_DEBLOAT_NO_ROOT.bat file to run the non-root debloat script.
    - Press Enter to run the script.
    - Close the window or press Enter to exit once finished.

We need to use ADB to remove a few system apps. On your PC:
    - Enter this command to check that your phone is detected: adb.exe devices
    - You should see your device represented by a long string of numbers and letters followed by "device".
    - If you don't see this, or it doesn't say "device", double-check your USB cable or port, and make sure you installed the drivers as instructed previously.
    - Enter this command: adb shell
    - Enter this command: su
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.email
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.coloros.safecenter
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.heytap.book
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.heytap.market
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.heytap.themestore
    - Enter this command: pm uninstall --user 0 com.nearme.gamecenter

Reboot the phone. On the Neo 2T:
    - You're done! Enjoy your debloated phone!

UH OH: Unbricking and Factory Restore.
    Click here for the ROM, use SP tools to flash. Guide coming soon, for now use the guide here.

Realme GT Neo 2T Tips:
    - If you find yourself needing to force your phone to power off for any reason, on the Neo 2T you must hold Vol+, Vol- and Power at the same time for around 10 seconds.
    - The stock messaging app is com.android.mms, otherwise known as Mms.apk. It seemingly cannot be removed without breaking SMS/MMS.
    - Removing Breeno will replace it with Google Feed when swiping left on the stock launcher fi the Google app is installed.
    - There's a good chance the APN settings the phone chose are incorrect or nonexistent. Double-check them to make sure you have working data and MMS for your SIMs.
    - Android Auto forces the phone to 60Hz and locks the settings, even once disconnected. Seems to be a common issue across a bunch of phones. Reboot to fix.
    - If an app isn't showing notifications or is otherwise misbehaving:
    >>> Make sure the app has been opened at least once since the phone was last powered on or rebooted.
    >>> Check that notifications are enabled in Settings > Notifications & Status Bar > Manage Notifications > [Your App].
    >>> If that doesn't help, try allowing background activity in Settings > Battery > App Battery Management > [Your App].
    >>> Lastly, you can disable battery optimization for an app in Settings > Battery > More Battery Settings > Optimize Battery Use > [Your App].

Hey, Is there a notification solution? to come from everyone?
    Haven't had any issues with notifications myself. I'd check these:

- Make sure the app has been opened at least once since the phone was last powered on or rebooted.
    - Check that notifications are enabled in Settings > Notifications & Status Bar > Manage Notifications > [Your App].
    - If that doesn't help, try allowing background activity in Settings > Battery > App Battery Management > [Your App].
    - Lastly, you can disable battery optimization for an app in Settings > Battery > More Battery Settings > Optimize Battery Use > [Your App].
    On initial reading I can see that a scatter file itself does not contain any malware code, but as a general rule of thumb on internet, always proceed with cautions with downloaded files, for example, using online virus scan service to scan the files before usage.

Hope everyone has a safe flashing.

@Andy_men2

@Andy_men2

Link: