Realme In-Depth test

Search This thread

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
Hello Everyone,

I have been using Oneplus phones from a long time and I found it pretty straight forward to just do "fastboot oem unlock" and you are good to go.

Now from what I understand, in case of realme, you have to sideload an realme provided apk and request for In-Depth test which if approved, you'll be allowed unlock your bootloader. I think they (realme) are pushing our serial number and carrier info to their servers to see if you should be allowed to unlock bootloader.

I do not plan to unlock my bootloader right now but I am concerned if realme's servers went down in future or if they stopped providing support for our device in coming year, how would I unlock my device ?

Can I initiate In-Depth test now and actually unlock bootloader later ?

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
fears kill dreams!
who knows what happend to realme or oppo in future or their servers!
X2PRO is 4g device, maximum we may use for next 24-36 months before going to 5g or different device!
i immediately unlock the bootloader, (got approval in 5 mins)
yes you can relock but i don't plan to, (but thats me)

moreover same goes xiaomi, sony also! (the server thing) they monitor what devices are getting unlocked!

Reactions: sshivampp

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
Thanks for your replies guys. I understand that I should unlock while I can.

Point is I don't want to do it right now because I am somewhat satisfied with what RUI has to offer. Plus I don't want that safety net headache right now.
I want the option to unlock later lets say when Realme X2 Pro's update support ends and I want to flash Android 12 (when it comes)
My question is, if I get approval and not unlock it, will this approval be retained even after updates and system wipes ? So that I can unlock it later without approval

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

Point is I don't want to do it right now because I am somewhat satisfied with what RUI has to offer. Plus I don't want that safety net headache right now.
I want the option to unlock later lets say when Realme X2 Pro's update support ends and I want to flash Android 12 (when it comes)
My question is, if I get approval and not unlock it, will this approval be retained even after updates and system wipes ? So that I can unlock it later without approval
You can just unlock the bootloader and keep everything stock unrooted. That's what I first did back when I got the phone. There's no harm, other than losing widevine L1, I think.

Reactions: sshivampp

sshivampp

Sep 18, 2012
New Delhi
Got it, thanks.
My original question remains unanswered though.

I'm decompiling realme's in-depth apk to understand what it does when you are approved for bootloader unlock. Will update here if I find anything interesting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i did it, you never know it might vanish and if you procrastinate, and option vanishes you will kick yourself research for yourself but this thread claims you can re-lock so read it CAREFULLY https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-x2-pro/how-to/guide-unlocking-bootloader-to-getting-t4010189
    fears kill dreams!
    who knows what happend to realme or oppo in future or their servers!
    X2PRO is 4g device, maximum we may use for next 24-36 months before going to 5g or different device!
    i immediately unlock the bootloader, (got approval in 5 mins)
    yes you can relock but i don't plan to, (but thats me)

moreover same goes xiaomi, sony also! (the server thing) they monitor what devices are getting unlocked!

You can just unlock the bootloader and keep everything stock unrooted. That's what I first did back when I got the phone. There's no harm, other than losing widevine L1, I think.