Rear camera trajectory not working

Search This thread

anhquansei

Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne
Do you mean the option in the factory settings? If yes, I have it selected to the right value
The car has steering angle sensor that either feed the information through the canbus to the head unit which will display the curved ruler OR it will send the ruler it self and the headunit will impose that image on. As far as i know the android head unit does not have this curved ruler feature so you are SOL. Buy a kenwood one they have that feature.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Hi,
    I have a working rear camera with embedded ruler, but I want the ruler (or a software one) moves when I move the steering wheel. I've already enabled something about it in car settings but it doesn't work... Am I missing something? Is there a cable I didn't connected?
    Thanks
    Is the unit an MTCD/E?

jmckeejr

• Aug 11, 2008
    Altoona, Pa
    www.mckeeflooring.com
    The car has steering angle sensor that either feed the information through the canbus to the head unit which will display the curved ruler OR it will send the ruler it self and the headunit will impose that image on. As far as i know the android head unit does not have this curved ruler feature so you are SOL. Buy a kenwood one they have that feature.
    Actually some of the android units do have this feature, I have an Xtrons unit PBX80JCCL specific for Chevy vehicle which does this on my work van (2012 Chevy Express), and I hadn't even thought it would work or could work since it was a base model van. You would have to have the correct canbus setup and just enable it on factory settings. If you ordered a vehicle specific head unit it's more likely to work, but I'm sure there's a way to make it work if your vehicle and canbus setup supports it. A Kenwood unit is not going to work any better if the vehicle and canbus don't support it. OP would need to provide more info like if the unit came with canbus adapter and if any level model of the vehicle offers the dynamic backup lines from factory (usually if a higher model has it the lower model still has it in bcm, they just add needed modules when upgrading and activate it via flash). If they already have canbus adapter connected correctly then the lines won't work on any radio they put in since it's likely not a feature the car has.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone