• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question reason for partition not flashing in fastbootd

Search This thread

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Use swift backup. Copy over files to computer music pictures etc then msm will take a day of work
yeah man I have been trying to avoid it in hopes of fixing slot B and by extension learning alot in the process, but I can't seem to figure it out and I haven't ran into anyone that has/had this type of issue going on. there is one more thing someone recommended to try which is using fastboot to create the partitions I am missing (why they are missing is fkn beyond me) but if it goes wrong then it's definitely msm. so I'll backup all my stuff off the phone, give those fastboot commands a try, and if it fails, msm it is.

yeah man I have been trying to avoid it in hopes of fixing slot B and by extension learning alot in the process, but I can't seem to figure it out and I haven't ran into anyone that has/had this type of issue going on. there is one more thing someone recommended to try which is using fastboot to create the partitions I am missing (why they are missing is fkn beyond me) but if it goes wrong then it's definitely msm. so I'll backup all my stuff off the phone, give those fastboot commands a try, and if it fails, msm it is.
Have you tried erasing the partitions on the slot before flashing, also are you using latest SDK?

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you tried erasing the partitions on the slot before flashing, also are you using latest SDK?
no I have not even attempted to use fastboot to create/erase these partitions, honestly this is uncharted waters for me man, even though I have been rooting phones for over 10 years. after running a fastbootd getvar all, it returns that I am actually missing system_b, product_b, odm_b, system_ext_b, and vendor_B, and that is the reason I cannot flash anything. thing is I used lineage copy partitions script to ensure that my functioning slot A copies over to broken slot B, so every partition that is supposed to be there is, save for those five partitions. I have no idea how this happened, but I will give creating the partitions with fastboot a try. and yes I am using the latest sdk/platform tools

no I have not even attempted to use fastboot to create/erase these partitions, honestly this is uncharted waters for me man, even though I have been rooting phones for over 10 years. after running a fastbootd getvar all, it returns that I am actually missing system_b, product_b, odm_b, system_ext_b, and vendor_B, and that is the reason I cannot flash anything. thing is I used lineage copy partitions script to ensure that my functioning slot A copies over to broken slot B, so every partition that is supposed to be there is, save for those five partitions. I have no idea how this happened, but I will give creating the partitions with fastboot a try. and yes I am using the latest sdk/platform tools
Gotta be in fastboot d not fastboot

I've been rooted since htc aria a b partitions are weird pain in the ass to deal with

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Gotta be in fastboot d not fastboot

I've been rooted since it's aria a b partitions are weird pain in the ass to deal with
sorry I should have mentioned I am using fastbootd for those actions, well at least I will be when I attempt to create the missing partitions. I mean technically speaking if I create these partitions on slot B, then it stands to reason my problem disappears, so that is what I am hoping

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also tried this last night and had the same result on my slot b. I thought maybe it was because a file was consumed from my payload dump (since I had used the same files for slot a) but if you had the same issue then maybe slot b doesn't contain all partitions. Wish I knew how to check that though
    yeah those partitions flash on slot A no issue, but it is slot B that I get the error as well. I hate giving up and not fixing things, that is why I am trying so hard. I just do not understand how my phone boots fine on slot A yet I do not have those partitions
    I feel you, that's why I was trying to get it back up too. At this point I think it might be a rabbit hole for me. Until someone proves to me that slot b is actually a full mirror of slot a, I'm just going to assume it's a partial mirror. As it is, as long as I can boot into the bootloader I should always be able to recover slot a. So I'll just pretend b doesn't exist XD
    I was coming from LOS so I definitely wasn't on an older version of OOS. I can't quite remember if I wiped beforehand; I think I must have because I don't think it would have worked otherwise. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to flash 11.2.7.7AA on top.. but if its a functional rom it's probably safer to just run their updater instead.
    yeah I am on stock oos 11.2.4.4AA, trying to update to 11.2.7.7AA, so even if I switch to slot B in twrp then try to flash oos it still errors out with missing those partitions, so essentially there is no way to update my oos/rom the normal way, twrp or local update, so I am stuck with fastboot flashing all the partition imgs in order to update. fml
    yeah I am on stock oos 11.2.4.4AA, trying to update to 11.2.7.7AA, this is even if I switch to slot B in twrp then try to flash oos it still errors out with missing those partitions, so essentially there is no way to update my oos/rom the normal way, twrp or local update, so I am stuck with fastboot flashing all the partition imgs in order to update. fml
    Good luck!! Hopefully it works out. I think the only risk is you may lose data, but just doing the same fastboot flash to slot a should work i think. I did it multiple times on a. the second time was because I was going to try a second time to flash onto slot b but forgot to change to slot b... that's when i realized i probably should stop going down that rabbit hole lol.
    yeah thanks man. the thing is I can prevent fastboot from wiping by just running the flash commands manually, and leaving out the fastboot -w command. but yeah this is a nightmare
    If you are on oos use local update in system and do full update should fix your inactive slot. At least did for me on my 6t