Reboot after copy to System/app

Search This thread

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
Hello

I rooted my HTC Desire 820. But something must have gone wrong, because whenever i use" es explorer" to copy musicfx.apk to the system/app folder the phone just reboots.
The app has root explorer on so as an un-experienced user I am running into a dead end.
Can someone please help me to get this solved so i can install in the system folder.

Or does someone have a solution to get an working equalizer on the phone?
=> the normal equalizer apps from the store don't always work as they sometimes just don't seem to change sound.
As for the build in "boomsound", well it is pretty **** on my phone, bass turns into cracking noise and the highs are to damm high. (Working with sennheiser urbanites and sennheiser 300 CX II so I think its not the hardware)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

sandeep saxena

Dec 8, 2014
kurukshetra
If ur device on s-on, u can't make system app from es file manager.. if u want make musicfx.apk or any app as a system app then copy apps in system app folder and give the permission (rw-r-r) in twrp recovery mode.
In recovery mode first mount system,
Then file manager..

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
If ur device on s-on, u can't make system app from es file manager.. if u want make musicfx.apk or any app as a system app then copy apps in system app folder and give the permission (rw-r-r) in twrp recovery mode.
In recovery mode first mount system,
Then file manager..

I did that but now when i reboot from recovery (any of the 4 modes) I get rebooted into the recovery part again. There is no way out.
Needed a Factory reset(restore didn't work either)

sandeep saxena

Dec 8, 2014
kurukshetra
This bug in the recovery...
Power off ur device from the reboot option and leave it for 1or 2 minutes..then plug the chrger then power on ur device

If this is not worked..
Press volume+and volume-and power button after some time screen goes black and then release the both volumes button nd keep pressing the power button try this mant time..

coolmmk07

Jan 19, 2014
Pune
www.facebook.com
Hello

I rooted my HTC Desire 820. But something must have gone wrong, because whenever i use" es explorer" to copy musicfx.apk to the system/app folder the phone just reboots.
The app has root explorer on so as an un-experienced user I am running into a dead end.
Can someone please help me to get this solved so i can install in the system folder.

=> the normal equalizer apps from the store don't always work as they sometimes just don't seem to change sound.
As for the build in "boomsound", well it is pretty **** on my phone, bass turns into cracking noise and the highs are to damm high. (Working with sennheiser urbanites and sennheiser 300 CX II so I think its not the hardware)

Thanks in advance

Try this, download aroma file manager zip file.
save apk files in sd card
now flash aroma zip file in recovery mode and it'll open a file manager. now just locate and copy the apk file from your sd card and paste it to system apps folder in root dictionary. Now reboot your phone and check app list. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: rikkerd

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
now flash aroma zip file in recovery mode and it'll open a file manager. now just locate and copy the apk file from your sd card and paste it to system apps folder in root dictionary. Now reboot your phone and check app list. :fingers-crossed:

Thank you for the reply!

I tried for several hours but I just can't get the specific app to work. Might be a wrong app for my phone. I don't know. So I tried to get the beats audio, which I was used to, and loved with the sennheiser urbanite, from my HTC one x+ on to the HTC 820. This worked (altought it can't be turned off).

Sound is good now but once every reboot the OS tells me " MusicFX(the first apk) has stopped working". I can't seem to find any app through play store, app manager, file manager, that carries this name.

I will make a new post of this problem.

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
If u want to install musicfx.apk as asystem app..
Give me the link of the app.i will make a flashable zip for u...

There is no need for that anymore. I got the EQ I was used to installed on the HTC 820. But thank you for willing to help me out!
But I ran into a problem linked to my failed attempt of installing Musicfx.
It is described over here :
http://xdaforums.com/desire-820/help/htc-desire-820-irremovable-apk-musicfx-t3266291

Maybe you have an idea?

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
I think musicfx not compatible with this device....
Why u not install viper4android this is the best all of those the musicfx...dolby etc..

I tried that to. But when i came at a step that said, "open viper and it will ask for update, run update" it just said it could not find one. Then it said the phone doesn't have BUSYBOX yet(wich it had).
Anyway,I had connection and followed all the steps of the guide(link below).
But when the step using busy box came up, pressing the instal button in the app made the phone reboot instantly.

Could this have anything to do with s-on/off?

Link to guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15e7xv8AADnl0Ckqg8NiuQMTPLSgkIZCS4hU4Q07H7i4/mobilebasic

Last edited:

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
(San.zip)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE2tEyxFtHBa3JpYVRtSnBPeDA/view?usp=docslist_api

(San viper4android)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE2tEyxFtHBQVVwWTF3ZjVjSXM/view?usp=docslist_api

First flash san.zip..
Then flash san viper4android.zip into recovery mode...
And remove all other fx if u have instlled...when using earphone or headphone first go to setting and disable boomsound...

Thank you!
I will do this as soon as I find time for it. I will update you on the process.

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
Thank you!
I will do this as soon as I find time for it. I will update you on the process.

(San.zip)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE2tEyxFtHBa3JpYVRtSnBPeDA/view?usp=docslist_api

(San viper4android)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwE2tEyxFtHBQVVwWTF3ZjVjSXM/view?usp=docslist_api

First flash san.zip..
And remove all other fx if u have instlled...when using earphone or headphone first go to setting and disable boomsound...

Wow,

I am new in the rooting/android scene so what you just did made it a lot easier for me. It works perfect and is so easy to flash. And after 2 hours of listening music no glitches.
Thank you! And if I could give 2 likes for one post I would do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

Thanks in advance

If u want to install viper4android i will make a flashable zip file just flash in twrp recovery...and no need of selinux mod changer.etc

First flash san.zip..
    No need of remove this flash zip again fresh viper will be install