• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Reboot while charging

Search This thread

memnon79

Feb 17, 2013
LG V20
LG G Pad X 8.0
I have two V60s on A11 and noticed for the past two nights one of them will reboot while charging. Only way I notice is because I have to use my PIN in morning to login in instead of fingerprint and one app indicates a restart. This is a replacement V60 that I have had for two days.

Any thoughts?

Mejilan

Oct 16, 2010
Are you sure that it's a reboot? I noticed that if I leave my phone idle for a couple of hours (not sure how many, maybe 4 or more?), some kind of security kicks in requiring that I enter my pattern instead of using the fingerprint reader. Pretty sure this has happened both on Android 10 and Android 11. I don't commonly leave my phone idle for 4+ hours during the day, but it has happened just enough for me to notice it. And it definitely wasn't a case of the phone just randomly rebooting itself on me in the middle of the day. THAT, I would have noticed.

memnon79

Feb 17, 2013
LG V20
LG G Pad X 8.0
Positive it is a reboot. I actually saw it happen this morning. Phone will just shut off and T-Mobile reboot splash screen comes on. I think it is not related to fingerprint reader bug as I have disabled the fingerprint reader on my lock screen/AOD.

Apira

Jul 24, 2021
My LG started to freeze, then reboot several times a day, while in use as well as overnight. Sometimes boot loops directly after the logo, so not OS or app related, also without SIM or SD. I had the battery changed (still in warranty), but that behavior continued. So I got a replacement phone yesterday, since it was obviously a hardware issue (I guess it is a RAM failure).