Question Reboots

Search This thread

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
those who get random reboots, what's your zenfone 9's variant? could it be only certain variants have this problem? it can be found at the back of the box in which the phone is sold, it's probably the part after A12002, such as 1A006EU.

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
It is not magisk or custom kernel. Same happens to me too. The issue is discussed here:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64387/zenfone-9-randomly-restarts/p11
I have done tests. After buying the phone, I spent a few days and everything was fine. After opening the bootloader and installing magisk, the phone would reboot every 4-5 days for 2-3 weeks. After that, I went back to stock rom and have gone 3 weeks straight without a reboot. I have reinstalled magisk and after a little over a week I have had a reboot again. Everything seems to indicate that it is some software with magisk.

jamesalfred

Apr 21, 2009
In case someone's still interested: as of January 2023, the issue seems to stem from defective motherboard. Board replacement will resolve the issue. However, I personally am worried about the longevity of the unit. What causes the defect on the board? Solder points? Another "ramdump" like Zenfone 8?

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Just got en reboot om my 12/256, 1st ever. Lets see it this be one of many
Edit: 2nd reboot, both during charging
Edit 2: some 20 reboots now, pretty much useless phone now, let see what support says

Last edited: