Rebrand-Update-Tool-HWOTA7-P9-EVA

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I've managed to download the Network patch files from Mega.
GSM working.
I've installed Gboard, but I cannot install the "new" Google Playstore apk from the tutorial.
I've also tried the "old" version, but no luck!

It worked with the latest available version of Google Store.
'New' version of playstore apk is there from the date when OP was last time updated. But the OP says that you can download the real latest/up-to-date from APKmirror

Be aware that the method still works, that network patch also works, etc, for the current b552 (and previoud b550)

But the dev last time updated OP two years ago, at the time of b540

He has no more P9, he is not supporting the thread but he didn't remove or close since it is still useful and from time to time somebody new comes with the old P9 who can update his P9 from Nougat to Oreo (and even use then for custom ROMs)

People also got (unexpected) OTA updates v550 and b552 and things did not broke

If you downloaded from Mega (link in OP), that's actually my Mega, but I also doesn't have P9 for about a year, hence I don't update but didn't delete

Last edited:

dirtnail

Jan 20, 2021
I'm trying this guide to get my P9 lite (VNS-L31) from 7 to Oreo but the boot into TWRP step in HWOTA7 doesn't work for me... vol+ and power gives me an "this phone is unlocked" message and then just starts the phone.... what an I doing wrong here?

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
I'm trying this guide to get my P9 lite (VNS-L31) from 7 to Oreo but the boot into TWRP step in HWOTA7 doesn't work for me... vol+ and power gives me an "this phone is unlocked" message and then just starts the phone.... what an I doing wrong here?
Wrong device.

haarli

Apr 16, 2013
Anyone got an idea how to get back from B552 to B550 on a rebranded P9?
  • Using eRecovery, I can only install B552.
  • Firmware Finder app shows B528 as the latest one, so doesn't work, too.
  • I downloaded all Full-OTA update files and wanted to try HuRUpdater, but I cannot access the internal storage from TWRP (I currently have no sd card here). I tried to push the files via ADB when in TWRP, but it always stops after a while as they are too large ("no space left on device" - although about 7GB are available) .
Any other option without SD-Card / OTG-Cable? Thanks.

Edit: I got one step further with Firmware Finder. If I use "EVA-AL10" as device, and not the suggested "EVA-AL10C00", I get the correct firmware in the list. I select it, changed my router DNS, registered this firmware multiple times and rebooted to eRecovery.
Then I always get "getting package info failed". When I open "http://query.hicloud.com/checkConnect.action", I get " Connected to TeamMT Server", which sounds correct. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2016
Is there anyway to access the eRecovery without using the usual Vol Up+Power combo? My volume buttons are busted. I could go back to stock using fastboot but don't really know the procedure and figured out that using eRecovery would be easier.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Is there anyway to access the eRecovery without using the usual Vol Up+Power combo? My volume buttons are busted. I could go back to stock using fastboot but don't really know the procedure and figured out that using eRecovery would be easier.
On the rooted phone install an app like Reboot from Playstore, you can reboot, reboot to Recovery or Fastboot (all by touch).
If charging by USB, it will reboot to eRecovery instead of to Recovery

Nov 20, 2016
On the rooted phone install an app like Reboot from Playstore, you can reboot, reboot to Recovery or Fastboot (all by touch).
If charging by USB, it will reboot to eRecovery instead of to Recovery
Hmmm, for some reason I can't access it. I guess I'll go fastboot way, what are the usual things that I will flash in fastboot to return to stock? Is it only system.img? I am not rooted (no Magisk).

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hmmm, for some reason I can't access it. I guess I'll go fastboot way, what are the usual things that I will flash in fastboot to return to stock? Is it only system.img? I am not rooted (no Magisk).
You cannot access but what - the app on Playstore, eRecovery (rebooting to Recovery by app while USB charging)?
Make sure to grant root to Reboot app

Usually, you should go through eRecovery, Install latest firmware and recovery.
Maybe possible to do through HuRupdater but IDK and never used (search back in thread, other users posted about)

You could also DLOAD Service repair b528 and then let it update back to b55x - search also through the thread (I did it once and reported about, suggested later to few other users to fix the bricks, some of them also reported back about).
It must be a special EVA-AL10c00 b528, the official Service Repair firmware, in those posts there were a link to download from

Sorry, from my side cannot help you more, since long ago I have no more P9

nadliw

May 25, 2009
'New' version of playstore apk is there from the date when OP was last time updated. But the OP says that you can download the real latest/up-to-date from APKmirror

Be aware that the method still works, that network patch also works, etc, for the current b552 (and previoud b550)

But the dev last time updated OP two years ago, at the time of b540

He has no more P9, he is not supporting the thread but he didn't remove or close since it is still useful and from time to time somebody new comes with the old P9 who can update his P9 from Nougat to Oreo (and even use then for custom ROMs)

People also got (unexpected) OTA updates v550 and b552 and things did not broke

If you downloaded from Mega (link in OP), that's actually my Mega, but I also doesn't have P9 for about a year, hence I don't update but didn't delete
For the record. I just updated to B552 from B550 coming from Kirin.

Unfortunately not like before I cant install TWRP hence no Network on my phone. Not like coming from B540 to B550 my Network is fine.

I might be forgotten step what I did before. I think the new B552 wont allow to make installation via Fastboot.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
For the record. I just updated to B552 from B550 coming from Kirin.

Unfortunately not like before I cant install TWRP hence no Network on my phone. Not like coming from B540 to B550 my Network is fine.

I might be forgotten step what I did before. I think the new B552 wont allow to make installation via Fastboot.
Please read posts before yours - many other users updated to b552 and inatalled TWRP and Network patch with no problem

How to do, which TWRP etc, is still explained in OP posts

Reactions: nadliw

nadliw

May 25, 2009
Please read posts before yours - many other users updated to b552 and inatalled TWRP and Network patch with no problem

How to do, which TWRP etc, is still explained in OP posts
;)You are correct. Probably I am too sleepy. Forgot the sudo privilege.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone