Rebrand-Update-Tool-HWOTA7-P9-EVA

Search This thread

n20661

Oct 2, 2017
Hi Guys! do you have by any chance a downloadable stock recovery image with B550? I can't find it for my Rebranded P9Plus ( to VIE-AL10) anywhere. I want to install it over the twrp because of possible future OTA upadtes maybe.
Thanks a lot!

daveh077

Jan 15, 2019
Can you or @daveh077
please run the following commands in Terminal emulator and post the results:
getprop ro.product.manufacturer
getprop ro.product.model
getprop ro.build.fingerprint
getprop ro.build.version.security_patch

You cannot copy/paste from Terminal (you can copy/paste command by command to Terminal by long pressing) but there is an option to Send a session by e-mail - take it, then copy/paste and Discard the mail
Also, since commands and responses are long, it might be easier to work with Terminal in landscape mode

Thanks

Btw, does it pass SafetyNet (Basic Integrity and CTS Profile) - check with:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample

and is Device certified in Google Play?

My Google play store shows as certified on B550, playstore version 20.9.10

andrzej626

Sep 1, 2020
Hi guys.
I updated my P9 as per post 2. Everything works, but there is no google account in Settings. I am also unable to log into the Google Store. The Google Store screen says "sign in", but when I click, nothing happens.
I am asking for help in solving this problem.

fitri.abakar

Oct 19, 2017
Rebrand-Update-Tool HWOTA7 for Huawei P9-EVA

German Thread: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...-p9-eva-inoffizielles-oreo-update.884138.html

For almost all newer Huawei models, there is the classic HWOTA tool. Now also for Huawei P9 EVA :D

→ It is programmed for use with Android 7 (Nougat) and does not work on Android 8 (Oreo) or Android 6 (Marshmallow) - Don't use this Tool to update your phone from Android 6 to Android 7 or Android 8.

Update from Nougat to Oreo is possible, but once you're on Oreo, the tool can not be used again until downgraded to nougat.

→ The same Tool for P9 Plus VIE is different: https://xdaforums.com/p9-plus/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-plus-vie-t3843930/

Features of HWOTA7 for P9 EVA:

• Update your Firmware with FullOTA-MF Firmware (3 zip files, two renamed) = Using the script /1. Change firmware

Rebrand between L09-L19-L29 and all Chinese Brands (your hardware does not change on EVA) = Using the script /2. Change location (11 oeminfo files)

Debrand from Vodafone, Telekom or other to: open cust ( current: 6 oeminfo files)

Note: If your Phone has SIM Lock, Debranding does not unlock mobile network - you can do that with HCU Client by DC Unlocker

The best feature is: You can update Huawei P9 EVA to the official Android 8 (Oreo) unofficially with HWOTA7. This requires a rebranding of your device to EVA-AL10. How to manage this is explained in Post #2: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77161313&postcount=2

→ How to get back to the original model from Oreo is explained in Post #3: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77161314&postcount=3

Note: To return to the original model related oeminfo is required - should your oeminfo not be included in the HWOTA7 tool, make a backup of the oeminfo with TWRP before Rebranding. If you give it to me, I can integrate it into the tool.

→ I did not found (any) oeminfo for EVA-L29. If you have that, please share it with me!

Requirements:

• Bootloader Unlock code → if you do not have it, it can be read out with HCU Client by DC Unlocker

Developer Options enabled → OEM Unlock + ADB Debugging in charging only mode + USB Debugging (in this order) enabled

HiSuite HDB in Settings on the phone disabled, HiSuite on PC closed

Working USB Connection (drivers) between P9 Plus and PC (MTP, ADB and Fastboot → Allow access to the phone, accept RSA key fingerprint)

Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (the tool does not work on Mac or Linux or on Virtual machine)

Battery should be charged

Backup your important data (folders from internal storage such as WhatsApp, DCIM, downloads, music, etc. - as well as user apps with data, contacts, calendars, sms, etc.) → The internal storage is erased several times during this process.

Follow the instructions

How HWOTA7 works and what to keep in mind:

• Download HWOTA7, extract it on PC and place HWOTA7 on: C:\HWOTA7 - without subfolders between.

Do not change the folder structure. The tool has two working folders:

→ C:\HWOTA7\tools\Windows - you can use: cmd-here.exe (run as Administrator) to check ADB/Fastboot or to flash an image later

→ C:\HWOTA7\update - this is the main working folder. You have to copy in this folder the FullOTA-MF firmware (3 zip files, two renamed)

If you are on custom ROM, first go back to Stock Firmware ("Using script" and "Change firmware" - use the Firmware that matches your device and cust)

HWOTA7 is self-explanatory. It detects what to do and prompts you to press certain key combinations or enter the unlock code.

→ The USB cable between the phone and PC remains connected throughout the process!

→ Only press "Enter" in the terminal if the described step, in the line before, was executed.

→ If you face an error like: "adb: error: connect failed: no devices/emulators found" - close Terminal, reboot phone into Fastboot mode and restart HWOTA7

The HWOTA7 tool is started by double clicking on "update_eng.bat"

The phone is connected to the PC via USB and you start with the key combination: VOL- and Power Button key into Fastboot mode.

When the Bootloader is locked, the tool unlocks the Bootloader with the code. Thereafter, a factory reset is performed by clearing the internal storage = Lowlevel Wipe.

When the Bootloader is open, the tool automatically flashes TWRP and prompts you to press (and hold) VOL+ and Power Button to start into TWRP.

Then you click 2x in the terminal on "Enter"

→ Before you choose: 2. Using the script and 1. Change firmware or 2. Change location - make sure, the FullOTA-MF Firmware is already in the update folder: C:\HWOTA7\update - and two zip files are renamed!

Rename the two zip files of the FullOTA-MF firmware → incorrect renaming such as "update_all_hw.zip.zip" does not work

update.zip = update.zip (do not rename)

update_full_VIE-AL10_all_cn.zip -rename to: update_all_hw.zip

update_data_full_public.zip - rename to: update_data_public.zip

Important - The difference between four different situations:

1) When the Bootloader is closed, HWOTA7 opens it with the code, a "lowlevel" factory reset is performed and the device must then boot into the system. In the setup everything can be skipped (which is possible) - but the developer options must be switched on (1.ADB Debugging + 2.USB Debugging enabled). And HiSuite HDB disabled.

2) If you select "Change firmware" to flash the firmware, the tool copies the ZIP files to the phone in the /data directory, flashes the Nocheck recovery, and installs the firmware. In this case, you also need to boot into the system and check if Developer options with the required settings are enabled.

3) But if you do the step: "Change location" - it is different! The tool will flash the corresponding "oeminfo", close the Bootloader and request the Unlock code to unlock the device and force a "lowlevel" factory reset → In this case (only), you should NOT boot into the system after the reset. Wait until the EMUI recovery is 100% done with the reset. Then comes the message "Reset succesful, device will restart" Now press (only) the VOL+ button and keep it pressed so that the device starts into TWRP. Now click on "Enter" in the terminal. HWOTA7 now copies the firmware to the device, flashes the Nocheck recovery, reboots and flashes the firmware belonging to the "oeminfo". After this step, the device must be booted into the system.

4) If the device boots into the system and you have a black screen, with an input field in the middle and possibly the keyboard (do not get worried) - the Bootloader was locked by the firmware during rebranding. In this case, press the Power Button to restart and hold down the VOL- button during the restart to start the device into Fastboot mode. Close the Terminal Script and restart update_eng.bat. Click on "Enter" in the Terminal and HWOTA7 will ask you for the Unlock Code and unlock again the Bootloader. Confirm the unlock on the device with the keys, then there is a factory reset followed by a reboot into the system. Now everything is fine. :cowboy:

Note: If you face any error during Firmware will be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - like: "connect failed, no devices/emulators found" – do following:

Close HWOTA7 Terminal and use menu "Reboot" of TWRP to reboot into Bootloader, start again update_eng.bat - TWRP will be flashed again - boot into TWRP with VOL+ and Power Button - allow system modification - hit "Enter" in HWOTA7 Terminal - Firmware will now again be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - "System update should start automatically" - Phone will make reboot and flash the Firmware correctly.

Where can I get the firmware I need?

Note: The firmware must match your device and your "cust" - if you want to update, or coming back from a Custom ROM to Stock firmware - If you do a "rebranding", the firmware must match the "oeminfo" that you "rebrand"

Install "Firmware Finder" from the Playstore

In Settings (3 dot menu/settings) change to "Show only FullOTA" In main window "Add model" Example: EVA-L09C432. Click on FullOTA-MF Firmware (that matches) and "Check Firmware Access" and "Check Availability" If it says: "The firmware is not approved for installation" - I would not recommend . If it shows: "Firmware approved for installation Models EVA-Lxx" (and it matches your device/cust or the cust you want to rebrand)- click on Download.

Tip: If you enable in Developer Options "Keep phone awake during USB charging" you make sure, the Download get not corupted. Additional I would try to open the zip file after Download in a zip viewer to check if the zip file is complete.

The other possibility is, download the zip files to PC instead on the phone. Finally, it is needed on the PC and needs to be copied to the C:\HWOTA7\update

If you click in Firmware Finder on Download you will see 4 zip files - but you need only 3 of them: update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip and the third file must match your device (which you like to update or rebrand to) When you see the 4 files, choose the 3 files you need.

When you click on "Share Firmware" - then you can store the Links in a txt file. In this case you can download the files on PC. When you click instead "ok" Firmware Finder will download the Firmware to the Phone.

Alternatively you can use the Direct Link on PC:

http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=&firmware_page=0

Enter the correct model name and cust (Example: VIE-L09c432) and press enter. Choose only FullOTA-MF. Click on FILELIST and wait until a new Window pops up with the Links you need for Download. However, here you dont see if the Firmware is approved for installation.

The Third possibility - Firmware Finder for PC:

http://pro-teammt.ru/projects/hwff/v2/GetLatestVersion.action

Unzip it and double click on FirmwareFinder.exe. Click on "Common Base" and enter your model name with cust. Search on "Type" for FullOTA-MF and click on FILELIST. After you can copy with right click on changelog and above in the symbol "check availability" you can check, if the Firmware is approved (even with your IMEI, if you like)...

→ In the second post there is a step by step guide to rebrand your Huawei P9 to EVA-AL10 (including the links) and update to Android 8 Oreo.

Download P9-EVA-HWOTA7-v1.1.zip (New Version) .: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904009015

MD5: ef9cda1600700d2e321d28a19af91b83

→ Extract the zip on your PC, the zip contains the folder: HWOTA7 - Copy the folder to C:\ = C:\HWOTA7

Changelog v1.1:

Added: "cmd-here-exe" in HWOTA7\tools\windows. Run the file as an administrator for general operations using ADB or Fastboot Mode.

You can flash an Image (ramdisk, recovery_ramdisk, system.img...) out of this folder. → Same function as "Minimal ADB and Fastboot"

Removed: "archive-recoverys" - no longer necessary for the use of this Tool.

P9-EVA-HWOTA7-v1.0.zip (Previous version) .: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528058313

MD5: e42911f2240bb7364d3164a4166433dc

Have fun :cowboy:

Credits:

@Atarii EVA-NoCheck Recovery

@OldDroid Android 7 TWRP for P9-EVA, TWRPs for many Huawei devices, Lead Developer/Maintainer Open Kirin Team

@Pretoriano80 Android 8 TWRP for many Huawei devices

@arshilhonor6x Guide to EMUI 8 for Honor 6

@reynard1 @vampirian @dkionline Thank you for cooperation and exchange

@urbanmec Huawei Tweak Professor :)

XDA:DevDB Information

HWOTA7-P9-EVA, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P9

Contributors

Tecalote

Version Information

Current Stable Version: 1.1

Stable Release Date: 2018-07-24

Created 2018-07-25

Last Updated 2018-09-19
I have a bit of free time. So i created a python version of the tool.
It worked for my device, but i'm not sure for others
i hope some senior coders would look into the code and verify it

link : https://mega.nz/folder/tVgGHQiL#q0HsDQYNKbZvs3cGntu4ow

Disclaimer: the same one...i hold no responsibility. i just code for fun.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tecalote

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi Guys! do you have by any chance a downloadable stock recovery image with B550? I can't find it for my Rebranded P9Plus ( to VIE-AL10) anywhere. I want to install it over the twrp because of possible future OTA upadtes maybe.
Thanks a lot!
The same was answered in P9 Plus (VIE) thread (and I have double-checked with @Tecalote): If/when you would need (for future OTA, if it ever comes) stock Recovery, flash Switch-TWRP-to-EMUI-Recovery.zip and don't worry - it will not switch to the old b540 stock Recovery but to your latest b550 stock Recovery (for EVA or VIE, whichever is your phone)

Hi guys.
I updated my P9 as per post 2. Everything works, but there is no google account in Settings. I am also unable to log into the Google Store. The Google Store screen says "sign in", but when I click, nothing happens.
I am asking for help in solving this problem.
Since you were updating to b550 from a working b540, you didn't need to install anything for Google play - it should have continue working like for the others who updated to b550 and did not have a problem with Google Play and Google account

If you didn't resolve the problem, try Factory reset from Settings (before Factory reset, you must uninstall Magisk)

Upon Factory reset, check if SIM(s) are working and re-apply Network patch (only) if needed.
Google Play Services comes with the firmware and you must not install Services, some Open Source GApps (if you are not familiar with and you know how to support yourself) or so

Just, if you would not find the Google Play(store) app, then install the latest version from apkmirror (not the two years old version from OP post #2):
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...-7-23-21-0-pr-329631432-android-apk-download/

Last edited:

Andrzej Krzysiek

Jan 1, 2005
I have performed the action of "restore to factory settings" and after restarting TWRP. What next steps should I do?

Sorry for such a simple question, but I don't want to spoil anything. Apart from google services, everything works well and stably. Many thanks for your work.
The application that requires google services does not work: PlayStore, FamilyLink, InPost Mobile.

Last edited:

andrzej626

Sep 1, 2020
I have performed the action of "restore to factory settings" and after restarting TWRP. What next steps should I do?

Sorry for such a simple question, but I don't want to spoil anything. Apart from google services, everything works well and stably. Many thanks for your work.
The application that requires google services does not work: PlayStore, FamilyLink, InPost Mobile.

Welcome back. I think I broke my phone. From what I read, to restore factory settings, I must have OTA, not TWRP. I downloaded the file EVA-b540-EMUI-RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img and put it in the C: \ HWOTA7 \ tools \ Windows directory and in CMD I entered "adb reboot bootloader", and then: "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk EVA-b540-EMUI-RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img". After reboot, I have this and there is nothing I can do:

https%3A%2F%2Fimage.ibb.co%2Fb57xqQ%2FIMG_20170721_WA0009.jpg

Is the phone only to the trash now?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Welcome back. I think I broke my phone. From what I read, to restore factory settings, I must have OTA, not TWRP. I downloaded the file EVA-b540-EMUI-RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img and put it in the C: \ HWOTA7 \ tools \ Windows directory and in CMD I entered "adb reboot bootloader", and then: "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk EVA-b540-EMUI-RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img". After reboot, I have this and there is nothing I can do:

1) If your phone is not P9 but P9 Plus, or if you were on b535 or b537, then flashing the wrong Recovery (P9 b540) should cause brick

Guys, instead of manually flashing (the wrong) stock Recovery, look to the OP posts and find a zip for TWRP to restore stock Recovery - it was also mentioned in one of my recent answers

You should still be able to manually reboot to Fastboot and to flash another/proper Recovery

2) Alternatively, reboot to eRecovery and take Install latest firmware and recovery, to bring you to b550

3) You can also use search icon in this thread to search for: service repair

I posted several times about, so find where to download and how to install (DLOAD). Service repair will restore b528, then you will have to take OTAs to b550

That service repair is for P9, not P9 Plus. I never searched for, maybe on that server they have also a service repair for P9 Plus (or somewhere else)

Last edited:

This is normal after unlock bootloader.
Flash firmware again
Sory. I looked wrong but flash firmware again :laugh:

Last edited:

andrzej626

Sep 1, 2020
I do not know if this is normal, but only after I connected the phone to the computer and pressed Power and Vol - the phone started in Fastboot mode. I flashed TWRP and used HuRUpdater according to post # 3B, uploaded Oreo and now everything works perfectly, including google services. The old Huawei P9 can easily handle Oreo. Thanks.

I don't want to spam, but probably many people in this thread have already exchanged HUAWEI P9 for a newer model and have some experience. I would like to get a hint: which phone would be better P10 Plus feel P20?

Last edited:

knobblysnail

Sep 12, 2017
Face Unlock patch works on B550

Got the OTA, it failed to install in stock recovery. After some tries the phone rebooted to b540 and downloaded FULL-OTA, which installed successfully. After the update I had to go back to TWRP and flash the network patch, which worked fine. The face unlock patch on the other hand makes TWRP crash.

I also had to download the full 2.6GB OTA to update to B550, but for me both the network and face unlock patches worked perfectly :)
I only installed the face unlock patch after I had first booted to confirm network connectivity.

md sabuj

Apr 5, 2015
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
Thanks for pointing out the steps - how we can go back to current version of EMUI - It explains exactly what I have recommended to you in Telegram Chat.
I just want to add a few comments. :)

A) The guide can not only be used to return from Open Kirin Roms to EMUI - it can also be used to restore the current EMUI firmware (if you're on EMUI)

B) To Point 1 (Backup) - Users without Root can Backup data and apps with (Huawei) "Backup" from "Tools" folder on Homescreen → recommended to use external SD Card. Additional I recommend to backup important folders from internal storage.

C) eRecovery can be used for restoring current firmware → without Unroot (no problem, if Magisk is installed) → without EMUI-Stock-Recovery (it works also with installed TWRP) → There is no need to restore something before like we would do if we update the phone with OTA.

D) Just make a backup (step 1) and boot to eRecovery and do steps 2-4 (if you are not on "Open-Kirin ROM" but on EMUI - skip step 5) and finally do step 6 This method has been tested by me several times on P9 EVA and P9 VIE !

E) To clarify once again the difference between EMUI-Stock-Recovery and eRecovery - the Buttons you use are the same: Vol+ and Power
- but if the phone is connected with USB to charger = booting to eRecovery
- without USB connection = booting to EMUI Stock Recovery (or TWRP, if it is installed instead of Stock Recovery)

I want to go back to EMUI8 from openkirin ROM, My erecovery is downloading a Firmware named EVA-AL10 8.0.0.550(C00) instead of AL10C00B528 (mentioned in a comment). Is it okay to go with this firmware or it will create any problem?

Tecalote

Aug 6, 2015
Leipzig
Honor Magic4 Pro
I want to go back to EMUI8 from openkirin ROM, My erecovery is downloading a Firmware named EVA-AL10 8.0.0.550(C00) instead of AL10C00B528 (mentioned in a comment). Is it okay to go with this firmware or it will create any problem?

The Firmware is the newest and it's okay to use it.
Important is, that you do a Factory reset by EMUI Recovery or system wouldn't start.

md sabuj

Apr 5, 2015
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
The Firmware is the newest and it's okay to use it.
Important is, that you do a Factory reset by EMUI Recovery or system wouldn't start.
After successfully download the firmware via erecovery its recommended me to do factory reset and I did it then Phone got stuck in "Your device is booting now" screen.:crying:

Edit: Phone booted successfully after doing another factory reset with wiping cache, First time I forgot to wipe cache.

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
What would be the rooting process of B550 Firmware?
This is all EMUI 8, hence the same ss described in OP for b528-b540

You need to find and download b550 update.zip, unzip, use Huawei Update Extractor to extract ramdisk.img

Install Magisk Manager, patch the image (Recovery option must be Off) and flash to Ramdisk

Btw, search through the posts by other users who upgraded to b550 and installed Magisk. Somebody can also share you his already patched ramdisk img, then you just flash it

Last edited:

md sabuj

Apr 5, 2015
Dhaka
www.facebook.com

You need to find and download b550 update.zip, unzip, use Huawei Update Extractor to extract ramdisk.img

Install Magisk Manager, patch the image (Recovery option must be Off) and flash to Ramdisk

Btw, search through the posts by other users who upgraded to b550 and installed Magisk. Somebody can also share you his already patched ramdisk img, then you just flash it
What if a backup my ramdisk.img via twrp and then patch it by Magisk Managr? and then flash it to ramdisk partition via twrp?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
What if a backup my ramdisk.img via twrp and then patch it by Magisk Managr? and then flash it to ramdisk partition via twrp?
I was also thinking about when writing the quoted post but I sold my P9 half a year ago, and I'm no more sure what I e.g. tested long ago for b540 and Magisk

It definitely works for TWRP backup of boot.emmc.win (exactly the same file as boot.img and name does not matter for patching) but EMUI 8 has Ramdisk instead

You can test (you must backup to SD card) and check if Magisk Manager reports any error when patching ramdisk.emmx.win

Once you patch it, you can flash from TWRP (I always use TWRP for flashing and take Fastboot only for unlocking and initial installation of TWRP) - again, you must copy the patched img to SD card that TWRP can read

If anything goes wrong you can restore Ramdisk from TWRP

Btw, theoretically Ramdisk can be disk-dumped from TWRP Terminal by:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ramdisk of=/sdcard/ramdisk.img

but TWRP cannot store to sdcard=Internal memory
(you may try to find how to define of= to store to the real SD card) - try with e.g. external_sd instead of sdcard (?)

Last edited:

md sabuj

Apr 5, 2015
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
Rooting B550 Firmware

Thank You.
Successfully rooted P9 installed B550 Firmware.
Downloaded This Full OTA firmware via Huawei Firmware Finder and then extracted ramidsk.img then patched with magisk.
Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity was ticked.
With Dual SIM Network Patch and Face Unlock Patch.

Here is my patched ramdisk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-155145.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-155145.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20200922-155158.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-155158.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20200922-155133.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-155133.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Thank You.
Successfully rooted P9 installed B550 Firmware.
Downloaded ThisFull OTA firmware via Huawei Firmware Finder and then extracted ramidsk.img then patched with magisk.
Preserve force encryption and Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity was ticked.
With Dual SIM Network Patch and Face Unlock Patch.

Here is my patched ramdisk
Thank you - the others can now simply install Magisk to b550:
- Download and flash your magisk_patched.img to Ramdisk (from TWRP or Fastboot)
- Reboot to system
- Install Magisk Manager (Stable, currently v7.5.1), it must show that b550 is rooted
- Make sure that Magisk Hide is turned On in Magisk Manager settings

Edit:
It passes SafetyNet ?

PS: Hide your IMEIs?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am sorry, but I can't continue support for you, because I don't have P9 anymore since a long time.
    Rebrand-Update-Tool HWOTA7 for Huawei P9-EVA

German Thread (not updated yet): https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...-p9-eva-inoffizielles-oreo-update.884138.html

→ HWOTA7 Tool for P9 Plus VIE is different: https://xdaforums.com/p9-plus/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-plus-vie-t3843930/

In 2018, the P9 was still being used by many users. Many were annoyed because Huawei did not provide the Android 8 update for the European models. The Chinese models got Oreo and there was really no reason why European models didn't get it.

HWOTA7 offers the possibility to change the model of the P9. This allows, for example, a Chinese model to be converted into a European one - and a European model into a Chinese one. In order to update the P9 to Android 8, it is necessary to convert the respective European model (EVA-L09 or EVA-L19) to a Chinese model (EVA-AL10).

The instructions for this conversion and the Oreo update can be found in the next post #2:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva.3820849/post-77161313

Basic information:
    → HWOTA7 for EVA is programmed ONLY for to use on Android 7 (Nougat). It does not work on Android 8 Oreo (and it doesn't work on Android 6). Of course you can update from Android 7 to Android 8, but to go back to Nougat from Oreo this tool cannot be used. There is another solution for this purpose, you can find it in post #3:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva.3820849/post-77161314

→ The hardware and firmware of the different P9-EVA models is different. For example, if you convert an EVA-L09 (SINGLE-SIM) to an EVA-L19 (DUAL-SIM), you will not get a DUAL-SIM function. If you convert the European P9 to a Chinese P9 - which is necessary to update to Oreo - no mobile network will work at first because the chip is different and the Chinese firmware only addresses the real Chinese models. Therefore it is necessary to flash a network patch after updating to Oreo (see instructions Post #2).

→ With HWOTA7 you can just update your current Firmware with FullOTA-MF Firmware (3 zip files, two of them renamed), but the Firmware you use MUST match your device model and cust (for exampel, if your device ist EVA-L09C432 you cannot use C636 Firmware). For updating your Firmware with HWOTA7 you choose: Using the script /1. Change firmware

→ You can rebrand (convert your phone model) between L09/L19/L29 and all Chinese Brands (remember: your hardware does not change) by choosing in HWOTA7: Using the script /2. Change location. (14 oeminfo files are included for different locations and cust).
    With this option you can debrand from Vodafone/Telekom to the open european cust C432 for example (which is not branded to a Cellular Provider) - or you can rebrand a chinese modell (for example EVA-AL00C00, EVA-AL10C00) to EVA-L19C432 (which has also Dual-Sim).
    If you own a chinese modell and it is already on Oreo, you have to downgrade first with HiSuite to Android 7, then you can use HWOTA7 Tool to change location for example to EVA-L19C432. Immediately afterwards it is necessary to flash the appropriate firmware for EVA-L19.

→ If your Phone has SIM Lock, Debranding does not unlock mobile network - you can do that with HCU Client by DC Unlocker

→ Before you change anything, make a note of the build-number from the "About phone" settings. This is important to know if you want to go back to the original phone model.
    To revert to the original model, the correct oeminfo is required (14 are included in HWOTA7 tool) - if your model is not there, backup the oeminfo with TWRP. If you send me these, I can integrate them into the tool. The oeminfo of the P9 models on Android 7 does not contain any security-related, device-specific information such as IMEI or serial number.
    And you need the firmware files corresponding to the model.

Where can I get the model-specific firmwares?
    The new HWOTA7 Tool Version 1.2 contains the folder "1.Firmwares" This contains already the starting firmware for EVA-L09C432 and EVA-L19C432, as well as the required Android 7 firmware for EVA-AL10 and the Android 8 update firmware for EVA -AL10. The firmwares are already renamed correctly to work with the HWOTA7 tool.
    The "1.Firmwares" folder also contains the "2.Downgrade-EVA-AL10-Andr.8-to-Andr.7" subfolder. It contains a HWOTA.zip that allows you to downgrade from Android 8 to Android 7 by using the SD card + TWRP. After that, the HWOTA7 tool can be used again to return to the original model (Instruction for that see Post #3)

The most important firmwares are already included in the HWOTA7 tool to update from Nougat to Oreo and also to return to Android 7 and EVA-L09/EVA-L19(C432).
    Of course I cannot include all firmwares that are available for the different models and locations.

In 2018 and for some time afterwards, it was pretty easy to find the right firmwares with the Firmwarefinder (by Developer MT). This option no longer exists!
    If you need a different firmware (than included) for your original model, this is the only way: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-treble-microg-lineageos-16-0-for-huawei-p9.4078383/post-85016053
    But for that you must use the new URL: https://professorjtj.github.io/

If you download firmwares from that source, the firmwares must always contain 3 zip files.
    And you must rename two of the zip files, because the HWOTA7 is programmed to only work with those names:
    update.zip = update.zip (do not rename)
    update_full_EVA-XXX_XXX_cn.zip - rename to: update_all_hw.zip
    update_data_full_public.zip - rename to: update_data_public.zip

→ You should disable "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows Explorer's file options under the "View" tab. Because if you unintentionally rename the update_all_hw.zip to "update_all_hw.zip.zip", flashing the firmware will not work.

Requirements:
    You need the Bootloader Unlock code for your phone → if you do not have it, it can be read out with HCU Client by DC Unlocker (4 credits = about 4 EUR).
    Developer Options must be enabled and inside: → OEM Unlock + ADB Debugging in charging only mode + USB Debugging (in this order) enabled
    HiSuite HDB in Settings on the phone should be disabled, HiSuite on PC should be closed in the background
    You need a working USB Connection (drivers) between P9-EVA and PC (MTP, ADB and Fastboot → Allow access to the phone, accept RSA key fingerprint)
    The battery should be charged.
    Backup your important data (folders from internal storage such as WhatsApp, DCIM, Downloads, Music, etc. - as well as user apps with data, contacts, calendars, sms, etc.) → The internal storage is erased several times during this process. Follow the instructions.

HWOT7 is working on Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and 11 by using update_eng.bat (it does not have to be run with administrator rights). The instructions in the thread are formulated for Windows users.

For Linux computers read post from @leodp : https://xdaforums.com/t/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva.3820849/post-83916865
    or/and use the tipp by @MSe1969 - which is the contributor of the amazing → Treble ROM based on LinegeOS 16, MicroG and Bromite WebView always up-to-date for Huawei P9 (Update to Oreo-Firmware required):
    "A hint for Linux users: The HWOTA tool is in fact a windows wrapper around Linux shell scripts, so there is no real need to use Windows, if you have a working Linux installation ( however, make sure to replace the 'mkdir' commands in hwota_eng.sh with 'mkdir -p' ).

For MacOS computers use: https://github.com/feedsbrain/hwota7

Download P9-EVA-HWOTA7-v1.2.zip:
    11,9 GB, MD5: 5e93700221dfd8f2d5083d2cf22706f1
    https://mega.nz/folder/XNRjBJAS#7Ne--slFgj0IsFbQwrlaLw

Changelog:
    v1.2
    : Added required Firmwares + HWOTA-SD-Card/TWRP-Downgrade from Oreo Tool + oeminfo for EVA-L29C636
    v1.1: Added "cmd-here-exe" in HWOTA7\tools\windows. Run the file as an administrator for general operations using ADB or Fastboot Mode. You can flash an Image (ramdisk, recovery_ramdisk, system.img...) out of this folder. → Same function as "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" . Removed: "archive-recoverys" - no longer necessary.
    v1.0 Stable Initial release:
    Note: The HWOTA Tool is/was available for many Huawei devices. I do not know which person or group has programmed originally. I just took an "empty one" and modified the existing script to work with Huawei EVA, provided the required images (oeminfos, Recoverys, frp-file for eva..) and tested everything on my own device.

How to use the Tool:
    Download P9-EVA-HWOTA7-v1.2.zip, unzipp/extract it on the computer with 7zip. The zip file contains the main folder "HWOTA7" Just place this folder (unzipped) as it is to storage C:\ (means: C:\HWOTA7).
    The subfolder "1.Firmwares" is located in the HWOTA7 folder. This contains the most important 3-part firmwares, but each packed in just one zip file (to reduce the upload size).
    The firmware that you need must therefore first be unpacked.
    The zip files contained therein (= 3-part firmware) must be copied to the "update" subfolder without being unzipped. → C:\HWOTA7\update - this is the main working folder.

With a double click on the "update_eng.bat" the rebrand/update tool "HWOTA7" is executed and a terminal window opens.

If you are on custom ROM, first go back to Stock Firmware ("Using script" and "Change firmware" - use the Firmware that matches your device and cust)
    HWOTA7 is self-explanatory. It detects what to do and prompts you to press certain key combinations or enter the unlock code.
    → The USB cable between the phone and PC remains connected throughout the process!
    → The phone is connected to the PC via USB and you start with the key combination: VOL- and Power Button key into Fastboot mode.
    → Only press "Enter" in the terminal if the described step, in the line before, was executed.
    → If you face an error like: "adb: error: connect failed: no devices/emulators found" - close Terminal, reboot phone into Fastboot mode and restart HWOTA7
    → When the Bootloader is locked, the tool will unlock the Bootloader with the code. Thereafter, a factory reset is performed by clearing the internal storage = Lowlevel Wipe.
    When the Bootloader is open, the tool automatically flashes TWRP and prompts you to press (and hold) VOL+ and Power Button to start into TWRP.
    After you click 2x in the terminal on "Enter"
    → Before you choose: 2. Using the script and 1. Change firmware or 2. Change location - make sure, the 3-part FullOTA-MF Firmware is already in the update folder: C:\HWOTA7\update - and two of the three zip files are correct renamed (included Firmwares are already renamed)

Important difference between four situations:

1) When the Bootloader is closed, HWOTA7 opens it with the code, a "lowlevel" factory reset is performed and the device must then boot into the system. In the setup everything can be skipped (which is possible) - but the developer options must be switched on (1.ADB Debugging + 2.USB Debugging enabled). And HiSuite HDB disabled.

2) If you select "Change firmware" to flash the firmware, the tool copies the ZIP files to the phone in the /data directory, flashes the Nocheck recovery, and installs the firmware. In this case, you also need to boot into the system and check if Developer options with the required settings are enabled.

3) But if you do the step: "Change location" - this step is different! The tool will flash the corresponding "oeminfo", close the Bootloader and request the Unlock code to unlock the device and force a "lowlevel" factory reset → In this case (only), you should NOT boot into the system after the reset. Wait until the EMUI recovery is 100% done with the reset. Then comes the message "Reset succesful, device will restart" Now press (only) the VOL+ button and keep it pressed so that the device starts into TWRP. Now click on "Enter" in the terminal. HWOTA7 now copies the firmware to the device, flashes the Nocheck recovery, reboots and flashes the firmware belonging to the "oeminfo". After this step, the device must be booted into the system.

4) If the device boots into the system and you have a black screen, with an input field in the middle and possibly the keyboard (do not get worried) - the Bootloader was locked by the firmware during rebranding. In this case, press the Power Button to restart and hold down the VOL- button during the restart to start the device into Fastboot mode. Close the Terminal Script and restart update_eng.bat. Click on "Enter" in the Terminal and HWOTA7 will ask you for the Unlock Code and unlock again the Bootloader. Confirm the unlock on the device with the keys, then there is a factory reset followed by a reboot into the system. Now everything is fine.

→ Hint: If you face any error during Firmware will be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - like: "connect failed, no devices/emulators found" – do following:
    Close HWOTA7 Terminal and use menu "Reboot" of TWRP to reboot into Bootloader, start again update_eng.bat - TWRP will be flashed again - boot into TWRP with VOL+ and Power Button - allow system modification - hit "Enter" in HWOTA7 Terminal - Firmware will now again be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - "System update should start automatically" - Phone will make reboot and flash the Firmware correctly.

Have fun :)

Credits:
    @Atarii EVA-NoCheck Recovery
    @OldDroid Android 7 TWRP for P9-EVA, TWRPs for many Huawei devices, Lead Developer/Maintainer Open Kirin Team
    @Pretoriano80 Android 8 TWRP for many Huawei devices
    @arshilhonor6x Guide to EMUI 8 for Honor 6
    @reynard1 @vampirian @dkionline Thank you for cooperation and exchange
    @urbanmec Thanks for many hints and tweaks
    @zgfg Thanks for great support and help for users of this Thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    HWOTA7-P9-EVA, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    Tecalote

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2022-06-22
    (Old Stable Version: 1.1 / 2018-07-24)

Created: 2018-07-25
    Last Updated: 2022-06-22
    2022-06-21: This Post is under construction - please wait until the update is ready
    Old text:

Unofficial Update for European EVA-models to official OREO

final-make-it-possible-v2-png.658094

Unofficial method to update European models of Huawei P9 EVA to official Android Oreo
    - for EVA-L09 - EVA-L19 - EVA-L29

Originally, all models of the P9 EVA and P9 Plus VIE should receive the Android Oreo update. Unfortunately, Huawei has decided to only supply the Chinese models with Android 8.
    For this reason, there is an unofficial way to update to the official Oreo → by rebranding the European models to EVA-AL10.
    Note:
    This Guide is for P9 EVA → P9 VIE HWOTA7 with a separate guide to the Oreo update you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/p9-plus/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-plus-vie-t3843930

Oreo runs smoothly and well on the P9, the battery last longer and with Android 8 there is Treble Support. Since it is possible to update P9 to Oreo -
    Huawei P9 is officially supported by the OpenKirin Team:https://xdaforums.com/p9/development/roms-openkirin-aosp-collection-t3828806
    Here is a small Guide how to go back from OpenKirin to EMUI: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77905152&postcount=833

Preparation for the update to Oreo:
    If you are on any Custom Rom - go back to Stock firmware first - before rebrand to another location!
    You should be on the latest approved Firmware for your device - if you have not the latest approved Firmware, use HWOTA7 Tool to update your Firmware.
    Do for every case a Backup (TitaniumBackup /Huawei Backup - without System-Apps/Settings) before. TWRP Backup makes no sence, because you can not restore it on Oreo! [/B]Make sure, the Update-Firmware is copied to the folder C:\HWOTA7\update - and two zip files are RENAMED as mentioned in OPread OP Post#1. Update your Firmware by using the script (HWOTA7 Terminal: 2. Using the script + 1. Change firmware)

Instructions for updating to Oreo by rebranding your phone to EVA-AL10:
    Requirements:
    A) HWOTA7 Tool
    B) Bootloader Unlock Code for your device
    C) For rebranding from EVA-L09 or EVA-L19 or EVA-L29 to → EVA-AL10 you need to download the following 2 Firmwares:
    EVA-AL10b399Sp17a /Android 7 (this Firmware is required for the Update to Oreo):

EVA-AL10C00B540 (8.0.0.540) /Android 8 Oreo:

Steps:
    0) Check: Your original device is updated to the latest Firmware - you had downloaded the two EVA-AL10 Firmwares (Nougat, Oreo) - you made a Backup from personal folders of your internal storage (WhatsApp-DCIM-Download-etc. folders) and a Backup from your (User) apps, contacts, calendar etc. - HiSuite is closed on PC and disabled in settings on the phone - Developer Options are enabled with OEM Unlock and ADB Debugging + USB Debugging enabled - the 3 Firmware zip files for EVA-AL10b399Sp17a are in the C:\HWOTA7\update folder (two files renamed as descriped in OP Post #1)

1) Connect your device with USB to PC and start from HWOTA7 main folder: update_eng.bat - Accept possibly the RSA query on the display of the P9
    2) Restart P9 into Fastboot mode (use restart/restart and press VOL- /or shutdown phone and press VOL- and Power Button)
    Note: During all steps USB Cable stays connected between phone and PC and you hit "Enter" in Terminal only, if the step, which is written before, is already done!
    3) HWOTA7-terminal detects if Bootloader is open or closed - if the Bootloader is closed go to 4) - if the Bootloaer is open go to 7)
    4) Terminal ask you for the Unlock code - enter the Unlock code and confirm the Unlock on the phone
    5) The P9 reboots and an automatic factory reset is done with internal storage wipe (lowlevel reset) - wait until the phone reboot to system. Skip everything during setup (except what can not be skipped) - Important: Enable Developer Options with ADB Debugging and USB Debugging
    6) Restart your P9 into Fastboot mode - now hit "Enter" Button - HWOTA7 Terminal will flash automatically TWRP for Android 7 and gives you the order to boot into TWRP by pressing VOL+ and Power Button (dont hit "enter" before this step is done)
    7) In TWRP swipe to allow system modification - now hit "enter" (2x) in the Terminal - after a short while you will see: Upgrade Options
    8) 2. Using script: 2.Change location - you will see a list of available "oeminfo" - use: 2.EVA-AL10C00
    → Note: The Firmware for EVA-AL10/Nougat must be already in the update folder (and two zip files renamed)!
    9) HWOTA7 flashes now oeminfo for AL10, Bootloader is getting closed, confirm the Unlock on device - automatic factory reset is executed, wait until 99% and 100% restarts the phone → NOW PRESS VOL+ to boot the phone into TWRP instead of system!
    10) Allow system modification in TWRP and hit "enter" Button for Terminal - HWOTA7 copies now the firmware to the directory: /data/update/HWOTA - restart phone automatically and flashes the Firmware with EVA_RECOVERY_NoCheck.
    After the P9 has started into the system - you may see a black screen with an input field and a keyboard - if yes, go to 11) - if no, go to 13)
    11) Close HWOTA7 Terminal and press Power Button on P9 to restart your Phone, restart phone, in the moment of restart press VOL- Button to boot into Fastboot Mode → Bootloader is closed. BTW: Chinese Brands dont have FRP.
    12) Open update_eng.bat, click enter, enter the Unlock code, confirm Unlock on phone, phone makes a Factory reset with lowlevel wipe. Then the P9 starts automatically into the system. Now you have already rebranded to EVA-AL10c00b399sp17a / Nougat. :good:
    13) Accept the terms and conditions (Huawei + Google Services) and skip the rest, what can be skipped. Do not be nervous, the P9 has no IMEI at the moment and no mobile network. This is normal. In Settings/Advanced settings menu disable: "Trust Space" and "HiSuite HDB". In Settings/About phone/Build Number/7x click - enable Developer options - go into menu/Developer options and enable ADB-Debugging and USB-Debugging (in this order)
    14) Click enter in Terminal, select 2. No, I would not and HWOTA7 will be closed. → Change now the Firmware in the update folder to EVA-AL10C00B540 (8.0.0.540) /Android 8 Oreo (remember: two zip files has to be renamed!)

15) Start again update_eng.bat. Reboot phone into Fastbood Mode. Hit "enter" for Terminal - TWRP will be flashed automatically - reboot with VOL+ and Power Button into TWRP - allow system modification - hit "enter" in HWOTA7 Terminal
    16) Use Upgrade options: 2.Using the script - 1.Change firmware (Same brand update /but Oreo)
    17) Click enter in Terminal, Firmware will be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - "System update should start automatically" → if you receive any error like: "connect failed, no devices/emulators found" - go to 18) - if everything is okay go to 19)
    18) Close HWOTA7 Terminal and use menu of TWRP to reboot into Bootloader, start again update_eng.bat - TWRP will be flashed again - boot into TWRP with VOL+ and Power Button - allow system modification - hit "enter" in HWOTA7 Terminal - Firmware will be copied to: /data/update/HWOTA - Phone will make reboot and flash the Firmware for Oreo automatically.

19) You have now successfully updated to Android 8. :good: Phone will reboot into EVA-AL10C00B540 (8.0.0.540) Oreo. → You should accept the terms and conditions (Huawei + Google Services) - otherwise Playstore will not work later! Do not enable WLAN and do not set up your phone (Fingerprint etc)right now! - skip, what can be skipped. → You will have "unknown IMEI" and no mobile network at the moment, that is normal.
    Open Settings/System and enable again Developer Options/ADB+USB Debugging. In Settings /Security+Privacy you can find "Trust Space" - disable it - and in same menu you find in "More" "Allow HiSuite to use HDB" - disable it!
    → Now we must do some steps that the phone is able to recognize the IMEI and mobile network as well as NFC on L09 and Dual-SIM on L19/L29 and disable Chinese apps, which we do not need in Europe.

20) Downloads:
    TWRP for Oreo P9-EVA-8.0.0-TWRP-v4.img: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903998750 - we need this to flash the important changes to system without the need of Root
    This TWRP is made by @Pretoriano80 for Honor 9 Lite. I made just small changes for hi3650. You can backup and restore everything, except data! There is no access to /data - means: you can not do Factoryreset from TWRP - and decryption of the internal storage for the TWRP session is not working. → For Backkup and restore data you can use HiSuite or Huawei Backup or Titanium Backup. MTP ist working, when you just disable/enable it once.

Network-Patch zip files (new released 03.03.2019):
    → select the zip according to your original model (which you had before rebranding to EVA-AL10)
    → Copy the zip file to the external SD or to the USB Stick, which you connect to P9 after with OTG cable. Since TWRP can currently not access /data (internal storage) - you can not flash this Patches without → external SD or USB OTG
    The Network Patch zip files can be used for b540. If you are already on Oreo and have an older Firmware (b528, b535), you must update first to b540.
    Update from older Oreo Firmware to b540: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77161303&postcount=5

EVA-L09_b540-SingleSIM_NetworkPatch-v2.6.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397910447
    MD5: 8662c7129945f5bc2236e8f87031b793

EVA-L19_b540-DualSIM_NetworkPatch-v2.6.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397910449
    MD5: 46dc8f974cb345027746d88ac141f6e1

EVA-L29_b540-DualSIM_NetworkPatch-v2.6.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397910453
    MD5: afac13a9e6445b6d5a2beb8289abda6b

VIE-EVA-FaceUnlock-Oreo-v1.5.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397898660
    MD5: 973d006c55fa812d722b653a57c844c0

Installing NetworkPatch-v2.6 and optional VIE-EVA-FaceUnlock-Oreo-v1.5
    → You just need one Network patch. This must match your original model - which you had before rebranding!

21) Copy the downloaded TWRP into the folder C:\HWOTA7\tools\Windows - connect P9 with USB to PC - right click on cmd-here-exe (run as administrator) - type: adb reboot bootloader (enter, to restart your P9 Plus into Fastboot mode) Flash now TWRP in Fastboot Mode:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk P9-EVA-8.0.0-TWRP-v4.img
    22) Disconnect the USB cable from P9 and press (with the left hand) VOL+ and Power Button (with the right hand) and keep pressing until the Phone is rebooted into TWRP.

23) On the first Screen click on "Cancle" (because decryption is not working) but swipe to confirm to "Allow System modification"
    → Go to: Install /select storage: Micro SD (or USB-OTG) and choose your downloaded NetworkPatch.zip file. If you like, you can use the function down left "Add zip file" and choose the VIE-EVA-FaceUnlock-Oreo-v1.5.zip

24) Swipe to confirm flashing the Network Patch (and the optional added VIE-EVA-FaceUnlock-Oreo-v1.5.zip file)
    25) If you had used an older NetworkPatch before flashing the newest one - go back to the main menu of TWRP, go to wipe → advanced wipe and choose only "cache" (not Dalvik) → but if you are new on Oreo b540 you can skip this step
    26) Reboot to the system
    27) Finally, Playstore and any keyboard is needed. Download the apks from here (February 2019): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290476
    28) Install it, enable keyboard, open Playstore and log into your account. After that reboot your phone. Now you can update apps, download and install your favorite apps and additional all other Google apps from Playstore → do not flash GApps instead!

29) After you have installed all required files, you have currently TWRP installed → this is good for Users, which like to have Root and disabled OTA.
    Root Guide can be found here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77161300&postcount=4

→ But if you like to enable OTA instead:
    A) Download and flash: Enable-Hwota.zip from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290481
    B) Go back to the main menu of TWRP and Reboot to Bootlader
    C) flash in Fastboot mode the Stock EMUI Recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk EVA-b540-EMUI-RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img
    Download from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397898706

Reboot Phone and enjoy :)

As Mirror for the Downloads you can use also the Mega folder by @zgfg
    https://mega.nz/#F!JwkVyRya!Rb7OUE0z3PEpXBRxGOM-vQ
    @zgfg is the official authorized supporter for this thread. He give you a lot of help and support and he do a lot of tests, before we release new Patches.
    Many Thanks!

If you search for older files (Network Patches etc) for older Firmwares, you can also search my folder on Android Filehost:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=124276

Note: It is not possible to lock the Bootloader on to EVA-AL10 rebranded phone with Network Patch and FaceUnlock! This would revert all the required changes and in the worst case push your phone into a bricked state.
    → But what you can do with installed EMUI Recovery (instead of TWRP): You can do from settings /system /reset a Factoryreset with wipe of the internal storage (to clean up previous instalations) → in this case the Factoryreset lowlevel does not revert the changes! The only difference is: When you get Push notifications, the Badges over the app symbol on Homescreen will change from numbers to points (which is standard on Oreo) → which is currently not change able in settings without Factoryreset.

Known issues:
    VoLTE and WiFi-Calling is is visible in the menu - but does not work for now!
    If you want synchronisation between Google calendar and EMUI calendar - you need to install Google calendar from Playstore.
    If you like to use Google Assistant and have problems to teach this app with your voice "Hello Google" - just open settings /apps & notifications /standard (default) apps - and choose Google Assistant as default app (then it will work).

→ Please read also the next few posts (Root, current firmware with eRecovery, Update Firmware on Oreo with HWOTA8, going back to EVA-AL10 Nougat and rebrand back to original model)
    2022-06-21: This Post is under construction - please wait until the update is ready

Enable Root Access

Instructions for root access
    Root is not required, but if you still wish, here is the guide:​

Due to the fact TWRP cannot access the encrypted data partition, you cannot JUST flash Magisk!!
    A) But you can flash Magisk with TWRP using a workaround
    B) Alternatively it is possible to flash a Magisk patched ramdisk.img in Fastboot mode

A) Workaround for flashing Magisk with TWRP – for Advanced Users:

1) Download the favorite Magisk version from here (all releases): https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    The actual and newest stable version you can get always from here too: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    2) Copy the flashable Magisk-vXX.zip and Magisk Manager apk to external SD – and make sure, you have Developer options with 1) ADB Debugging and 2) USB Debugging (in this order) enabled.
    3) Reboot device to TWRP, cancle Password, allow system-modification (swipe to confirm)
    4) On the main menu go first to "Mount" - down left click on "Select storage" and choose "Micro SD"
    5) Go back to main menu and open "Advanced" and open "Terminal"
    NOTE:
    If you have got a OTA-Firmware Update with “Patch02” or “Patch01” before flashing the Network Patch (after Network Patch, you will not see this in "About phone"!) or if you don’t remember, then use following both Lines in Terminal, but if you are sure, you have only Firmware without Patch 01 or Patch02, then use just "Keep Force encrypt" Line. Write the Lines in TWRP/Terminal exactly.

6) Write following code with Terminal:
    Code:
    echo KEEPVERITY=true>>/cache/.magisk
    echo KEEPFORCEENCRYPT=true>>/cache/.magisk
    → Confirm each Line with blue/white checkmark on keyboard, before writing the next Line and confirm also the second Line (if you use two)

7) Go back to the main menu to "Install" and flash Magisk - after that reboot phone without wipe of Dalvik/Cache!
    8) Search for Magisk Manager on Homescreen - if it is not installed, just install the Magisk Manager apk
    9) Open Magisk Manager → everything should be okay
    10) Open normal settings /apps & notifications /Magisk Manager /permissions and make sure Magisk Manager has permission for storage.
    11) From Magisk Manager menu above left, section “Downloads” – download and install directly “Busybox for Android NDK” by osmosis – save log and reboot phone.
    → If Magisk get a major update, uninstall first Magisk from Magisk Manager and use “uninstall” button. “Uninstall complete” The phone restarts automatically. After that you can flash the new Magisk and reflash the modules.

B) Flashing Magisk with patched ramdisk.img in Fastboot mode:

If you don’t want flash Magisk with the TWRP workaround – you can use a Magisk patched ramdisk.img instead.

1) You can patch ramdiks.img from update.app by yourself, with following method:
    Extract the update.zip of the current installed Firmware, because we need the UPDATE.APP.
    Download Huawei Extractor v0.9.9.5 from here: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454
    In the settings of the Huawei Extractor disable "verify header checksum" - then put with drag and drop the UDPATE.APP into Huawei Extractor and extract by right click the RAMDISK.img (on earlier Android Versions it would be: BOOT.img)
    2) Copy the original RAMDISK.img to your phone to the internal storage in the folder: Download
    3) Install the latest Magisk Manager: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    4) Open Magisk Manager, Magisk Manager ask you "Install Magisk-vx.zip?" - first click on: no thanks
    5) Since internal storage is encrypted by default, you must first enable the checkbox: "Preserve force encryption"
    5) If you have installed a OTA-Firmware Update with Patch01 or Patch02 – then enable additional the checkbox "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" in Magisk Manager.
    6) Then click on "Install" - "You want to install Magisk-v1x.zip now?" - Install - Patch Boot Image File...
    7) Navigate to Download folder, and choose RAMDISK.img
    8) Magisk will now patch the RAMDISK.img and and once that's done, Magisk will save the patched ramdisk.img with the new name: patched_boot.img in the "Download" folder on internal storage.
    → Do not be confused - this is just named “patched_boot.img, but it is in fact the patched ramdisk.img !
    9) Go to Settings /Apps & notifications/Apps and uninstall Magisk Manager
    10) Now you must flash the “patched_boot.img” – Reboot your phone into Fastboot mode
    Android 8:
    Code:
    fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
    10) Reboot phone, install again newest Magisk Manager, open it and you will be asked: "Requires Additional setup - to you want to proceed now" Yes. → This step is required for to work properly.

2) Instead of doing yourself – you can use the already patched ramdisk.img:.

→ important: the right patched ramdisk img must be used for the right Firmware version (example: b540)
    Magisk patched ramdisk.img you can download always from @zgfg MEGA folder:
    https://mega.nz/#F!JwkVyRya!Rb7OUE0z3PEpXBRxGOM-vQ
    And you can download also from my folder: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290471
    Current version:
    → depending if you have b540 with OTA-Patch02 or b540 without Patch02 (you must know, because after flashing Network Patch you cannot see it in Settings /System /About phone !)

Magisk 18.1 patched ramdisk.img for b540 without OTA-Patch02:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397898715

Magisk 18.1 patched ramdisk.img for b540 Firmware with OTA-Patch02:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397898717

→ if you don’t remember, if you have OTA-Patch02 installed, then use the one for Patch02

Installing patched ramdisk.img:
    Reboot your Phone into Fastboot mode and flash the patched ramdisk.img with following command → depending on which version you install:
    Code:
    fastboot flash ramdisk EVA-b540_Magisk_v18.1_Encrypt-Ramdisk.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash ramdisk EVA-b540_Patch02-Magisk_v18.1_Encrypt_AVB-Ramdisk.img

Google Playstore certification
    You can try it with method by @zgfg:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79070144&postcount=1574
    → If it does not work you can try advanced method:
    1) Set your phone into Flight Mode (no network should be connected)
    2) Open Settings/Apps & notification/Apps and down right in the dot menu click on: show systemprocessing
    3) Go step by step into following Apps (if there): Google - Google Play Store - Google Play Services - Google-Service-Framework - each has the entry: storage - delete ONLY cache /not data
    4) Open with Mixplorer the directory:
    /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs - search for the xml file: finsky.xml
    5) Open finsky.xml with TEXT Mixplorer Text Editor
    6) Search inside finsky.xml for: <boolean name="device-google-certified"value="false" - change it to:
    Code:
    <boolean name="device-google-certified"value="true"
    - means, you change only "false" to: "true"
    7) click on the save symbol to save the changes! - close Mixplorer and everything in the Background
    8) Disable Flight Mode (so Phone search for network connections)
    9) Reboot your Phone
    10) Open Playstore menu /settings/ =certified

If you have problems with current version of Magisk and using Gpay (Google Pay), try following workaround:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79028818&postcount=5

How to uninstall Magisk:
    A) Before you doing an OTA Update, it is required to uninstall Magisk → and also make sure, to have Stock EMUI Recovery installed (instead of TWRP).
    B) In case for a “major” Magisk update it is also sometimes necessary to uninstall Magisk before installing the new version, because with directly update the phone could get a Bootloop. (But normally Magisk updates can be done directly and without uninstalling Magisk before).
    C) If your device can not boot into system due to an incompatible Magisk Module.

• a + b) If you can boot normally to system, you can uninstall Magisk from Magisk Manager - just use the "Uninstall" button “Uninstall complete”. Magisk will be uninstalled and Magisk files deleted from /data directory. Thereafter, the P9 is restarted automatically.
      c) If your device can not boot into system due to an incompatible Magisk Module, you can flash the original EMUI Stock ramdisk.img (which is not patched with Magisk)
      → ramdisk.img must match the Firmware version of your device

For the current Firmware EVA-AL10 b540 you can download the original ramdisk.img here:
      EVA-b540-RAMDISK.img:
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397898709
      You can flash it in Fastboot Mode:
      Code:
      fastboot flash ramdisk EVA-b540-RAMDISK.img
      Alternatively, you can flash the image with TWRP.
      In this case you flash the img with TWRP by using: "flash img" - but important is, you must flash it to: ramdisk (and NOT to recovery_ramdisk !!)
      Soon you have installed the EMUI ramdisk.img, the device can boot to system again and Magisk is disabled.

Enjoy :cowboy::cool:

Credits:
    @osm0sis Busybox for Android NDK
    @Didgeridoohan MagiskHidePropsConfig module
    @topjohnwu Magisk root
    During rebranding you must enable root (for changes to make Mobile connection working, and NFC - for L09), at that time you can remove bloatware
    https://xdaforums.com/p9/developmen...ta7-p9-eva-t3820849/post77238090#post77238090

Later you can remove root

Root is currently necessary, but not anymore in a few days.
    Because I made a Base flash zip, which you can just flash and everything is fine and as it should be.
    I made it for Single SIM and for Dual-SIM.
    That means, soon you are on Oreo - you just flash this Rom and don't have to modify anything..
    It can also be used to go straight after on AOSP Rom, or come back from it and it can also be used as daily driver with and without Root.

I mentioned, that the Thread will become a complete Update...

Regardless, there will be MRv5. :)
    Restore current Firmware - or going back from Oreo to Nougat and rebrand back

Old text:

Restore current firmware (if you are on EMUI or OpenKirin ROM) → check out following Post:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77905152&postcount=833

How to go back from Oreo to Nougat → and rebrand back

A) Method by using HiSuite (on PC):
    1) If you have Magisk Root - uninstall Magisk with Magisk Manager (Button Uninstall)
    2) Make sure, you have EMUI-Stock-Recovery installed (it does not work with TWRP)
    3) Download Huawei HiSuite: https://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/
    4) Update HiSuite on PC to (minimum) version: 8.0.1.302_OVE and connect your Phone with PC and HiSuite.
    5) Let HiSuite install HiSuite App on your Phone - accept the Permission requests. Once that is done:
    6) Click on "Systemupdate" - a new window pop up and show you your current version, click on the Link "Change version" - then you can downgrade to the latest Android 7 AL10 firmware
    7) → then it is possible to use HWOTA7 again for rebranding back...

B) Method by using HuRUpdater → requires external SD or USB OTG:
    If you want to go back from unofficial Oreo to Nougat and rebrand back to your original brand, you can do it with simply steps.
    Note: HuRUpdater can not only be used for Downgrade, it can also be used for Update Firmware - It depends only on which firmware you pack together with HuRUpdater in the folder (which you have created on external SD or USB OTG)
    → The Firmware must be FullOTA-MF (same renaming than with HWOTA7 Tool)

1) Bootloader must be open
    2) Flash TWRP for Oreo Download TWRP by Pretoriano80: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262903998750
    3) Backup your data with Huawei Backup (because TWRP can not acces data for now, because it has no encryption/decryption support)
    4) Make a folder on your external SD and name it: Downgrade or Update (or however) ;)
    5) Copy the 3 Firmware zip files into the folder and make sure, two zip files are renamed (same as you did for HWOTA7)
    6) Download HuRUpdater_0.4.zip from here:http://www.mediafire.com/file/r14sor2g4cbugzw/HuRUpdater_0.4.zip
    7) Copy HuRUpdater into the same folder together with the firmware zip files. If you have the Nougat AL10 zip files inside, you will downgrade.
    The folder contains now 4 files:
    • HuRUpdater_04.zip
      update.zip
      update_all_hw.zip
      update_data_public.zip
    8) Boot into TWRP. It will ask you for password. Just cancle. In TWRP open "Wipe" - but dont wipe anything - you must use the Button on the right Format Data. Confirm with typing: yes. Soon data is formatted, go back to the main menu and open Reboot - but do not reboot System - you must Reboot Recovery
    → Note: Format data is only important until we have TWRP with working data decryption
    9) After TWRP is rebooted go "Install".
    10) Navigate to the folder which containes the files and flash ONLY HuRUpdater_04.zip In some seconds the Akku vibrates - in this moment press for one second the VOL- Button. Now HuRUpdater will flash automatically the FullOTA-MF Firmware.
    11) Once it is done, use on the left: Wipe Cache Button. After go back to the main menu and Reboot RECOVERY.
    12) Your device has rebooted now into EMUI Stock Recovery. From there perform Wipe Cache Partition and Factory reset and boot to system.

Once you are back to Nougat - you can use again the HWOTA7 Tool to rebrand back to your original brand. Just use Change location (for your original cust) and make sure, the Firmware is in the update folder..

Credits:
    @zxz0O0 Many thanks for HuRUpdater :)
    HuRUpdater Thread: https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279