• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Recalibrating BP sensor in Watch4

Search This thread

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
You have to do it from the Samsung Health Monitor app on your phone. It's in the options, but I can't remember which menu specifically. It's in an obscure place though. You could also wait for the calibration to expire.

Reactions: ppurushu and sjgoel

1DvsBstrd

Oct 7, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I calibrated the blood pressure sensor of my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE, but later I found that actual BP monitor used in the process was not accurate.
How to recalibrate the BP sensor only, short of resetting the entire watch?
On your phone go in to samsung health monitor app and click view history at the bottom of the page the click three dot meny and click recalibrate and go through the process again.

Reactions: ppurushu and sjgoel

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
I calibrated the blood pressure sensor of my Galaxy Watch 4 LTE, but later I found that actual BP monitor used in the process was not accurate.
There is a 'Recalibrate' option in Samsung Health Monitor. Just go to 'View History' at the bottom of your Blood Pressure readings, then click on the drop-down menu (the three dots in the upper right corner). If I am not mistaken, you will be prompted to recalibrate the Blood Pressure sensor every 28 days anyway.
*Edit*: Dang everyone was fast to answer this one... 🤣😉

Reactions: sjgoel

Metal-Freak

Jan 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
i was never lucky enough to get the correct reading from the watch 4. My digital BP monitor shows High BP ( 125-90) whereas my watch is showing low BP ( 112-75). Am i the only one getting this incorrect reading or i am doing something wrong
?

Reactions: galaxys

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
i was never lucky enough to get the correct reading from the watch 4. My digital BP monitor shows High BP ( 125-90) whereas my watch is showing low BP ( 112-75). Am i the only one getting this incorrect reading or i am doing something wrong
?
In all likelihood, your BP monitor is more correct than the watch. Btw, 125/90 is not high BP but it can only be conclusive after knowing your age

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
?
If you switched which wrist you wear the watch on or how tightly it will skew the BP reading. Try to keep the conditions as close to as they were at the time of calibration for the most accurate results.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I have been having a total opposite experience, my watch is very accurate knowing that I am hypertensive I bought the watch to have a rough estimate but I have been more than impress with the results when compared to my manual and digital BP cuff. I spent a whole week checking and comparing with all the BP cuffs and watch and It gives around a -+5 difference in the readings from the digital and manual sometimes but most of the times is very accurate, still I mean I use it as a reference and if it's high on the watch the I just go a measure against my medical grade one and all I can say is it works well for how it does it. I do calibrate my watch every weekend tho so I don't know if that has to do with it .

Attachments

• IMG_20211102_231522.jpg
    IMG_20211102_231522.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20211102_230539.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 15

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have been having a total opposite experience, my watch is very accurate knowing that I am hypertensive I bought the watch to have a rough estimate but I have been more than impress with the results when compared to my manual and digital BP cuff. I spent a whole week checking and comparing with all the BP cuffs and watch and It gives around a -+5 difference in the readings from the digital and manual sometimes but most of the times is very accurate, still I mean I use it as a reference and if it's high on the watch the I just go a measure against my medical grade one and all I can say is it works well for how it does it. I do calibrate my watch every weekend tho so I don't know if that has to do with it .
I find very accurate as well! Thanks for your report! Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to do it from the Samsung Health Monitor app on your phone. It's in the options, but I can't remember which menu specifically. It's in an obscure place though. You could also wait for the calibration to expire.
    On your phone go in to samsung health monitor app and click view history at the bottom of the page the click three dot meny and click recalibrate and go through the process again.
    There is a 'Recalibrate' option in Samsung Health Monitor. Just go to 'View History' at the bottom of your Blood Pressure readings, then click on the drop-down menu (the three dots in the upper right corner). If I am not mistaken, you will be prompted to recalibrate the Blood Pressure sensor every 28 days anyway.
    *Edit*: Dang everyone was fast to answer this one... 🤣😉
    ?
    ?
    In all likelihood, your BP monitor is more correct than the watch. Btw, 125/90 is not high BP but it can only be conclusive after knowing your age