Received FAKE Spigen Neo Hybrid *Lots of PICS* BUYERS BEWARE!!

Search This thread

niclz

Nov 30, 2008
I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from a seller on Ebay from the US. I thought everything would be an authentic spigen case but when i received the case today, i was wrong. please refer to the pictures as I describe why it is fake so that you too do not get scammed.

1 - the packaging is incorrect. The original one does not look like this and is not in green.

2 - it does not come with the jelly bean buttons

3 - does not come with the authentication certificate so that you know it is a real one

4 - the power and volume buttons are on the TPU part of the case, then just spray painted the buttons with silver while the original spigen neo hybrid has holes for the power and volume buttons on the TPU part and the actual button is on the bumper part which makes the feel of it more clicky and better.

5 - the engraving on the side of the bumper does not say neo hybrid but NED HYBRID!!!!! are u effin serious!?!?! that right there was a dead give away.

sooo please make sure you check to see if the case has any of these that i mentioned so that you too do not get scammed. these cases are not cheap so you need to make sure you get a genuine part directly from spigen or their dealers. I have already set up a claim with ebay and will set a dispute with paypal, hopefully i get my refund sooner than later... thanks!

Attachments

• 20130524_160316.jpg
    20130524_160316.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 17,143
  • 20130524_160401.jpg
    20130524_160401.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 15,854
  • 20130524_160426.jpg
    20130524_160426.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 14,689
  • 20130524_160341.jpg
    20130524_160341.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 13,916
  • 20130524_160331.jpg
    20130524_160331.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 13,962
  • 20130524_160434.jpg
    20130524_160434.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 12,786
  • 20130524_160439.jpg
    20130524_160439.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 12,123
  • 20130524_160418.jpg
    20130524_160418.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 11,508

rexxcastle

Jan 1, 2012
I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from a seller on Ebay from the US. I thought everything would be an authentic spigen case but when i received the case today, i was wrong. please refer to the pictures as I describe why it is fake so that you too do not get scammed.

1 - the packaging is incorrect. The original one does not look like this and is not in green.

3 - does not come with the authentication certificate so that you know it is a real one

4 - the power and volume buttons are on the TPU part of the case, then just spray painted the buttons with silver while the original spigen neo hybrid has holes for the power and volume buttons on the TPU part and the actual button is on the bumper part which makes the feel of it more clicky and better.

5 - the engraving on the side of the bumper does not say neo hybrid but NED HYBRID!!!!! are u effin serious!?!?! that right there was a dead give away.

sooo please make sure you check to see if the case has any of these that i mentioned so that you too do not get scammed. these cases are not cheap so you need to make sure you get a genuine part directly from spigen or their dealers. I have already set up a claim with ebay and will set a dispute with paypal, hopefully i get my refund sooner than later... thanks!

Here are some rules on ebay..

If the price looks to good to be true it most likely is, you get what you pay for. This is what happens when people try to be cheap and not buy direct. Spigen has a store on ebay that is official.

98% of brand name cell phone cases on ebay are not official.

If you paid close to reg price why didn't you just go to spigen direct? Were you that hard up for a few bucks?

I have a fake otterbox defender i paid about $25 for for my S3, however i didnt get pissed after buying it and you know why? I paid HALF what a real one cost and for the most part its the same damn thing, it It protects my phone just as well

Oh and PS if you message the seller and show him the things that you know make it a fake, and say you are calling spigen to verify authenticity , 9 times out of 10 they will offer a full refund without even shipping the item back

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
Dude what was the sellers name so other people dont get scammed as well

Although I can't clarify for the OP. I also received the exact item he received. Some more notes:

- The counterfeit item is much thicker. Having now compared them. When I received my NED HYBRID, I was like "this is premium? I paid $25 for this?" Quality is very inferior in the knock-off.

- The packaging will have a model# for an S3 in white. They don't change the SKU's on the counterfeit.
- The 3d Authentication Sticker says "Official SGPSTORE.COM Product" - the real one says Official SPIGEN Product or something.

I think they may have recycled the plastic cases from a previous batch (factory left overs) and made up a new slip?

My seller was sino-wireless .

If the price looks to good to be true it most likely is, you get what you pay for. This is what happens when people try to be cheap and not buy direct. Spigen has a store on ebay that is official.

If you paid close to reg price why didn't you just go to spigen direct? Were you that hard up for a few bucks?

I have a fake otterbox defender i paid about $25 for for my S3, however i didnt get pissed after buying it and you know why? I paid HALF what a real one cost and for the most part its the same damn thing, it It protects my phone just as well

I bought it on Ebay for near retail price at $25 because it was sold out at the time. I actively chose one that said it was authentic SPIGEN, made in Korea, and priced accordingly. If I wanted the chinese one, I would have paid $9 for it.

Roamin64

Jul 26, 2012
Hehe on the 2nd picture, the one of the silver frame it says ned hybrid , not neo hybrid.

niclz

Nov 30, 2008

Oh and PS if you message the seller and show him the things that you know make it a fake, and say you are calling spigen to verify authenticity , 9 times out of 10 they will offer a full refund without even shipping the item back

i did tell the seller and opened a case with ebay but he is only offering a partial refund of 15 from the price of the phone which was 20 which is bs, i got this because it stated authentic and you are not able to falsely advertise on ebay, i know still some people do, but ebay protects you anyway if such a thing happens. the sellers feedback was also 100 so i felt good about it, and it was from US n not international.

galaxy808

May 11, 2013
LOLz on the NED Hybrid I think that was the dead ringer for me.

have to say it "you get what you pay for"

I'm sure you paid far less than the $31.99 they charging on the site, that would have been a obvious sign for me.

I had a 7.99 off card they gave me from one of their promos, got the Ultra Crystal SP and Aluminum buttons half off, was a good enough deal for me, just ordered directly off their site with free shipping like I have many times in the past.

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
this is why i never really take my chances with ebay.
id rather buy direct from people and know its authentic then take a chance n get ripped off.
i ordered the neo hybrid satin silver and its well worth the 30 i paid

mikew99

Apr 14, 2011
Just yesterday I received a Spigen case for my new S4. Inside the case was a little card which mentioned authenticating my Spigen product. I thought to myself, "How arrogant of them to think that somebody would want to copy their cell phone case" and ignored it.

Well, I guess the joke is on me! Fortunately I just now ran the authentication on my case, and it's legit (whew!).

Thanks for this report, perhaps it will save somebody some grief. I had no idea such a thing was a problem....

milkit18

Feb 1, 2008
Ordered a fake from China in red for 12 bucks.

I know what I'm getting at that price. Anything half price of the general set price is always a knock off.

Not spending 30 bucks for this plastic case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: thereal2x

dstanley753

Dec 15, 2010
I got taken to and filed a "Counterfeit" claim with paypal and demanded a refund and prepaid mailer. I refused to pay to ship counterfeit merchandise. Got my refund in 20 minutes of opening claim.

BEWARE
huafu168 (440)
99.2% Positive Feedback
Member since Apr-06-12 in China

ohraii

Jul 10, 2011
Las Vegas/Seattle
I actually bought a fake from eBay thinking the bumper would at least be interchangeable with the authentic ones.

Also, another thing they do is put MEGR instead of MEGA on the back where it says the cameras MP.

Sent from my Ancient Atrix 4G.

Last edited:

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
My seller is requesting *I* send the case back to him so he can process a refund. I told him I was already in contact with Spigen (which I did file with them) and they want the case, so if he wants it back he has to provide a mailer/refund quick or it's going to them as evidence.

We'll see how he responds.

As I said. It's one thing to sale China clones that are obvious knock-offs at $9. But to package them and sale them as authentic at retail prices is downright fraud. My seller was US based and also had 100% feedback at the time. It hurts the brand. If I didn't know better, I would think "wow Spigen really sucks". Now that I have an authentic one to compare to, I know that the quality is far superior to the knock-off.

yea, if got scammed as well, same case. but i keep it. it is a good scam with high quality, for half the price :)

Even if you're satisfied for half-price and going to keep it, I recommend you put a neutral (doesn't hurt them) feedback stating that it isn't authentic. When I buy stuff on Ebay, I look for feedback in the neutral/negative categories to see if the seller is selling counterfeits. It helps others.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaq1907

milkit18

Feb 1, 2008
I disagree.
Neutral IS a negative in ebays eyes. .

If you are truly happy with the amount paid and the quality you got leave it at positive.

If your buying items brand new at half price and think they are authentic, then you are a fool.

The guy that paid almost full retail was taken advantage of. But sending the product to the actual company and dealing with reporting them and making threats and all this crap is just a waste, it's just makes you look petty. No offense.
Open a claim with eBay and let them take care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    do not con by 9 bucks... the oem now... oNLY COSTS 6BUCKS.......
    y pay $9 for oem...lol
    still waiitng for my oem to arrive....

What have you done to English!

Dude what was the sellers name so other people dont get scammed as well

it was rishipatel09
    Really guys? This isn't a fake? Has no one heard of Ned the Gnarley Case Ace? He makes "thoughtful redesigns" of popular cases. The Ned Hybrid is just one of many. He also has the Otherbox Defneder, the Nedcipio DualNed, the whole range of Cygned products, the UAG Nedigator, and of course the Nedsung NedView.

Great stuff for cheap, I'm just personally not a fan of the NedView, I mean, what's the point of an N-shaped window?