Question Recent app not working with 3rd party launcher.

Search This thread

Unix_smit

Dec 3, 2017
I have tried various lauchers and all of them seem to have this same issue. When on home sceen I can't access recent apps with any 3rd party laucher. Is this a issue with my particular device? I am pretty sure it is no bug from the launcher as i have tried various launchers all of them have this same issue. Is there a fix for this as I don't like samsungs stock launcher.

Edit: The recent app window is working but has a delay of like 2seco ds
Anyone with the fix for this?

Last edited:

Unix_smit

Dec 3, 2017
There is no problem with the launcher. I am used to vertical scrolling and stock like feel as i had a 6t. I want a similar experience here. One UI might be the best but point is I can't change is due to this recent app bug.

syedtahir16

Nov 10, 2013
I have tried various lauchers and all of them seem to have this same issue. When on home sceen I can't access recent apps with any 3rd party laucher. Is this a issue with my particular device? I am pretty sure it is no bug from the launcher as i have tried various launchers all of them have this same issue. Is there a fix for this as I don't like samsungs stock launcher.
I use Nova and Recent apps works. One thing I did notice was, if I debloat (i.e. disable) OneUI Home then recent apps dont work on Nova launcher.

Sman999

Jun 18, 2015
Nova launcher works for recent apps. But the gesture is not as fluid as it would be with the stock launcher. Try using good lock app and customize with one handed operation.

There is no problem with the launcher. I am used to vertical scrolling and stock like feel as i had a 6t. I want a similar experience here. One UI might be the best but point is I can't change is due to this recent app bug.
What launcher are you using? I'm using Microsoft Launcher and the Recent Apps function works fine.

Top Liked Posts