• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent Apps feature does not function on Poco X3 Suyra V12.0.8.0.RJGEUXM

Search This thread

xFilthyxJesusx

Apr 7, 2009
I finally decided to 'upgrade' my Poco X3 Suyra (EEA I think, even though it says 'global' in the settings) to MIUI-V12.0.8.0.RJGEUXM from V4

The upgrade went smoothly. However, now the recent apps feature when pressing the menu button does not function. When I press the button nothing happens at all. I went to 'button shortcuts' in the settings and double checked the the menu button was set to open recent apps. I switched the menu button to the other option, to open the menu on keypress. That functions just fine. I set the menu button back to open recent apps and again, nothing happens on keypress.

I'm at a loss here.

I debloated the system and removed a lot of the MIUI, Google, and misc software that came preloaded. I also went through and restricted permissions for the remaining system apps that I have no use for, but could not remove or disable.

I am unrooted and on stock ROM. Bootloader is not unlocked as I put my phone in airplane mode frequently. Also Mi Account shows my sim card as not inserted no matter what I do.

I've also noticed that my battery life is absolutely terrible now... Is it possible to roll back this update? I'm guessing no..

Thank you in advance for your help!

..::WD40::..

Jul 15, 2012
Zemun
To use menu button again just install Poco launcher and don't uninstall it. I assume you are using some other launcher now and in debloat process you remove poco launcher. In Android 11 launcher which come with rom must be here.

Reactions: xFilthyxJesusx

xFilthyxJesusx

Apr 7, 2009
To use menu button again just install Poco launcher and don't uninstall it. I assume you are using some other launcher now and in debloat process you remove poco launcher. In Android 11 launcher which come with rom must be here.

Yes Poco Launcher was removed.
I used ADB App Control to run this command on firmware V4
Code:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.mi.android.globallauncher
I then attempted to use
Code:
pm install --user 0 com.mi.android.globallauncher
to reinstall Poco Launcher.
Unfortunately this did not work.

Do you happen to know the package name on the newest firmware?

Or can I just goto the Play Store and grab the Poco Launcher from there? It wouldn't be a system app, so Idk if that would fix the recent apps issue? I notice the package name is the same as listed above.

Last edited:

xFilthyxJesusx

Apr 7, 2009
For those that also run into the same issue. I found the launcher listed in ADB App Control under the "deleted" section of the applications window. From there I was able to restore the Poco Launcher and the recent apps are back :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.