Recommended earbuds ?

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I used to have some old Skullcandy earbuds that I bought discounted in early 2012. Since then they have went out so I had to replace them and got ink'd 2 off Ebay. The pack I got did not come in the original packaging, so I'm not sure if they were fakes, but at any rate they were total junk and one earpiece was not working.

Do you have any recommended earbuds that work well and are priced around $20-25 max ? I use earbuds (corded), no muffs or cordless. Typically they get used pretty heavily at the gym so there's sweat, dropping, etc, etc...hence I don't want to spend too much on earbuds that will get roughed up.

I had some dual driver Xiaomi I bought, they are OK, but nothing too wild. The reviews were good so I was expecting something better, but they were not as good as my old Skullcandy ones.

nascar48

Jan 23, 2011
Bluetooth earbuds are now in the $15-20 range. I personally got a taotronics pair from amazon that are no longer available apparently for $15. The sound is fine. The problem of course is that the battery is about 6 hours of sound and when you are done, you have to make sure you turn them off to save battery. But still, go for them. Not having a cord wrapped around your body is nice.

Reactions: mikeprius

dirtyjersey856

Mar 19, 2014
Breckenridge
I'm still partial to Skull Candy's 2XL brand...I picked up a set of Spokes I believe they were called (the ones without a mic) for like $7- $11. Pair them with Viper4android and they're surprisingly good....they can handle more than my Sennheiser set it spent over $80 for.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Got some SoundPeats from Amazon or $30! They since went down a LOT! You can get em for like, $16 or so. I got the SoundPeats QY9 but some claimed the QY8 had deeper bass. Not sure, but i love em! Bluetooth headphones.

seabro01

Dec 1, 2015
The Sony Extra Bass sound pretty good, especially with V4A and Dolby Atmos. Also durable and comfortable. I've seen them on Amazon for $25-30.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

donnyutx

Jan 5, 2012
Phoenix
Here's a suggestion...

I used to have some old Skullcandy earbuds that I bought discounted in early 2012. Since then they have went out so I had to replace them and got ink'd 2 off Ebay. The pack I got did not come in the original packaging, so I'm not sure if they were fakes, but at any rate they were total junk and one earpiece was not working.

Do you have any recommended earbuds that work well and are priced around $20-25 max ? I use earbuds (corded), no muffs or cordless. Typically they get used pretty heavily at the gym so there's sweat, dropping, etc, etc...hence I don't want to spend too much on earbuds that will get roughed up.

I had some dual driver Xiaomi I bought, they are OK, but nothing too wild. The reviews were good so I was expecting something better, but they were not as good as my old Skullcandy ones.
Personally I use Aukee bluetooth earbuds and I love these! I got them at Amazon for about $25 or so. Really good sound. AUKEY EP-B24 Bluetooth Headphones. Android guys did a review on them but I think they understated them. If you use a music player with good EQ they rock. I like doubletwist for that.

nascar48

Jan 23, 2011
Bluetooth earbuds are now in the $15-20 range. I personally got a taotronics pair from amazon that are no longer available apparently for $15. The sound is fine. The problem of course is that the battery is about 6 hours of sound and when you are done, you have to make sure you turn them off to save battery. But still, go for them. Not having a cord wrapped around your body is nice.
Well they actually just quit working on me this week. The battery no longer charges so they only work plugged in making them pointless. So, guess my reccomendation was premature.

Dusty Rhodes

Dec 18, 2010
Alexandria, VA
Last edited:

coremania

Jan 16, 2016
Personally I use Aukee bluetooth earbuds and I love these! I got them at Amazon for about $25 or so. Really good sound. AUKEY EP-B24 Bluetooth Headphones. Android guys did a review on them but I think they understated them. If you use a music player with good EQ they rock. I like doubletwist for that.

I didn't order the bluetooth earbuds. I tried the Ep c2 from aukey, and aukey was a very good advice. For 12 € on amazon together with arise soundmod I really do enjoy the sound of my Nexus for cheap money.

Thanks for the aukey advice :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well they actually just quit working on me this week. The battery no longer charges so they only work plugged in making them pointless. So, guess my reccomendation was premature.
    Here's a suggestion...

For $25-$30 a set of AKG Y20U earbuds are hard to beat, hands down.
    They tested really well against many other earbuds according to The Wirecutter.
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-headphones-under-40/

I like mine, which live in a zip lock bag at the bottom of a soft briefcase. They roll out and work everytime, no problem. They're tough, crisp, deep, and CHEAP. They also have a built in mic and action button...
    Got them here: http://www.harmanaudio.com/Y20UBLK.html?CJPID=CJ
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone