Recon Jet Basic Info

Search This thread

cayleyflyer

Jan 18, 2021
I wonder if you could help me out again with a couple of files. Reading the intel documents, it says whilst Jets do have ADB set as a default, if its not, and you do not have a laucher loaded on it then!

"NOTE: If the device does not have a launcher on it and Settings cannot be accessed manually, a LispXML script can be used to enable USB Debugging. In this case, transfer an adb.lxl file to the Jet in the “ReconApps\Developer\LispXML\Input\” directory.Contact the Applications Engineering team for assistance with LispXML .

Both my Launcher and LIspXML folders are empty, could you have a look at your device and see if you have and files in LIspXML folder and the LAuncher folder. If you do cuould you send them.

many thanks for your help
jez

humphuk

Mar 14, 2021
Hi all. I reset my Jet - and am stuck with the activation issue. I do however have two devices - the other is alive. Is it worth comparing the two devices in the hope of finding a way of activating? If so - any suggestions of where to look?

cayleyflyer

Jan 18, 2021
HI,
I am still stuck at activation. On your working device my only suggestion is plug it into a pc and look at the file system and compair. My intel documentation does suggest that some Jets need a file inserting in the LispXML file to unlock the device. So look at the “ReconApps\Developer\LispXML\Input\” and see if has any data in it also the LAUNCHER file. I would appreciate it if you could share your findings/any files with me to help me unlock. My LispXML is empty and my LAUNCHER is empty.
jez

cayleyflyer

Jan 18, 2021
HI,
I am still stuck at activation. On your working device my only suggestion is plug it into a pc and look at the file system and compair. My intel documentation does suggest that some Jets need a file inserting in the LispXML file to unlock the device. So look at the “ReconApps\Developer\LispXML\Input\” and see if has any data in it also the LAUNCHER file. I would appreciate it if you could share your findings/any files with me to help me unlock. My LispXML is empty and my LAUNCHER is empty.
jez
Humphuk , Have you had any joy? could you let me me know what filesa re in your ReconApps folder and let me have a copy to see if i can get mine to work
regards
jez

AlxLifanov

Apr 3, 2021
Hello, everybody.

I've purchased a used Recon Jet glasses some time ago, and it is activated.
I made a backup of available files, link is below. Maybe that helps.

selektaauthentic

Apr 20, 2021
Useless thing from a first sight. It requires a ReconEngage account, and i cannot create one, even via FB login. We'll possibly need to have a piece of registry to spoil it.
I am glad I found this thread. I have had a Jet for a long time. Got it for a project a few years ago, and it's been collecting dust. I just started biking, so I pulled it out and am charging it now.

I'd love to be able to connect this thing to my iPhone and get some value out of it. It would be great to make a modern-ish ROM for it. I know that's a lot of work though. The hardware really is pretty alight.

AlxLifanov

Apr 3, 2021
Guys, you know that Intel killed Recon together with all it's cloud infrastructure, so all host software (both Engage and Uplink) is useless now.
I want to try to rewrite it at least partly. So it should become interesting not only to me - i'd like to make a little survey. If you are not too lazy - please, spend some time for answering it - https://forms.gle/76HNm6Af34ECJyp27

(1) Definitely i am starting with Android, but maybe later i will try to do something with iOS...
(2) It is done during spare time, so no "release date promise" :)

LeighUK

Apr 20, 2021
Guys, you know that Intel killed Recon together with all it's cloud infrastructure, so all host software (both Engage and Uplink) is useless now.
I want to try to rewrite it at least partly. So it should become interesting not only to me - i'd like to make a little survey. If you are not too lazy - please, spend some time for answering it - https://forms.gle/76HNm6Af34ECJyp27

(1) Definitely i am starting with Android, but maybe later i will try to do something with iOS...
(2) It is done during spare time, so no "release date promise" :)
Survey completed

If I can be of any assistance in getting a working android version for these glasses please let me know.
It seems just petty of the Devs to just stop support and brick this hardware when it would not have taken them long to release an update to at least leave these devices with some functionality.

LeighUK

Apr 20, 2021
Survey completed

If I can be of any assistance in getting a working android version for these glasses please let me know.
It seems just petty of the Devs to just stop support and brick this hardware when it would not have taken them long to release an update to at least leave these devices with some functionality.
"

LeighUK

Apr 20, 2021
Also wikipedia says Recon Instruments developed a version of android they named recon OS and I found this-

LeighUK

Apr 20, 2021
Also wikipedia says Recon Instruments developed a version of android they named recon OS and I found this-

If anyone has a working jet unit could they please connect to their pc via usb and you should see the jet appear as a device in file manager, please copy every file off of the device and zip them up and post here - assuming connecting via usb does not brick the device..

I assume the original setup process online must have dropped or altered a file in the editable file system to allow access as any other way would be a bigger pain in the backside to code

Top Liked Posts