Question Recover bricked moto stylus 5g after flashing TWRP

Search This thread

dagey

Aug 16, 2017
IN
Moto G 5G Plus
Moto G 5G
Hey guys, I recently rooted my stylus 5g and went to install TWRP. I was able to get it to boot to TWRP, but I believe within TWRP I did the flash wrong as now my device is hard bricked. I cannot get it to show the initial logo, get to the bootloader or I think even EDL. I've tried the Lenovo recovery tool and the Moto all-in-one tool, but essentially all I get now is a black screen.

Any input on what I can do to either diagnose and possibly recover my device? I have the original firmware downloaded, but without being able to get to the bootloader, recovery, or even EDL, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. I did grab a blankflash for the device, but I'm not clear on how to begin to use that to move forward.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

-Ryan

Lord Mejía

May 6, 2022
Hello friend, honestly I am new to this. In fact I'm looking for how to unlock my moto g stylus 5g xt2131-1 from metropcs to use it with a mobile operator in Colombia. But given your problem, and everything I've researched recently, I would say you could check this video:
in which revive a moto g8+, although it is a different version, it should work if you do the steps as indicated.

duffman452001

Nov 26, 2009
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is also hard bricked at the moment. I've been trying to get it to the 9008 mode so I can blankflash but I've had no luck. I see on some phones there is a pair of pins on the board that need to be shorted but I'm not sure which ones. I just bought an edl cable on amazon which should be here tomorrow, hopefully that will get it in the correct mode.

Reactions: Absolut_Malarkey
Sep 23, 2014
Did you ever figure this out? Mine is also hard bricked at the moment. I've been trying to get it to the 9008 mode so I can blankflash but I've had no luck. I see on some phones there is a pair of pins on the board that need to be shorted but I'm not sure which ones. I just bought an edl cable on amazon which should be here tomorrow, hopefully that will get it in the correct mode.
could you let me know if that works. im struggling with this as well

duffman452001

Nov 26, 2009
could you let me know if that works. im struggling with this as well
No luck. Only change with the EDL cable is that if I plug the phone in via the cable with the battery unplugged it was a pretty rapid blink vs before it would blink every 10 seconds or so if I held the power button while plugged in to power. The button on the EDL cable had no effect. I then tried to short out every combination of pads on the board similar to the video above. No luck, it just seems to be completely toast. All I did from TWRP is format data and reboot to fastboot. Dead since then.

liammmmnnnn

Sep 22, 2022
No luck. Only change with the EDL cable is that if I plug the phone in via the cable with the battery unplugged it was a pretty rapid blink vs before it would blink every 10 seconds or so if I held the power button while plugged in to power. The button on the EDL cable had no effect. I then tried to short out every combination of pads on the board similar to the video above. No luck, it just seems to be completely toast. All I did from TWRP is format data and reboot to fastboot. Dead since then.
thank god i saw this, i was getting ready to flash TWRP even just unlocked my bootloader and everything, not taking this chance! i honestly got so many phones to root, unlock the bootloader, flash new roms, but litterly all of them have at least one problem.. (my devices range from lg to motorola, zte, htc, samsung...) i had a moto g play, but i tried to flash TWRP from magisk, and looked like it was stuck in boot loop, then used motorola tool, and fried it.. litterly didnt show any sign of life after, (I dont thing it was motorlas tool, i think it had something to do with me trying to flash TWRP, anyway, the screen looks like an explosion! had more fun hitting it with a rubber mallet than getting frusterated, and maybe fixing it...

Attachments

• 20221001_163909[1].jpg
    20221001_163909[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

duffman452001

Nov 26, 2009
thank god i saw this, i was getting ready to flash TWRP even just unlocked my bootloader and everything, not taking this chance! i honestly got so many phones to root, unlock the bootloader, flash new roms, but litterly all of them have at least one problem.. (my devices range from lg to motorola, zte, htc, samsung...) i had a moto g play, but i tried to flash TWRP from magisk, and looked like it was stuck in boot loop, then used motorola tool, and fried it.. litterly didnt show any sign of life after, (I dont thing it was motorlas tool, i think it had something to do with me trying to flash TWRP, anyway, the screen looks like an explosion! had more fun hitting it with a rubber mallet than getting frusterated, and maybe fixing it...
I did end up recovering mine via the test points https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ank-flash-boost-mobile.4469613/#post-87181339

liammmmnnnn

Sep 22, 2022

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.