• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recover image files from fastboot formatted internal storage

Search This thread

mohsinulhaq

Oct 19, 2013
Hi, I recently tried flashing the OnePlus Open Beta 3 from the official website. But I did the mistake of not backing my data. The phone went into bootloop (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...eason-adb-pull-mnt-vender-op2-rbr_log.1388441).
Then as suggested in the comments, it asked to do `fastboot -w`, as it said it would just change the slot. But instead, it formatted `userdata` and now I have lost all my internal storage content. (But it did fix the bootloop).

Is there any way now to restore any part of that data?

upncoming

Feb 2, 2013
Chicago
I've used an app called diskdigger in the past that worked well to recover deleted pics. It's available in the play store. Read the app description about using it with root vs. without. Without root, it can pretty much only scan through your cache and thumbnails. With root it can be much more through and can retrieve full size images.

mohsinulhaq

Oct 19, 2013
I've used an app called diskdigger in the past that worked well to recover deleted pics. It's available in the play store. Read the app description about using it with root vs. without. Without root, it can pretty much only scan through your cache and thumbnails. With root it can be much more through and can retrieve full size images.
I did try it, on multiple detected partitions, but all it could find was a couple of app thumbnails. :(