[RECOVER][UNBRICK][BLANKFLASH] How unbrick your bricked Motorola Moto One Macro

Search This thread

Parnab Saha

Aug 17, 2016
My Moto One Macro(XT2016-1) got bricked last week while updating. It completely stopped booting(no vibration, nothing except for a white light when connected to charger) after searching for a while and looking for ways to unbrick my phone I stumbled across this video
am an IT student but android isn't my forte.). I sort of got it working but after the moto logo it started showing YOUR DEVICE IS CORRUPT.IT CANT BE TRUSTED AND WILL NOT BOOT and tried to unlock bootloader(by watching this video vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icydrhiAMA but the moto website didn't work so I tried via fastboot but it says enable OEM unlocking from setting) but I am unable to do so now as I had accidental completely formatted the phone so everything is gone(IMEI,Mac address,Serial.no) so now it shows No valid operating system could be found. This device will not boot. Can anyone please help me out ( I am desperate as I can't afford to buy a new phone due to the pandemic nor take it to a service center as I have lost my job, I am currently using Moto E3 power which has a weak battery and keeps on dying every 2 hrs.)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.41 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.41 PM (1).jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 103
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.41 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.41 PM.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 99
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 11.33.40 PM.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 86
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-09 at 1.55.43 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-09 at 1.55.43 AM.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Monument6503

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
My Moto One Macro(XT2016-1) got bricked last week while updating. It completely stopped booting(no vibration, nothing except for a white light when connected to charger) after searching for a while and looking for ways to unbrick my phone I stumbled across this video
am an IT student but android isn't my forte.). I sort of got it working but after the moto logo it started showing YOUR DEVICE IS CORRUPT.IT CANT BE TRUSTED AND WILL NOT BOOT and tried to unlock bootloader(by watching this video vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icydrhiAMA but the moto website didn't work so I tried via fastboot but it says enable OEM unlocking from setting) but I am unable to do so now as I had accidental completely formatted the phone so everything is gone(IMEI,Mac address,Serial.no) so now it shows No valid operating system could be found. This device will not boot. Can anyone please help me out ( I am desperate as I can't afford to buy a new phone due to the pandemic nor take it to a service center as I have lost my job, I am currently using Moto E3 power which has a weak battery and keeps on dying every 2 hrs.)
Did you follow the guide?

Reactions: RN9_G85

MyNameIs90

Jan 30, 2020
Hi,
I accidentally hard bricked my phone while trying to increase my system partition size using parted tool. I have been trying the blank flash file for a while but it keeps saying Download fail. I tried SP Flash tool and used the scatter file from the blank flash but it keeps giving me error: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0xC0060003). Is there anything I can do to recover the phone? Or it is impossible to do that now?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hi,
I accidentally hard bricked my phone while trying to increase my system partition size using parted tool. I have been trying the blank flash file for a while but it keeps saying Download fail. I tried SP Flash tool and used the scatter file from the blank flash but it keeps giving me error: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0xC0060003). Is there anything I can do to recover the phone? Or it is impossible to do that now?
Blankflash is your best chance.
May you attach the screenshot, please?

Reactions: sd_shadow

MyNameIs90

Jan 30, 2020
Blankflash is your best chance.
May you attach the screenshot, please?
These are the screenshots of errors of both blankflash and SP flash tool. By the way the VCOM port keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when I connect my phone with USB, also takes some time to show up after connecting, is that normal? Or that is the issue? I've attached a video for that.

Attachments

• unknown_2021.08.22-19.37.png
    unknown_2021.08.22-19.37.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 206
  • unknown_2021.08.22-19.35.png
    unknown_2021.08.22-19.35.png
    626.4 KB · Views: 208
  • unknown_2021.08.22-19.40.mp4
    11.3 MB · Views: 0

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
These are the screenshots of errors of both blankflash and SP flash tool. By the way the VCOM port keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when I connect my phone with USB, also takes some time to show up after connecting, is that normal? Or that is the issue? I've attached a video for that.
You do NOT need spflashtool.
Everything is done on bootloader (FASTBOOT).
Please, read step #8.
If you want, you can watch the guide by @yehison

Reactions: sd_shadow

MyNameIs90

Jan 30, 2020
Did you really read the guide?
Read step #5, you need to turn off your device first.
And then blankflash it and then reboot to fastboot while usb cable is still plugged.
Please, read the FULL guide CAREFULLY.
The phone is completely dead. It's already off. Only a white light comes on when I connect it to usb.

extremq

Dec 10, 2021
Greetings, I don't understand how the blank flash should start. It's waiting for a com port cable insert but it never detects anything. I've always had the phone turned off and usb disconnected, opened the .bat file and then connect it to the PC. Do i just turn it on? Do i put it in bootloader mode? I tried all these things and I can't figure it out. My phone is in a bootloop.

If I power it on, I get a "dm-verity corruption" error.
1639147304504.png

Please clarify what this means: "Now, attach the USB cable and turn your device on.".

Last edited:

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Greetings, I don't understand how the blank flash should start. It's waiting for a com port cable insert but it never detects anything. I've always had the phone turned off and usb disconnected, opened the .bat file and then connect it to the PC. Do i just turn it on? Do i put it in bootloader mode? I tried all these things and I can't figure it out. My phone is in a bootloop.

If I power it on, I get a "dm-verity corruption" error.

Please clarify what this means: "Now, attach the USB cable and turn your device on.".

extremq

Dec 10, 2021
Yeah, well, I guess thanks. I've got no idea how I should figure out the link you sent me, but I've tried. Again, I did everything the same as the steps, but it just doesn't detect the comport. I can't seem to understand how I should turn the phone on after starting the blank .bat file. If you have any additional info, I'd appreciate it.

JorgeVla

Oct 8, 2011
Hey, I've tried this and it was a success! The problem was that I used an older version of the firmware when I patched the boot.img and messed it up. Thank you so much, I put root correctly now.
Hi, what did you tried to get it done ? I am stuck at "Please insert comport" message at blank flash, my phone never gets detected

gorbatschoff

Mar 13, 2010
Ciechanow
hello, i'm another person who has a problem with the blankflash detection of the comport from this thread. I think this is due to the fact that this blankflash was created for android 9. There are android 9 commands in the .bat file for flashing the rom. The only solution for people who do not have comport is to update the blankflash for android 10. Unfortunately, no I know how to do this. Maybe the creator of this blankflash has an idea for it, because if he created for android 9, he can do it for 10 and save a few more phones.

Top Liked Posts