• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recovering accidentally deleted photos

Search This thread

CherJax

Mar 9, 2019
Hi, I accidentally deleted 700 photos from my Samsung Galaxy S9. I purchased FoneLab-Android Data Recovery but couldn't figure out how to use the "advanced Root" to get the deleted photos. Everything I looked at, regarding root apps, said not to trust them. So, it's been 3 days now since I lost the photos, but I haven't used the camera because I read it could overwrite the photos I'm looking to recover. Can anyone help, in layman's terms? Thank you! Cheryl

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
If the photos were on the phone and not the sdcard I'm not sure there is any way to recover them as the internal storage is encrypted, heard of people bricking their phone trying with various recovery programs

If they were on the MicroSD card you can run pretty much any PC software recovery program, although there are specific ones for USB/SD cards too

Future reference, make regular backups (How did you manage to delete 700 photos accidentally?)

CherJax

Mar 9, 2019
Hi, thank you for responding. I think they were on the SD card. The album shows a picture of a camera and an sd card. So, I went to delete a video I just took but didn't realize I was on the "folder", selected it, and didn't realize until it was too late that I selected the whole folder! I hit cancel when I saw it was deleting over 700 photos, but again, was too late. So, if they were on SD card, how should I proceed?
Thank you!
Cheryl

If the photos were on the phone and not the sdcard I'm not sure there is any way to recover them as the internal storage is encrypted, heard of people bricking their phone trying with various recovery programs

If they were on the MicroSD card you can run pretty much any PC software recovery program, although there are specific ones for USB/SD cards too

Future reference, make regular backups (How did you manage to delete 700 photos accidentally?)

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hi, thank you for responding. I think they were on the SD card. The album shows a picture of a camera and an sd card. So, I went to delete a video I just took but didn't realize I was on the "folder", selected it, and didn't realize until it was too late that I selected the whole folder! I hit cancel when I saw it was deleting over 700 photos, but again, was too late. So, if they were on SD card, how should I proceed?
Thank you!
Cheryl

Take the SDCard out of the phone, get a reader or adapter to put it in so you can connect it to your PC

Make sure you do not copy anything else to that card

Install this on your PC
https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/sd-card-recovery-freeware.htm

Follow instructions to recover files to from the sdcard to PC

Good luck

Jugher

Dec 23, 2019
recover deleted photos

hello,
Maybe you can use the Bitwar Data Recovery to recover your deleted photos. As you have lost hundreds of photos, most data recovery tools are not free to use. So I think you can try this freeware.:cowboy:

hmorgan405

Dec 12, 2019
Well bro, the situation is very hard to bear as I can understand the worth of those 700 photos. When luck is bad then you cannot do anything. But one thing can be done to get back lost pictures from your Galaxy S9 and that is by using a recovery tool like Android Photo Recovery.
Yes, this is the only solution that can bring back your disappeared pictures from Samsung phone. But remember you should not overwrite the files with new data. Using a recovery program is the only answer to your data loss and all your pictures will be restored without any backup required.
But I would also like to mention that if you have created a backup then kindly check them once. And if not then you must use the a recovery tool like Android Photo Recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts