Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
15 APRIL 2012: ALL - PLEASE NOW REFER TO THIS THREAD HERE

Just found a new Clockwork-5.0.1.0 for our beloved Sensation(al) device
It works fine and didn't find any bug yet :)
The charging issue some of users had seems to be solved

In order for this to work, the HTC Sensation needs to be S-OFF.

How to Flash:

Flash via boatloader or push adb or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or using Rom Manager

Download:

01/09/2011: 5.0.1.0:HERE

Update 05/09/2011: 5.0.2.0: HERE
If you want to flash via Bootloader just put the following file PG58IMG.zip in your SD card : HERE
changelog: fix the fact that some users were loosing root access with 5.0.1.0

Last edited by a moderator:

pushpann

Feb 18, 2011
Charging issue is still there. Doesn't charge when switched off or battery goes empty. Not Recommended for users who go out of battery very often..

To check if your phone is charging, turn off ur phone, remove and reinsert your battery(to make sure ur phone is fully switched off), then open adb and type::
adb shell cat /sys/devices/platform/htc_battery/power_supply/battery/status

if it returns charging, it's fine for u, otherwise Think again..
I got discharging, so reverted back to 4.0.1.4(Modded for charging when switched off)..
Here's link for 4.0.1.4 for those who want to revert back http://goo.gl/4VlGV

Last edited:
Reactions: hav0c and s3nsat1on

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
it actually does charge when turned off, but not when in hboot/fastboot/recovery

i completely drained my battery, and it charged, but i had to let it fill for a min or so before i could turn it back on with enough juice to get back into OS

not recommended if kill your battery often

EDIT* the link i poseted has a bit of testing already done, it was just put in the general thread, not the dev one

Last edited:

pushpann

Feb 18, 2011
it actually does charge when turned off, but not when in hboot/fastboot/recovery

i completely drained my battery, and it charged, but i had to let it fill for a min or so before i could turn it back on with enough juice to get back into OS

not recommended if kill your battery often

EDIT* the link i poseted has a bit of testing already done, it was just put in the general thread, not the dev one

Did u try adb command when phone was turned off?
It gives me "Discharging', when just turned off and connected to PC.
I was f****d when i had just s-offed my Sensation, and went out of battery. So I'm too skeptical about all this :D:D

Last edited:

nikosblade

May 28, 2008
Did u try adb command when phone was turned off?
It gives me "Discharging', when just turned off and connected to PC.
I had got f****d when i had just s-offed my Sensation, and went out of battery. So I'm too skeptical about all this :D:D

No bro it charging normally even if your phone is turned off. I tried it already cause i have a spare full charged battery. The problem is when you are on recovery aka no charge. Anyway i still find silly to try flash a rom when you are on low battery at all.

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
No bro it charging normally even if your phone is turned off. I tried it already cause i have a spare full charged battery. The problem is when you are on recovery aka no charge. Anyway i still find silly to try flash a rom when you are on low battery at all.

thats what im sayin!

even though it says discharging on powered off, it does charge, but u just gotta wait a min or 2 so it has enough juice to power back on...

its not as bad as the < 4.0.1.4 problems, but either way its a better ver of CWM

pushpann

Feb 18, 2011
Discharging for me with adb commandBut LED is red :/

LED doesn't exactly give proper info. When i was using 4.0.1.4(initial that doesnt charge when switched off that came with revolutionary), i charged phone for whole night and LED was red, but in morning, phone's battery was still empty.

LED is liar lol..

Reactions: moeinf

pushpann

Feb 18, 2011

U r right.

But does that mean ADB is liar?? Dunno if i should trust adb or not..
I dont care whether it charges when i m on recovery, but i just want to be sure that my phone charges when i run out of battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    15 APRIL 2012: ALL - PLEASE NOW REFER TO THIS THREAD HERE

Just found a new Clockwork-5.0.1.0 for our beloved Sensation(al) device
    It works fine and didn't find any bug yet :)
    The charging issue some of users had seems to be solved

In order for this to work, the HTC Sensation needs to be S-OFF.

How to Flash:

Flash via boatloader or push adb or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or using Rom Manager

Download:

01/09/2011: 5.0.1.0:HERE

Update 05/09/2011: 5.0.2.0: HERE
    If you want to flash via Bootloader just put the following file PG58IMG.zip in your SD card : HERE
    changelog: fix the fact that some users were loosing root access with 5.0.1.0
    Alternative method is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img :)
    Charging issue is still there. Doesn't charge when switched off or battery goes empty. Not Recommended for users who go out of battery very often..

To check if your phone is charging, turn off ur phone, remove and reinsert your battery(to make sure ur phone is fully switched off), then open adb and type::
    adb shell cat /sys/devices/platform/htc_battery/power_supply/battery/status

if it returns charging, it's fine for u, otherwise Think again..
    I got discharging, so reverted back to 4.0.1.4(Modded for charging when switched off)..
    Here's link for 4.0.1.4 for those who want to revert back http://goo.gl/4VlGV
    Installed 5.0.0.8.
    Drained my battery until the phone shut off.
    Plugged it in and it powered up.
    Excellent!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
    Using CWM 5.0.0.1 Pyramid seems it doesnt't charging when sensation powered off ... :(
    D:\ADB>adb shell cat /sys/devices/platform/htc_battery/power_supply/battery/status
    Discharging

reverted back to 4.0.1.4 pyramid mod by alpharev :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone